F-16 Viper

uscstaylor

Of Course......:doh:... :smilewink:

This is good for 1.5.4. I didn't test it in 1.5.5, but was told it works with no problems....Look for it late tonight in the DL section of DCS...Salute and thanks guys for your support!

I will also include Snoopy's Weapons Repaint Mod as well. I wouldn't fly without it...

Edited by uscstaylor

The problem is almost everyone wants the Viper in DCS but ED, 3rd parties probably can't get the license for F-16 for some reasons, but at this point I'm not actually surprised. Viper is still in use by almost entire world, so we can say it's still top secret project.

Yes and no. Is the F-16 still in production, yes. But it was also in production 25 years ago when the "other F-16 sim" was developed. While copyright laws and intellectual property laws have evolved I'm not sure I believe Lockheed is preventing ED and 3rd parties from producing a Viper for DCS. I also don't believe there is that much standing in the way. The A-10C basically shares the same avionics capabilities as the early Block F-16s. I would think making the MFDs from the A-10 work in an F-16 module wouldnt be much of a challenge but I'm not a programmer so my opinion doesn't count...also remember we are simulating capabilities not duplicating capabilities. By that I mean we have several mods to simulate the secure voice functions of our radios the actual hardware is in fact classified while our simulation of the function is not.

So with that in mind what are the roadblocks to the vipers from coming to DCS?

1.) Ground Mapping radar. We know several aircraft on hold because of this and honestly an F16 without the air to mid game would be boring. That's the first thing I suspect.

2.) smart business practice. I'm more likely to spend 50.00 on modules a year apart than I am to sped 100.00 on two modules at once.

3.) someone needs to homebrew one then a new one will be announced. It's called Dabneys Law. :)

Sierra

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

• 2 weeks later...

Guys who have the VSN 1.5.5 F-16 version installed here's some skins for you to try. Please let me know if these work. It appears that the 1.5.5. version of the F-16 is using the ED games F-16 model. So these skins should work. Please someone report back to me and let me know. If they don't work please take a screen shot and post it here. Most of these skins are under the USA in country code. Thanks

VSN F-16 Skins:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/9avirnh2557gbhd/VSN_F16_Test.rar

P.S If anyone has a link or info on all of the country codes in game for the Description file can you please send it to me thanks guys!