IFF bug

Dave317

So you turn the system on first, as I mentioned the switch to turn it on is just below the INS on the right side, turn it to the 12' o'clock position (sorry I cant be more detailed ATM I am not at home). Once it is turned on you use the DIRAV (Nose Wheel Steering) button to interrogate the planes that are on your radar. The interrogation only lasts a brief time and then all contacts go back to the same symbols so I recommend you have the DIRAV (Nose Wheel Steering) button handy on your joystick since you will have to use it every time you want to interrogate contacts.

Hope that helps

JD

AKA_MattE

Thanks, I'll try it soon.

I just asked because there's place to write some numberts ( something like code ) to IFF and I don't know what's that.

Those are drums to input the IFF code that the interrogator uses to ascertain that a contact is either friendly or not. However, that functionality is currently redundant in DCS since the IFF only asks if the contact is in your coalition or not. If it is a member of your coalition then it is labeled as friendly, otherwise it is an enemy.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Well semi-true.

It does not work if it is turned to A(off), it works on SEC and CONT. Airstarts have it on SEC.

I always wondered if those two selections are for manual and continuous IFF interrogation.

Edited by kobeshow

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"DCS World is the main public build, it has nothing to do with being stable" -Bignewy

Yes, I know that it's just for a short period making the interrogation but I made a custom mission and it works in that mission. But on the buddyspike server I can't get it to work at all for some reason..

Arghhh, I'm getting nuts about this, as long as the guys shot me down made a friendly kill I'm in on it, but I didn't get a response in the chat window so I guess that it wasn't a teamkill.

Redwine and dark rum makes you happy... Safe flights and happy landings.