Questions before buying

Brett Sinclair

Hello,

I am about to buy the MiG-21 during Steam sale, it being one of my favourite aircraft.

Just a few questions before buying:

- Is there an FPS impact compared to FC3 aircraft? If yes, how big is it?

- Are they keyboard bindings for the cockpit switches? Until Christmas I have to fly without a joystick (but mouse yoke, which works well), so I need shortcuts for the cockpit switches.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Brett

Hello,

I am about to buy the MiG-21 during Steam sale, it being one of my favourite aircraft.

Just a few questions before buying:

- Is there an FPS impact compared to FC3 aircraft? If yes, how big is it?

- Are they keyboard bindings for the cockpit switches? Until Christmas I have to fly without a joystick (but mouse yoke, which works well), so I need shortcuts for the cockpit switches.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Brett

- There was a pretty big FPS drop compared to other aircraft at the initial release, but that was fixed. I have no performance issues with the MiG-21 anymore.

- Yes, there are keybinds for pretty much everything.

• Like 1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

The MiG's pit is still more polygon and texture resolution heavy compared to most of FC3 planes, so it requires more hardware power to be rendered smoothly, although in recent years it's been optimized somewhat indeed.

It all depends on Your PC config, which You didn't describe. For me, however, the plane doesn't cause performance issues anymore on my GTX780, and that is not a new card by any means.

• Like 1

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

It may kill your PC when the model / textures load in, but once that's done she's smooth as baby bottoms :)

For the controls, everything can be ninded, but it's more complex than an FC3 kite so you will need more binds!!

• Like 1

Modules: too many

System: I7-7700K, GTX 2080 Super, 64GB DDR4, 500GB SSD, 3TB HDD.

Thank you for your replies.

My specs are: i7-4700MQ @ 2,4 GHz, Nvidia GT740M 2GB, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, DCS on 1 GB HD.

Truly far from great today, but DCS is running quite well at lower settings but 1080p resolution.

Mapping keys will be a must, but more things to map is a plus, really...

Best regards,

Brett