DVD version of DCS: Mig-21Bis

Guram

Hey Cobra and what about backer's promised DVD version of Mig-21, in January you said that it would be ready by the end of the February, but as of now there is not a sign of disc, and now this change of names or whatever it is. Will you guys keep the promise and finally release DVD version of Mig-21?

Thanks

Probably going to have to ask the guys in Leatherneck Cobra and Heatblur don't control the Mig-21 anymore. Dolphin 887 is the lead there I believe.

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Leonardo Da Vinci

"We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch - we are going back from whence we came."

John F. Kennedy

Probably going to have to ask the guys in Leatherneck Cobra and Heatblur don't control the Mig-21 anymore. Dolphin 887 is the lead there I believe.

Okay Thanks! that is kinda annoying, So where can I find this Dolphin ? is he still on this forum? if so he would already have seen this post and I expect to get response from him , hope they will not dump their promise to backers' using this strange maneuver of separation and renaming the companies :doh:

Okay Thanks! that is kinda annoying, So where can I find this Dolphin ? is he still on this forum? if so he would already have seen this post and I expect to get response from him , hope they will not dump their promise to backers' using this strange maneuver of separation and renaming the companies :doh:

Look in the Magnitude 3 LLC section for Dolphin and the rest of the LN team.

With regards to the bolded bit, you're a bit late to even think that. Dunno if you're aware, but the person you gave your money to via the KS ran off with the cash. LN were formed from the contractors who decided to salvage the project, they never saw any of the KS money.

Dolphin has said he still wants to look after the backers though, but it may now be in other ways.

With regards to the bolded bit, you're a bit late to even think that. Dunno if you're aware, but the person you gave your money to via the KS ran off with the cash. LN were formed from the contractors who decided to salvage the project, they never saw any of the KS money.

Since Cobra made his assurances long after those events, they are no longer relevant.

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Hey guys,

"backers issue" have been a great burden on our shoulder, since the beginning, in many ways.

But in short, we at M3 have serious intent to honor the original MiG backers. Stuff that other people promised to you - not being anyone of us - we can't deliver (we don't posses what's promised). We will provide other mean of reward; personally, I would like to go with a key for our next aircraft, the most elegant solution. Rudel and Roland might have some other ideas, so we will talk, make decision and let you guys know.

As I have mentioned, I simply can't forget the backers.

Power through superb knowledge, training and teamwork.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey guys,

"backers issue" have been a great burden on our shoulder, since the beginning, in many ways.

But in short, we at M3 have serious intent to honor the original MiG backers. Stuff that other people promised to you - not being anyone of us - we can't deliver (we don't posses what's promised). We will provide other mean of reward; personally, I would like to go with a key for our next aircraft, the most elegant solution. Rudel and Roland might have some other ideas, so we will talk, make decision and let you guys know.

As I have mentioned, I simply can't forget the backers.

So this means that I will NOT get my DVD version of Mig-21? Is that correct or wrong? I do not care about any other aircraft, My primary interest is Mig-21 and I just need this DVD for my collection, so sad to read that you guys will not provide this item. And Cobra was telling me all this time that DVD version of Mig-21 would be out for sure, last was it should be out in February, and now suddenly it is not, it is not fair !:doh:

• 3 weeks later...
So this means that I will NOT get my DVD version of Mig-21? Is that correct or wrong? I do not care about any other aircraft, My primary interest is Mig-21 and I just need this DVD for my collection, so sad to read that you guys will not provide this item. And Cobra was telling me all this time that DVD version of Mig-21 would be out for sure, last was it should be out in February, and now suddenly it is not, it is not fair !:doh:

You do realise a key is a far better deal, right? Any DVD version of a module will need to be patched immediately anyway, so why bother? I sold software in my previous job, and we didn't have a disk version of anything, everything is a digital download now.

| Windows 10 | I7 4790K @ 4.4ghz | Asus PG348Q | Asus Strix 1080TI | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 2400 DDR3 | Asrock Fatal1ty Z97 | Samsung EVO 850 500GB (x2) | SanDisk 240GB Extreme Pro | Coolermaster Vanguard S 650Watt 80+ | Fractal Design R4 | VirPil T-50 | MFG Crosswind Graphite | KW-908 JetSeat Sim Edition | TrackIR 5 |

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes, I agree a key is a far better deal!

Could you please tell me why is that, the download version and key is a far better deal?

For your money, you will just get key, and then you have to download module, that is it you do not get anything else.

IMHO, DVD is best for me because I have fight sim collection and Mig-21 would be a great addition, for the same money you will get the same Key + DVD disk, box with artwork, manual I think this is better than to get only a key, don't you think?

Please, see my boxed version of sims and don't tell me they don't look cool:) and you can use key from those boxes just like if you would get it online

13182984_1070370423019779_625466876_n.jpg.282a5dc03cfe73e1b4a9fab53e056812.jpg

Edited by Guram

Another cool thing is that those keys are not attached to your account permanently, so you can sell or give it away as a gift in case you do not want one of the modules anymore, it gives you a freedom, which is not true for downloaded versions and steam version product keys that are permanently associated with your account. I am not gonna do it but just saying :D If you paid for the product, it is yours now and you should be able to do whatever you want, and those limitations of digital products are to some extent irritating.

so you can sell

Actually, you cannot.

From the EULA, which applies whether you get it in a box or download it.

1. LIMITED USE LICENCE

In consideration of you agreeing to abide by the terms of this Licence, TFC hereby grants to you a non-transferable, limited right and licence to install the Program and the Documentation solely and exclusively for your personal use on the terms of this Licence.

3.1 Except as expressly set out in this Licence or in clauses 4.1 and 4.2 below, or as permitted by any local law, you undertake to use the Program for your own personal use, and you shall not:

(a) sell, trade, rent, lease,

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Well when I installed my Flaming Cliff 3 I just typed-in key and that is it, I do not have it attached to my account, so technically it is not limited

If you installed it, recently, then it is bound to your account. The module manager won't let you install a module that your account does not have a key for.

As for giving it away. Read the first part that I quoted. It says 'non-transferable'.

Just buy yourself a fresh clean DVD and copy the module files on it ;)

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Asus TUF OC RTX 4090 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb G2 | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds

Just buy yourself a fresh clean DVD and copy the module files on it ;)

With my Epson printer, I can even print a pretty label for the DVD. ;)

The absolute most I would expect is for M3 to release artwork for the DVD label and DVD case, so that a person could create their own. Still time consuming for them but much cheaper than having the physical product produced.

If you installed it, recently, then it is bound to your account. The module manager won't let you install a module that your account does not have a key for.

As for giving it away. Read the first part that I quoted. It says 'non-transferable'.

Well, have you ever tried to install DVD version of DCS? It does not ask you to log in anywhere, after you will install DCS it will just show you StarForce icon to type in key, and that's it.

Well, have you ever tried to install DVD version of DCS? It does not ask you to log in anywhere, after you will install DCS it will just show you StarForce icon to type in key, and that's it.

I haven't purchased a DVD version of a DCS product since DCS World came out.

Regardless how it works, the EULA is still in force and it's wording is hardly ambiguous. Besides, the point is probably moot since I doubt that M3 is financially prepared to have the DVD produced professionally.

The only modules that have ever made it to disk were produced by ED and Belsimtek. Finances and viability were probably a large part of the reason that none of the 3rd parties (Belsimtek is a Partner, not a 3rd party) have done so. Also, even ED and Belsimtek have ceased to produce DVD versions for modules newer than the Huey.

Edited by cichlidfan