Make reconnaissance possible

dali

Agreed! It would be nice to have an EA-6B Prowler or S-3 Viking for Navy missions. I think there are some of us who just love to fly at times. This might provide another avenue for Devs to look into. Especially with new DCS technology coming up with ground radar ect....

If you want to do some reconnaissance, you can fly the A-10c or the Su-25T in multiplayer.

Fly empty, fast and high. Detect and use the new map mark tool to inform the other players about interresting targets.

They isn't mucha high altitude combt in DCS nowadays. people are spending their time looking for Mig21 and Mirage flying low. They are multiple times i spent 10min above dogfights without even anyone notice me :D

+1

How about making map icons visible to all for 60 minutes or so after being discovered by a player. Kind of like an enhanced fog-of-war mode.

CPU: i7 980x @ 4.2GHz RAM: 24gb Corsair Vengeance

MB: Gigabyte Sniper X58 w/onboard Soundblaster X-Fi

HD: SanDisk 480gb SSD OS: Win7 Pro 64bit

VIDEO CARD: EVGA GTX 980ti FTW

MONITOR: LG 34" Ultrawide 2560x1080

MP SERVER: ibuypower i7-4810MQ w/Win7 Home 64bit

GEAR: Saitek X-52 Pro; Combat Rudder Pedals; Throttle Quadrants. Thrustmaster MFD's, TrackIR 5 w/Pro Clip, Turtle Beach X-12 Headset

Make the cameras/pods to work, make the "crosshair" spotting as virtual notepad. And then of course electronic recon where you can collect radar emission data about what radars are seen.

Then make all these technical data (photos, data) available _only_ after the pilot lands safely on the airfield and after 5-10 minutes (in multiplayer after 15-30 minutes) to simulate the film development and data purge.

Then every virtual pilot can get their hands on this data when they are at ground, and only at then. So they need to come to land and then they get copies of photos or list of radars. Of course any ally can write them out as radio communication.

And if the pilot crash after recon, rescue helicopters can recover the pilot and take back to base where the pilots "hands over" the lists of targets they saw (crosshair spotting) and then averaging areas (recalling from memory) by 50-80% accuracy depending the amount of targets. This way helicopter pilots has lots of effort to pick a downed pilot, and pilots has reason to try to survive and make jobs easier to S&R pilots.

And many would like to fly some of the recon flights with the pods, without pods and get out.

And then of course if using a radio, reporting a vague areas about the successfully identified targets that gets then added to virtual "strategic map" at the base in 10-30 second delay, so pilots who are in the sortie window to select seat, can see the vague reports and make decisions based that as well.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.