How to update F-5 in 2.0

Need-To-Know

Not that dumb, but still, only binaries for 1.5.x were updated today, so F-5 in 2.0 will remain a bit behind its 1.5.5 version for now, until 2.0.x catches up with its update (and so will all other aircraft).

• Like 1

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

The update for 2.0 usually follows a week or so behind the 1.5 updates. Remember that 2.0 is still an Alpha release, whereas 1.5 is the current full release version of DCS World, so it generally takes priority when it comes to updates.

So, if you want the latest iterations, just download and install 1.5 alongside 2.0 - it is free.

• Like 1

Right. So to update my 1.5, do I just open the game and it updates itself, or is there a patch that I will need to apply?

~S

You can go to your start menu and open >>Eagle Dynamic then >>DCS World and there is an update icon to click on.

I opened the folder I have 1.5 installed on, the opened the bin folder and clicked on update. Just because I recently moved my install and Start menu around.

And thanks guys for letting me know about 2.0.

Edited by Need-To-Know
Adding thanks

Fight to fly, fly to fight, fight to win.

Callsign: Need

Shu-Ha-Ri

My F5E is still showing up as WIP - in both 1.5.5 and 2.0.3. Is this normal after the out of early access notification?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG Rampage Extreme VI; i9 7900X (all 10 cores at 4.5GHz); 32 Gb Corsair Dominator DDR4; EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid; 1Tb Samsung 960 Evo M2; 2Tb Samsung 850 Pro secondary.

Oculus Rift; TM Warthog; Saitek Combat Pros.

Thanks PilotMI8. I'll give it another go :-)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG Rampage Extreme VI; i9 7900X (all 10 cores at 4.5GHz); 32 Gb Corsair Dominator DDR4; EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid; 1Tb Samsung 960 Evo M2; 2Tb Samsung 850 Pro secondary.

Oculus Rift; TM Warthog; Saitek Combat Pros.