Mission 2

Vino

Any chance of getting the text fixed, if not the audio.

The IP calls out

"The shooting takes place 5 miles to the North from the following coordinates N 42 42 3 E 44 43 15."

i.e. N42° 42.3' E 44° 43.15' which is 55 miles NE of his current position and doesn't say they are his own coordinates. First time, I flew miles off your intended route, looking for the village that needed a "show of force". I saw the village on my second play because I'd read that I should see explosions, at the same time as the radio messages. Only then did it become obvious that the coordinates were supposed to be his own and he wasn't relaying a FAC message.

Note: It looks very much like a spacing/typo error :-

N 42 42 3 E 44 43 15 becomes -> N 42 04 23 E 43 44 15 = N42° 04.23' E 43° 44.15' which is on the flight path.

IIRC the coordinates are repeated at least twice.

Hahaha, this is brilliant. Updating the mission now, sorry it took so long!

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

• 4 months later...

Hi,

Just did the mission 2 with last update for 2.5

Got the same problem with IP coordinate ! too bad I was on top creating an IP and a BAD on these :D

Seems to be a mix up between versions so I could not get the trigger and only got 60 points on the mission (so it advanced :( )

Can I mess with the logbook to try this mission again ?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My notebook in front of keyboard says : N4242.3 E43443.15 and 5NM to 0°

Thought it should be N4204.23 E04344.15 no ?

Ok so I was not supposed to make the offset, interesting :D

Same here, just did the mission a couple of times and have several problems.

(BTW, all missions seem updated to the google repository versions in 2.5.0 update 2).

1. No tracers whatsoever. I went even to external views seeing the troops. Nobody shoots. Just saw an explosion and went to the airplane. That was the only clue viewable from the cockpit.

2. Coordinates in the text are wrong, they say: "N42 4.23 E43 44.315". The first one is missing a zero (not big deal) and the second one has that "3" that should not be there. I didn't really listen the audio.

3. It is also weird when everybody tallies the MiGs in a pitch dark night...

4. Following Colt, sometimes they fly slower than 170-180 KIAS, which is awfully slow for cruise in this aircraft.

The first try I thought I had to follow Colt down for the show of force. So waited and waited. They said the helos arrived. Finally introduced the coordinates and made a BAD delta North 5.0 (is that 5 NM? 5km?) Well, whatever, did the low pass and nothing. Anyway the coordinates were a bit off with that "3", so perhaps that was the problem.

The second try I saw the explosion, but as I already said, no tracers. Did a visual pass on the area, and the trigger worked.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey thanks. This mission was build during early beta and on different build of DCs where nights were much brighter and there was no deferred shading ;) hence the MiG. As for tracers I will check - they worked in alpha version of 2.5 but something might have changed, I will fix this. Also the coords, thanks for reporting!

BTW, the coordinates should be as posted here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3201925&postcount=22. Perhaps in the end I didn’t update the audio or the text, worth checking. But the most crucial thing are the tracers. I will upload new bersion probably tomorrow evening and submit it to Razbam.

As for Colt I tried everything.. unfortunately it is the AI being itself, spent hours trying to make him fly faster :(

Edited by baltic_dragon

While were at mission 2. After the last update, it seems that the flight starts earlier, ( before it was at dawn), and most important, the flashlight seems to be so dim, I can hardly find the battery switch, let alone the side switches (taxi light, Hyd pump, pitot heat). Its pretty dark. Anyone else facing this?

While were at mission 2. After the last update, it seems that the flight starts earlier, ( before it was at dawn), and most important, the flashlight seems to be so dim, I can hardly find the battery switch, let alone the side switches (taxi light, Hyd pump, pitot heat). Its pretty dark. Anyone else facing this?
Yes, deferred shading is awesome at dusk and dawn, but it breaks illumination at night. It happens with all aircraft and even with scenery lights and city lighting. Actually the Mirage is one of the least affected planes that I have. You can always deactivate deferred shading and go back to 2.0 lighting.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi all,

I just tried the campaign in with the new DCS 2.5OB, and I can't spot the tracers. Even when I know exactly where to look; I had to cheat and open the mission file in the editor just to verify the indications given in the mission were correct (which they were) and I was looking in the right direction.

I think I'm doing everything ok; and in fact, when I dive and drop the flares the mission tiggers the condition and everything continues as expected. But I can't, for the life of me, see the tracers.

I tried three times because I thought it was my fault; I did the mission in 1.5 and had no problems spotting them. But now I just can't. I even went to external view to triple check.

Everything else in the mission is ok (or superb, I should say; I just love Baltic Dragon's campagin :); but this tracer/explosion spotting is driving me crazy. I know it's a minor issue, but it really got into my nerves.

I have everything maxed out, deferred rendering. Could it be something related with the new lighting system? TBH, the night lighting is still off. Overall, 2.5 is awesome, but at night ... cities look dead, the lights are barely visible from 1 mile away (even runway/taxiway lights).

Anyway...has anybody experienced this? I seems is should work as I read in some posts, but I still can't spot those damn tracers. And as Baltic Dragon said, that's what the cue you are supposed to relay on...

You know what? That kinda makes sense. I screwed up taxiing out (shame on me), and I quit and reloaded. Maybe that’s why I dind’t see the tracers.

And in the previous attenpts I remember I had to reload too for whatever reason. Hope you can find the bug and fix it.

I think I have the tracers nailed down, working now on each load of a mission. By the way it is weird. The only way to make it work was to:

A) Spawn units from both sides. They just stand there and look at each other without shooting.

B) Spawn some Red Force APCS. They do nothing.

C) Tell the APCs to move towards the Georgians. They start shooting after they move.

D) Once the APCs start shooting, all the others suddenly wake up and also fire, creating a nice set of tracers.

I am suspecting some kind of a bug in the background, but at least it seems to be working fine now. I will upload the new version of the mission in the evening, got around the problem with the wrong coordinates as well. I will also see if there is something that can be done with Colt's speed. Thanks for all your feedback guys!

I'm playing this campaign again.

Mission 2 didn't work for me in 1.5 but in 2.5 it's splendid! Tracers everywhere, such an intense firefight, and easy to identify. Went in for the pass, kept it just below supersonic (don't want old angry Georgian ladies showing up at base complaining about broken windows) and hit the PANIC release button for a nice show... then I, the moron, relised I had forgotten to move the countermeasure dispenser power next to the program dial from off to semi-automatic! Regardless, a Mirage knife-edge pass was enough to settle things down, and I had a great time :)