Wrong PCN data shown in DEST mode

QuiGon

I'm not sure if it is a bug or if I'm missing somethinge here, but there's somethign wrong with the PCN. First off, the DEST mode is used to show nav data, right?

So, if I'm flying around and want the PCN to display the distance and bearing to a waypoint I hit the DEST button and enter the waypoint number. The PCN display then shows the correct waypoint number, but not the correct distance/bearing. I think it still refers to the previously selected waypoint.

There is a workaround though: When I select the waypoint by using the PREP mode and than copy it to the DEST mode by pushing the DEST button twice it will show distance and bearing correctly.

So, is this a bug or am I missing something here?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

The PCN display the prep waypoint, the dest waypoint is diplayed on hsi (nav mode) and hud.

Envoyé de mon XT1072 en utilisant Tapatalk

So the PCN display is never supposed to display the DEST data? But why does it display the waypoint number I entered in DEST mode with the nav data of the previously selected PREP waypoint next to it. Is this really how it is supposed to be? Because a waypoint number with the nav data of a different waypoint right next to it is pretty confusing :huh:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Prep is the editing mode. You can select all the waypoint, the waypoint 00 is your current position. You can have precise data about this waypoint. On Dest is the waypoint send to hud and hsi by the PCN. If you select the waypoint 7 on Dest and you want some precise data, you should select the waypoint 7 on prep. If you double clic on prep, it Will select the waypoint selected with Dest. So you can have the waypoint 7 on Dest AND prep. (And vice-versa).

Envoyé de mon XT1072 en utilisant Tapatalk

Alright, thanks for the answers!

I still find it pretty odd though to show nav data (distance bearing when D/RLT is selected) of a different waypoint than the one indicated just to the left of the nav data.

Tornado3 small.jpg

Check the manual, there is a big part on the INS ;-)

That's what I'm doing already ;)

Tornado3 small.jpg

You can select the WP you want to go to with DEST, and work on another one with PREP.

If you need to display the coordinates of the DEST WP, double click on PREP.

Then PREP = DEST.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

• 4 weeks later...

For the waypoint to switch automatically the ENC button have to be light up, it's on the PCN, between the PREP and DEST buttons.

It only works in NAV mod (master arm off) and it will switch to the next waypoint when you are below 1 nm of the current one (not sure for distance, will check).

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA