Toggle VR Zoom

Mud

• 1 month later...

Is there any way to speed up the rate in which you zoom in VR? It takes over 2-3 seconds to fully zoom...I don't want to hear any responses about snap views... this is in VR! This is about instant VR ZOOM not a slow zoom in and out in VR ZOOM.

Is there any way to speed up the rate in which you zoom in VR? It takes over 2-3 seconds to fully zoom...I don't want to hear any responses about snap views... this is in VR! This is about instant VR ZOOM not a slow zoom in and out in VR ZOOM.

Nope

Twitch2DCS - Bring twitch chat into DCS.

SplashOneGaming.com - Splash One is a community built on combat flight simulation. S1G Discord

twitch / youtube / facebook / twitter / discord

Upgrade your computer and or graphics card or lower your settings.

Full zoom in & out is .75 sec in 1.5xxx for me with most settings on high and PD of 2.

It can be reduced to .5 with silly low settings.

Snapview's can change the camera position in cockpit. You can be instantly moved in / out / left / right / up / down whatever but the outside cockpit view, the 'distance' you see remains the same.

SNapviews can be be good in VR when looking for fine detail on TV screens such as found in A10, Ka50 Garmin 430 etc - it counters the inherent resolution.

They may be good for those who PC's have performance issues running VR / DCS and have to use low PD or low resolution cockpit textures.

SIGBLOCK.png

• 1 year later...

I would just like to be able to zoom in on the CDU to create waypoints and missions more easily. Is there a zoom feature for this in VR?

Asus ROG C6H | AMD Ryzen 3600 @ 4.2Ghz | Gigabyte Aorus Waterforce WB 1080ti | 32Gb Crucial DDR4/3600 | 2Tb Intel NVMe drive | Samsung Odyssey+ VR | Thrustmaster Warthog | Saitek pedals | Custom geothermal cooling loop with a homemade 40' copper heat exchanger 35' in the ground

Key bindings, upper left scroll menu, the very last in the list for individual aircraft, named UI for user interface, at the bottom there's a center and zoom VR bindings. All keys in the UI are universal, and you can bind an aircraft key to a DX button used by it, but it won't work, the UI over rides.

Is there a way to disable the VR Zoom transition efect (the one similar to when you start a quickstart mission) and only have quick glance zoomed/un-zoomed like CTRL+Numpad0 does?

Nope

Workaround here : https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=239888

Use it for for target spotting only, it remains best to use the build in DCS zoom for cockpit because I did not fix illumination and mouse cursor position is not zoomed.

P8700K @4.8 GHz, 3080ti, 32 GB RAM, HP reverb Pro.

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste