As promised: Black Shark Promo video here!

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi G.Amraam

First of all I want to say I felt in love with ur videos since I saw ur MaximumG. Unfortunately, I have to admit that this one is still your best video ever. And I'm not saying it to offend u but because I was making video games videos by my self and I feel the difference :)

Now I'm in video editoring business ( weddings, annuversaries etc ) but still like to watch video games videos ... the good ones.

Unfortunately, this video is worsiest of yours and at the same poor level as other lock on videos of noobie editors. I don't know why, may be because u had limited time or something else ( u were telling this to us at the first page of the topic). I know how important to be not limited in the art :)) otherway all can go shity.

First of all ur ka50 video doesn't have any story line ( like mostly other videos u made ). Well, ok, you might wanted to make just kinda presentational video of ka50 in general but in this case ur video is extreamly poor in effects ( you've been even too lazy to make good angels for filming of units, usually u r the best in finding it! ) so, generally, ur video is 1 of 10 if to base of your class of lock on movie makers. I really hope ur next video of ka50 will be as revoluteonary great as MaximumG was for lock on at the time ;)

I believe in ur talant! :)))

... lai dzivo Latvija!

Guest IguanaKing

Great vid, GA! :D

But, I must ask what has already been posted. Now maybe the pilot forgot to cage his AI and standby AI...but what's with both indicators being dead? The standby I can understand, since its pretty much stupid until you cage it. But what's the deal with the primary? I only saw it change in attitude and not roll...the StbyAI...well, it doesn't seem to do squat the entire film. That's either bad programming or bad flight ops.

As I understand it with regard to Black Shark, it has been delayed due to code refinements or code fixes ect,ect??What strikes me odd is how a software company can spend a bunch of money on a game with no return

on thier investment.To wait what 1 1/2 or 2 years, this company must have DEEP POCKETS and other sources of revenue to survive on to bid their time on. You would think that their accountants would be banging

on the bosses' desks with their hands with money numbers their losing by such a long delay.

As I understand it with regard to Black Shark, it has been delayed due to code refinements or code fixes ect,ect??What strikes me odd is how a software company can spend a bunch of money on a game with no return

on thier investment.To wait what 1 1/2 or 2 years, this company must have DEEP POCKETS and other sources of revenue to survive on to bid their time on. You would think that their accountants would be banging

on the bosses' desks with their hands with money numbers their losing by such a long delay.

Great vid, GA! :D

But, I must ask what has already been posted. Now maybe the pilot forgot to cage his AI and standby AI...but what's with both indicators being dead? The standby I can understand, since its pretty much stupid until you cage it. But what's the deal with the primary? I only saw it change in attitude and not roll...the StbyAI...well, it doesn't seem to do squat the entire film. That's either bad programming or bad flight ops.

Attitude indicator?

I wonder if he didn't wait for the INS to spin up or something ...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Guest IguanaKing

Yes...and any normal check-list tells the pilot to ignore his primary ADI AND his standby. NOT!!! :megalol: On Friday, we caged that puppy, as well as checking simple annunicators. Do you think we would have taken off if a single, friggin' 327 didn't light in our annunciator check? If we had, well we would have been "bold" on-line pilots who laugh at such things. Granted, there's a good chance we wouldn't have been old, but at least we'd be "bold". We chose to be old.

So, as a tester, are you telling us that the attitude indicator means nothing?

Guest IguanaKing

The video shows a dead ADI in at least roll, as well as a COMPLETELY DEAD stby ADI. Not really concerned about IRL so much, as ANYBODY should be concerned about an OBVIOUS FLAW. Great vid again, GA! But for simplicity's sake, would someone show a vid in which these very basic indicators work as they should?

Not quite sure if this comment can be chalked up to attention deficit disorder or flame war initiation. I think you should be greatfull ED is creating simulations. With comments like these that it is no wonder release dates are subject to the "when it is done" response.

Not quite sure if this comment can be chalked up to attention deficit disorder or flame war initiation.

My comments were based as an consumer of software products rockwelder, I assume you are a beta tester for BS?? if you are I

also assume your bound by confidentially agreements so I would

expect an answer like what you posted recently.

If your not a beta tester rockwelder you have biased opinion of

my statement

MaxRiga said - Hi G.Amraam

First of all I want to say I felt in love with ur videos since I saw ur MaximumG.

But Glowing Amraam didn't make MaximumG, it was bSr.LOCsta.

JJG43 said - What strikes me odd is how a software company can spend a bunch of money on a game with no return on thier investment.To wait what 1 1/2 or 2 years, this company must have DEEP POCKETS and other sources of revenue to survive on to bid their time on. You would think that their accountants would be banging on the bosses' desks with their hands with money numbers their losing by such a long delay.
I am guessing by this statement that you have little or no experience of Software development. The delays experienced in the releases of BlackShark and their other products are typical of the industry. Eagle Dynamics seem to take pride in their work and it is better they take some time to get it right than release it too early.

As for release dates they have been burned by harsh critisism on the Forums when they missed promised dates, so I dont blame them for keeping quiet. Unlike many companies their development staff visit these forums to help with questions and problems, I dont know of that many software companies that do that.

Or maybe you are an accountant ? Well, the source of the money is the Russian publishers who commissioned them to develop the Black Shark helo add-on. They are the ones taking a financial risk, but of course if it sells lots of copies in Russia, then the publishers will reap the rewards. That's how business works.

As for other sources of revenue, who knows what other projects they are doing? That would be commercially sensitive information that no Company tells to any Tom, Dick or Harry in the street and frankly is none of our business.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry Death, you lose! It was Professor Plum....

Quote:

MaxRiga said - Hi G.Amraam

First of all I want to say I felt in love with ur videos since I saw ur MaximumG.

But Glowing Amraam didn't make MaximumG, it was bSr.LOCsta.

oh shit ... sry people, my bad, it was so long ago ... :((( confused

... lai dzivo Latvija!

• ED Team

Thats right, i didnt make MaximumG. ;)

And the reason why there aren't any effects in the movie? It's a PROMO video. I'm showing exactly what you will be seeing on your monitor when playing Black Shark. Also, the sounds are all in-game.

And i do agree with you on the fact that the views i use in the video are simply horrible and boring. But like i mentioned, i smacked the video together in a couple of hours, simply because of daily life issues. I wasn't even in the mood, or inspired, enough to even bother thinking of what i wanted to show, so i just played a little, and used the tracks i had. (some 3-4 tracks were used...)

Thats basically the story behind the movie... Now you know ;)

But trust me, next Black Shark video (whenever it will be released) will be tons better. I promise. :)

Well whatever the risks they are taking every helicopter sim fan MUST have Black Shark, simple as that.

And the standby AI doesn't work yet, at least I've not been able to get it working but then I'm still getting to grips with the navi-computer and it's the simple things you forget that sometimes means the difference between a system working and not working.

This our hobby - not our job - if we are not having a laugh, we're doing it wrong. - Rats

Thats right, i didnt make MaximumG. ;)

And the reason why there aren't any effects in the movie? It's a PROMO video. I'm showing exactly what you will be seeing on your monitor when playing Black Shark. Also, the sounds are all in-game.

And i do agree with you on the fact that the views i use in the video are simply horrible and boring. But like i mentioned, i smacked the video together in a couple of hours, simply because of daily life issues. I wasn't even in the mood, or inspired, enough to even bother thinking of what i wanted to show, so i just played a little, and used the tracks i had. (some 3-4 tracks were used...)

Thats basically the story behind the movie... Now you know ;)

But trust me, next Black Shark video (whenever it will be released) will be tons better. I promise. :)

man...those camera angles were amazing and you call those crappy??? :p

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

IK,

As mentioned, the secondary ADI has indeed not been implemented yet. But I wouldn't worry about that... The primary ADI is functional, you just missed it. You can clearly see it working in roll around 1:00 into the video, with the NVGs. Remember, this is a Russian-type ADI, where the aircraft datum rolls relative the horizon, not the other way around.

Good catch though.

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules