Windows 10 does not like my X52

BrzI

This is not related to any DCS products but I am frustrated by the fact that my Saitek Rudder pedals and X52 controllers do not work correctly in Windows 10. In the main Windows 10 control panel > Devices and printers all button presses are recognised OK. But in FSX and in DCSW some button presses are simply not recognised or they stop working after a while.

I have so far disabled USB selective suspend in my power options but no luck.

I have reinstalled the Saitek Drivers but no luck.

Thanks for any tips/suggestions

usbdeview tool !

Check your devices, maybe you have some crippled entries !?

The tool is pretty self explaining btw

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/usb_devices_view.html

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

• 2 weeks later...

I am using an X52Pro on win 10 without issue. I had to grab the latest Saitek drivers. You may want to check out Device manager and be sure the device is actually using the latest. Saitek used to have an issue with driver signing so you had to do an advanced reboot to disable signing checking for new drivers to install it right. Anyway, device manager will show you what driver it's really using.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Download 6.0.4.1 drivers

Download SST 6.6.6.9

Go OFFLINE - important!

Reinstall Saitek drvires as described here https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=84295&highlight=remove+saitek+drivers (post #2)

Edited by Falcon_S

Немој ништа силом, узми већи чекић!

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

Youtube Follow Me on TWITCH! 

You said: ''Windows 10 does not like my X52''

Those are not the current drivers. Is there a benefit to using those ?

Benefit is: ''Windows 10 likes my X52''

:pilotfly:

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

I am using an X52Pro on win 10 without issue. I had to grab the latest Saitek drivers.

+1 Same here. And I would always recommend latest drivers over older ones.

Windows 10 Home, Intel Core i7-9700K @ 4.6GHz, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (8GB VRAM) on 34" LG curved monitor @ 3440x1440, 32GB RAM, TrackIR 3 (with Vector Expansion), Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Pedals, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs.

+1 Same here. And I would always recommend latest drivers over older ones.

Simple wrong.

Use latest drivers without saitek software is one thing but use latest drivers and latest software version is other thing - and that not work for many users. Many ppl make profile (maping buttons) in dcs and that`s ok if you don`t need advanced commands. But if you need advanced commands you must have Saitek Programming Software. There are problems between Windows and Saitek - some things simple are very problematic and unpredictable. Latest driver and software can today work perfect and in next use you will think ''My Saitek is broken". Because of that all users with old Driver and SST are much happier. This is about X52 (not PRO).

Edited by Falcon_S

Simple wrong.

Use latest drivers without saitek software is one thing but use latest drivers and latest software version is other thing - and that not work for many users. Many ppl make profile (maping buttons) in dcs and that`s ok if you don`t need advanced commands. But if you need advanced commands you must have Saitek Programming Software. There are problems between Windows and Saitek - some things simple are very problematic and unpredictable. Latest driver and software can today work perfect and in next use you will think ''My Saitek is broken". Because of that all users with old Driver and SST are much happier. This is about X52 (not PRO).

Okay, my bad. I have an X52 Pro and it works fine with the SST programming software; didn't realise you meant X52. :doh:

Windows 10 Home, Intel Core i7-9700K @ 4.6GHz, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (8GB VRAM) on 34" LG curved monitor @ 3440x1440, 32GB RAM, TrackIR 3 (with Vector Expansion), Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Pedals, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs.

Clicking on the links given in response #5 does not give you a link to driver 6.0.4.1 or SST 6.6.6.9.

It connects you an ftp site that gives the latest drivers and SST software.

Where can we get the drivers mentioned in response #5, the 6.0.4.1 and 6.6.6.9?

Same here.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Drivers mentioned in response #5, 6.0.4.1 and 6.6.6.9, are we all talking about these drivers for X-52 Pro or X-52?

Can we save our profiles and reuse them in this other software?

I'm using USB 3.0 is this OK or should I make room which I don't have for a USB 2.0?

Edited by fitness88

X-52

Can we save our profiles and reuse them in this other software?

I think yes.

Edited by Falcon_S

Did you do an upgrade to Win 10, or a clean install?

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Use generic Windows usb driver 10.0.14393.0.

Madcatz.

Software 7.0.53.6

Driver 6.0.4.1.

Everything works OK.

Edited by Holbeach

I7 2600K @ 3.8, CoolerMaster 212X, EVGA GTX 1070 8gb. RAM 16gb Corsair, 1kw PSU. 2 x WD SSD. 1 x Samsung M2 NVMe. 3 x HDD. Saitek X-52. Saitek Pro Flight pedals. CH Flight Sim yoke. TrackIR 5. Win 10 Pro. IIyama 1080p. MSAA x 2, SSAA x 1.5. Settings High. Harrier/Spitfire/Beaufighter/The Channel, fanboy..

Download 6.0.4.1 drivers

Download SST 6.6.6.9

Go OFFLINE - important!

Reinstall Saitek drvires as described here https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=84295&highlight=remove+saitek+drivers (post #2)

Yes it's confirmed by Saitek/Logitech and the internet, that the Saitek X-52 and Pro are not to be plugged into a usb 3.0. Performance backs up this claim.

For my X-52 Pro:

I've been using driver version 6.2.2.4, driver date 4/04/08 for my X-52 Pro on both Windows 7/64 and now Windows 10 with success. The Profile Editor software for mapping to the keyboard is current to the last release 7.0.53.6.

I'm able to:

1. turn on/off and adjust illumination brightness of the MFD and all the button illuminations by using roller control #39 on the MFD
  2. switch profiles on the fly using my throttle clutch button #31 or systray icon
  3. the current driver 7.5.53.6 did not allow for the above 2 options [systray icon excepted] and I've tried using many different drivers over the years and so far this old one is the only one that allows for 1 & 2 above

Can you tell me how your driver performs, what it allows for?

If anyone is interested to use it I can upload it.

Edited by fitness88

Can you tell me how your driver performs, what it allows for?...

After many problems in the past with the Saitek or Madcatz driver/software combinations all things that are not work as expected now works perfectly with 6.0.4.1 and 6.6.6.9.

Also, I once had a combination of versions (driver/software... i don`t remember ver. numbers) and in the beginning i thought it was everything ok. But after a while I started having problems...

As for my X52 i can tell only that drv. 6.0.4.1 and SST6.6.6.9 give me full Saitek abilities.

After many problems in the past with the Saitek or Madcatz driver/software combinations all things that are not work as expected now works perfectly with 6.0.4.1 and 6.6.6.9.

Also, I once had a combination of versions (driver/software... i don`t remember ver. numbers) and in the beginning i thought it was everything ok. But after a while I started having problems...

As for my X52 i can tell only that drv. 6.0.4.1 and SST6.6.6.9 give me full Saitek abilities.

What year are they from?

Do they:

1. turn on/off and adjust illumination brightness of the MFD and all the button illuminations by using roller control #39 on the MFD
  2. switch profiles on the fly using my throttle clutch button #31 or systray icon

I don`t know year... Not specified. (maybe is somewhere inside)

1. I don`t have btn #39 (only #32), illumination brightness of the MFD and all the button illuminations work by using slider in control panel

2. i can switch profiles on the fly using systray icon. I don`t use buttons for that and my clutch button is used as normal button (for ex. Flares are maped on it)

One more time - I use Saitek X52 (not PRO)

I don`t know year... Not specified. (maybe is somewhere inside)

1. I don`t have btn #39 (only #32), illumination brightness of the MFD and all the button illuminations work by using slider in control panel

2. i can switch profiles on the fly using systray icon. I don`t use buttons for that and my clutch button is used as normal button (for ex. Flares are maped on it)

One more time - I use Saitek X52 (not PRO)

Yes I know you mentioned that, I just didn't know how different it was physically and thought it may add some features that would work for you.