T1-TV fix trigger not working correctly

howie87

You can't map the T0 mode with a two position trigger. The T1 state should only be active when the trigger is depressed and then go back to the T0 state when it's released.

In other words it should act as a momentary switch, like PAC1 does in the A-10C.

As a temporary fix, you can add the following line to your "DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\AJS37\Input\joystick\default.lua":

{down = 3006, up = 3005, cockpit_device_id = devices.NAVIGATIONPANEL, value_down = 1.0, value_up = 1.0, name = "T1 Fix (Hold)", category = "Radar"},

and then map the new command "T1 Fix (Hold)". I've used this for the first detent of my Warthog Trigger and it works fine there.

• Like 2

It really misses a "T1 Fix (Three Position Switch)" entry in the configs. I guess it will come with one of the next updates. For now I mapped T1 (the normal one, not the three position switch one) to the first detent, TV to the second detent and T0 to another button that I can press if I initiated a fix with T1, but then want to abort the process.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Thanks for this Phobon, where do I enter it in the file? Do I have to delete any existing lines etc?

I've tried a couple of options that both left me unable to edit the mappings in game?

Cheers

James

Sorry, I'm not at home right now so I can't show you my working file. But your version should contain a large list of similar looking lines. Just drop it somewhere in there :)

If you did that and still have problems, your editor might have messed something up while you were editing it. In that case, I recommend repairing DCS to get the original file back and then try again with Notepad or even better Notepad++

I will post my complete file in a few hours when I'm back at my computer.

default.lua

Edited by Phobon
Attached working default.lua
  • Like 1

As a temporary fix, you can add the following line to your "DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\AJS37\Input\joystick\default.lua":

{down = 3006, up = 3005, cockpit_device_id = devices.NAVIGATIONPANEL, value_down = 1.0, value_up = 1.0, name = "T1 Fix (Hold)", category = "Radar"},

and then map the new command "T1 Fix (Hold)". I've used this for the first detent of my Warthog Trigger and it works fine there.

This worked great, thank you for sharing it. :thumbup:

Cobra, any chance you can implement this with phobon's permission of course (or something similar) as standard code for us Warthog users please?

Edited by bart

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.