DCS-SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer Slot Blocking Script

5 hours ago, commiccannon said:

Thank you, this is perfect then, any way of setting it up en mass or do i need to have triggers for all ~60 slots and ~600 aircraft

It depends on how you code it. But you only have to do it for the client aircraft. 

My suggestion is instead of coding each aircraft individually - have a standard prefix to start with that allows you to quickly find or get a group/filter of the clients. Then iterate through that group to set the flag. 

That way, instead of having to do it for every single client, you're only specifying it for each individual airfield. It's a bit more depth in coding - but less code in the end than manually having lines for 600 separate client aircraft/slots, and makes it much easier to add new clients when you need without having to change more code again. (Just add using the existing prefixes to add more aircraft).

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, commiccannon said:

Hey, just did some testing and when i trigger a slot blocking it kicks whoever is in that slot, is this a config option or am i missing something? Attached is the test mission, Always blocked is well always blocked, works as expected, the sometimes blocked should be blocked when the someone is in the never blocked aircrafts spawn location

Test3.miz 12.69 kB · 0 downloads

OK - I'm not sure what's going on there. I could have sworn that players weren't kicked out of their aircraft when slots were changed, but maybe I've gotten that wrong. 

Just very quickly without testing - do you have the line

ssb.kickPlayers = true -- Change to false if you want to disable to kick players.

set to true or false? I'm not convinced this is the culprit, but I'm not in a position to test your mission at the moment, and don't know what you have configured on the server side scripting anyway. Try changing it to false and see what happens if you have it set to true.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Flasher said:

Is this script still working ?

Yes. Perhaps it helps if you told us what you tried, what you expected to see, what you got instead, and why you think that that is incorrect.

first thing to check is of course that you installed ssb into the correct Hooks folder and that your mission is running as multiplayer server.

2 hours ago, Flasher said:

OK is it normal it only works in dedicated server ?

That’s what @Ciribob meant when he stated in the OP that SSB only needs to be installed by the server host. Implicitly he meant to convey that yes, the mission must be run as multiplayer. You can run any mission locally as MP, and often that gives a slight performance boost, so it’s worth a try, even if you solo. No need for dedicated server.

Edited by cfrag

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I can't seem to get this script to work. I put the SimpleSlotBlockGameGUI.lua into all the directories I could find in the documentation:

• C:\Users\MyUsername\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts
  • C:\Users\MyUsername\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\hooks
  • C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Scripts
  • C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Scripts\hooks

I tested the sample mission from the GitHub repository and it doesn't work. I launched a multiplayer server from inside the game. What am I doing wrong?

There are a couple of pitfallls, one is that you must restart DCS after installing ssb.

why don’t you post your mission, say what you expect to see and why, what you see instead, and we can try to reproduce the issue. 

Edited by cfrag