Burning Skies Stats aka the Caucasus Turkey Shoot ;)

Krupi

Otto that is the whole point... I do not understand why you keep on missing it.

You obviously fly reds and not blue or you would appreciate where we come from, the majority of us here will fly regardless of the odds, regardless of the "balance" issue no matter how frustrating it is however if you want to attract new players ED will need to bring some sort of "balance" hopefully the new P-51 will help in this regards while keeping historical accuracy.

Regarding the mk14 I know that there is some concern that it will only reverse the status quo, I suppose it depends on if we get the +18 or +21. I hope it brings some level of parity, time will tell.

Edited by Krupi

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Mk14 comes and gets 21lb boost, the server host may do the same as they will probably do with the Me262. Let very little planes into the game. For every 8 MkIXs there could be 1 MkXIV.

Edited by Solty

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]In 21st century there is only war and ponies.

My experience: Jane's attack squadron, IL2 for couple of years, War Thunder and DCS.

My channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyAXX9rAX_Sqdc0IKJuv6dA

We all know the good the bad and ugly of all the WWII planes here....My suggestion would be to use the good to your advantage, stay away from the bad and definitely stay away from the ugly. I for one would not like to have similar aircraft to fight against, i like the challenge of different AC to out maneuver or wait for the other guy to make a mistake for the kill. Most of my kills were from pilots making a mistake or being at the right place at the right time and all of my deaths were from 109's and 190's being more superior.....lol just kidding. My deaths were from me doing something stupid or being some where I shouldn't be at that time.

I have been guiltily of this too but, I see a lot of pilots flying straight to the fight only to get smack down so, try to be more patient and pick your battles better but, if your friend needs help for sure sacrifice your self. I also hear the chatter about a flying German Tank no matter how much lead I put in her nothing happens well, with a little practice with your aiming goes a long way..you can actually turn the 109 and 190's into a little fireball pretty easily...not that I can do it all the time but, it is getting easier with practice.

This is my observation of flying on BS server the last 2 months so, don't yell at me lol.

S!

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It would already help if people would just stop expecting equal balanced outcomes. It's just not in the scenario, Airquaking just favours what the LW planes are better at. A bit more salute and respect from each side for the other would go a long way instead of having these stat race competitions.

• Like 1

We all know the good the bad and ugly of all the WWII planes here....My suggestion would be to use the good to your advantage, stay away from the bad and definitely stay away from the ugly. I for one would not like to have similar aircraft to fight against, i like the challenge of different AC to out maneuver or wait for the other guy to make a mistake for the kill. Most of my kills were from pilots making a mistake or being at the right place at the right time and all of my deaths were from 109's and 190's being more superior.....lol just kidding. My deaths were from me doing something stupid or being some where I shouldn't be at that time.

I have been guiltily of this too but, I see a lot of pilots flying straight to the fight only to get smack down so, try to be more patient and pick your battles better but, if your friend needs help for sure sacrifice your self. I also hear the chatter about a flying German Tank no matter how much lead I put in her nothing happens well, with a little practice with your aiming goes a long way..you can actually turn the 109 and 190's into a little fireball pretty easily...not that I can do it all the time but, it is getting easier with practice.

This is my observation of flying on BS server the last 2 months so, don't yell at me lol.

S!

+1

This is from one of the best spit pilots. He had 112 air victories in the February "Turkey Shoot" and with only 2 months flying the plane. That put him 7th in air wins behind two other great spit pilots who scored 131 and 129 kills. He's probably shot down my UFO more times than I did his and I expect he will only get better.

:)

+1

This is from one of the best spit pilots. He had 112 air victories in the February "Turkey Shoot" and with only 2 months flying the plane. That put him 7th in air wins behind two other great spit pilots who scored 131 and 129 kills. He's probably shot down my UFO more times than I did his and I expect he will only get better.

:)

If Leatherneck create DCS zero vs corsair i'll probably see a thread : Why isn't there a turkey shoot ? :lol:

What i don't like about these threads that pop up, and i'm not talking about you, there's little logic behind them.

The 109 used to be slower because of a bug.SO you had what you're asking for (more speed compared to 109) and people still complained.In fact they used to complain more back then.

The 109 used to turn a lot worse.People still complained that's it's impossible to defeat.In fact they complained more then they do now.

@Everybody complaining

ED heard you a long time ago .You will get a new p51 probably boosted and you also get a spit14 at some point.We need to attract new players to our community , not waste everybody's time with pointless threads.

Even though I only flew a couple of times against the Bf-109 in the earilier patches I never encountered any problems with combating them. I can remember diving away from them with ease and being able to turn with them with flaps.

The problem we have now is the P-51 has no advantages against the bf-109 expect for high speed maneuvering.

Even though I only flew a couple of times against the Bf-109 in the earilier patches I never encountered any problems with combating them. I can remember diving away from them with ease and being able to turn with them with flaps.

The problem we have now is the P-51 has no advantages against the bf-109 expect for high speed maneuvering.

Attack disengage easy and run away is not a advantage? With introduction of Spit with good amount of Players have trouble to evade all attacking P-51 they easy fly ayaw to gain altitude again. When P-51 go even faster climb better there no point to use FW-190 anymore as example.

Edited by MAD-MM

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

The problem is not getting kills as such, I was doing alright in terms of getting kills. The issue with the spitfire is that it is hard to survive, you cannot escape, you can turn and evade but eventually your luck is going to run out.

That is not the case with the 109 and the 190, speed is life...

Look at the stats for kills/landing, this was one of my main points when I started the thread.

Edited by Krupi

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

1 on 1 the spitfire and 109 are well balanced, as soon as you throw in 2 v 2 + the speed advantage of the 109 really stacks the odds against the spitfire in my experience.

Project IX Cockpit

At the end of the day every 109 with MW50 will be faster than a Spit IX and be totally outclassed by a Spit XIV. Even if the margin is somewhat smaller in terms of top speed difference they will still be able to run. It may mean they have to be a bit smarter about when to run but they still can. Before the spit was here the P-51s ran all the time and the speed difference was nowhere near as big as between a Spit IX and a 109.

Also +1 Showtime

+1 What MAD said also.

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

1 on 1 the spitfire and 109 are well balanced, as soon as you throw in 2 v 2 + the speed advantage of the 109 really stacks the odds against the spitfire in my experience.

Most of my losses were in greater than 1 v 1 engagements. Multiple planes changes the dynamic for all involved.

The problem is not getting kills as such, I was doing alright in terms of getting kills. The issue with the spitfire is that it is hard to survive, you cannot escape you can turn and evade but eventually your luck is going to run out.

That is not the case with the 109 and the 190, speed is life...

Look at the stats for kills/landing, this was one of my main points when I started the thread.

I agree you with you, but what happen when the Spit have now they same Speed and Climb rate of the 109? Would be smoke up the remaning 109, 190 because you can not run turn and not climb away and 109 was build after this terms high wing load for great level Speed and low weight for good climb rate.

MK IX was for sure in the End Stages of WW2 more likely found in combat against a G6 then a K4 but this far from competiton. Thats is why G6 have so awesome Reputation because his climb rate and Speed was to slow for the new generation of WW2 Fighters.

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

No point to the 190?

In the right hands the aircraft is untouchable, the speed is fantastic it has its quirks but those who have the patience not to try and turn cannot be touched.

Project IX Cockpit

I agree you with you, but what happen when the Spit have now they same Speed and Climb rate of the 109? Would be smoke up the remaning 109, 190 because you can not run turn and not climb away and 109 was build after this terms high wing load for great level Speed and low weight for good climb rate.

MK IX was for sure in the End Stages of WW2 more likely found in combat against a G6 then a K4 but this far from competiton. Thats is why G6 have so awesome Reputation because his climb rate and Speed was to slow for the new generation of WW2 Fighters.

Who said anything about giving it the same speed or climb rate?

A late G6 or G14 would still be faster in speed and climb?

Project IX Cockpit

Most of my losses were in greater than 1 v 1 engagements. Multiple planes changes the dynamic for all involved.

Yes, changes the dynamic in favour of the 109.

The only reason I have been shot down in a 109 is because I became top target fixated and have been taken by surprise. Most of the time I can spot the attack and using the speed advantage just dive out of the danger.

Project IX Cockpit

Who said anything about giving it the same speed or climb rate?

A late G6 or G14 would still be faster in speed and climb?

MW 50 Powered 109 Version yes but they are still faster then your Spit MKX could run away again.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

I honestly think that you guys have absolutely no idea just how easy you have it flying a 109.

Zero engine management, you can pretty much go full throttle for an entire sortie.

Great speed and range, virtually impossible to break a wing thanks to stick forces. Agreed this can be frustrating.

Great armament once one appreciates the cannon drop.

Spitfire

To get the most out of the engine you have to work boost and rpm and if flat out make sure you don't go too slow for too long, which is not easy in a dogfight.

Great agility, however this can spell doom at high speeds.

Slowest aircraft available and terrible range.

Great armament.

Edited by Krupi

Project IX Cockpit

Yes, changes the dynamic in favour of the 109.

The only reason I have been shot down in a 109 is because I became top target fixated and have been taken by surprise. Most of the time I can spot the attack and using the speed advantage just dive out of the danger.

If it changes in my favor then why do I lose more in those types of engagements than 1 on 1?

If it changes in my favor then why do I lose more in those types of engagements than 1 on 1?

Flawed comparison really since a bigger than 1on1 dogfight introduces so many new factors it can't be compared really.

Let's just say: The planes with a great energy regain (aka good acceleration) generally profit from the group engagements since they can position quicker and more freely compared to those who have to maintain speed and work in large drawn turncircles.

So a furball plays towards the 109 and the spit both. Just 109 has some more advantages to its name (climb and top speed if it has to run again for a change). A spit that commits to a fight stays in that fight until it's over by the opponent running or the opponent dying. The spit cannot disengage.

Flawed comparison really since a bigger than 1on1 dogfight introduces so many new factors it can't be compared really.

Let's just say: The planes with a great energy regain (aka good acceleration) generally profit from the group engagements since they can position quicker and more freely compared to those who have to maintain speed and work in large drawn turncircles.

So a furball plays towards the 109 and the spit both. Just 109 has some more advantages to its name (climb and top speed if it has to run again for a change). A spit that commits to a fight stays in that fight until it's over by the opponent running or the opponent dying. The spit cannot disengage.

Exactly

Project IX Cockpit

How is me starting MY experience in multiple plane engagements vs 1 on 1 flawed? According to the other poster I should enjoy this great advantage and should theoretically perform better. I lose more in multiple plane engagements than 1 on 1. Are you disputing my personal experience?

DarkRaider, no one is disputing that a fight with more than 1v1 will be harder by its very nature it will be however in a large furball the 109 has more advantages to survive than any other aircraft.

Project IX Cockpit

I see these kind of pure theoretical discussions as pointless.

It's like someone saying Chuck Norris is so fast that he can run round the entire planet and kick himself in he's own ass.

And than another person comes and contradicts him with: That would never happen because Chuck Norris would see such an attack coming and would block it.

Third person: Being Chuck Norris is easier .

This is the kind of discussion i'm seeing.This way you can practically say anything .Like spitfire turns too tight and it's impossible to pull enough lead to shoot.Man it's invincible .Which is what i said when i was a rookie.

Or 109 can always disengage which is again nonsense.You'll always make a mistake and you will not be able to disengage or turn.And the guy who makes less mistakes wins.

DarkRaider, no one is disputing that a fight with more than 1v1 will be harder by its very nature it will be however in a large furball the 109 has more advantages to survive than any other aircraft.

I guess I personally have more advantages 1 on 1 then and as you stated the two planes are well balanced for that. Ultimately this isn't War Thunder and the planes will never be balanced. There will always be a slower plane. It's also not like the spit can't disengage from a fight, I see it all the time and it's more likely in multiple plane engagements as the other pilots can have their attention focused elsewhere. In 1 on 1 far from friends your chance of successful disengagement is unlikely if the 109 itself doesn't run.