Electronic War Jamming Script V2.0

On 1/24/2023 at 1:54 AM, Hallsy said:

I took a look through the script and couldn't find the death association. Let me know if you have any luck. The defensive jamming is awesome and very effective.

lookup at (jammer) table, then do table.remove(jammer, unit) upon unit destruction. i hope you can list that table and code removal, either coded in script or by trigger in ME. 

there's a trigger action at line 69, uncomment that and look at dcs.log for list of active jamming planes. again --> mist.utils.tableShow(jammerplanes) --> that should be like mist.utils.tableShow(jammer) as it looks like dev has changed variable definition. try that.

On 1/24/2023 at 1:54 AM, Hallsy said:

The defensive jamming is awesome and very effective

its actually a giant SAM shield that I'm no fan of. That makes your survival skills downgraded. there are always some more exciting and rewarding ways to dodge radar SAMs. At last, the real threat are those silent ones.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/26/2023 at 6:07 PM, jackmckay said:

lookup at (jammer) table, then do table.remove(jammer, unit) upon unit destruction. i hope you can list that table and code removal, either coded in script or by trigger in ME. 

there's a trigger action at line 69, uncomment that and look at dcs.log for list of active jamming planes. again --> mist.utils.tableShow(jammerplanes) --> that should be like mist.utils.tableShow(jammer) as it looks like dev has changed variable definition. try that.

So for those who are still new at this LUA thing remove the dashes and look at the log or do we need to change the line to what you have shown? {mist.utils.tableShow(jammer)}??

On 3/6/2023 at 2:34 PM, RayBurge said:

So for those who are still new at this LUA thing remove the dashes and look at the log or do we need to change the line to what you have shown? {mist.utils.tableShow(jammer)}??

im not that old in lua too, but yes, uncomment that line and check dcs log for extra message lines. for short code test you need debug console like dcs bios, witchcraft or dcs eclipse debugger or something, just to check if the table has client module inside to work properly. then upon death of unit those table should be purged of unnecessary clients. it takes some skill but its not that hard to code it.

if you uncomment that line in script, on around line 69 that has tableShow, dcs.log will show jamming units in log lines so you can check who is using script.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

The script is working with you fellow pilots after latest beta update? just to check if i´m doing something wrong (although it´s the same mission i edited before the update) or if it is in reality an issue.

Thank you in advance,

F.

Edited by fagulha
Typo

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

• 4 weeks later...
15 hours ago, RayBurge said:

At fagulha, have you had a better time for this im wondering if it was working fully now?

I did not tried since last time i posted here. Going to test in my free time in 2 days. But the mod isn´t updated since 2017, so, i doubt it´s working.

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

• 1 month later...

Hello guys, also frustrated that I can't really play a real electronic war. I turned towards the triggers, to simulate penetration into enemy territory.
here is the formula to enter into ME.
With this formula, you create a random countdown of 5 to 25 minutes, which makes you invisible to SAM threats, and which stops invisibility randomly.

Here is the formula :

Random Countdown

Once > Time Less than 5 > Set Flag 1 Random Value from 50 to 100
Switched Condition >Time Since Flag 1 is 30 seconds > Flag 1 Decrease 1
Once > Flag 1 Equals 1 > Activate Group or FLAG or Action PRIORITY.

En sorry for my English.

Jab_Electronic-War-JammingV3.miz

Edited by The_Jab
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi Matador,

This is an amazing script! Has anyone managed to get it to work after death? Whenever a client dies or reslots, the script fails until the server resets. I have been looking through the lua, but my untrained eyes can't find the culprit.

Thank!

• 3 weeks later...