No Chaff or Flares since update

Xxx

Is this just me, or have the ASo-2 Chaff and Flares gone from the weapons load out?

I had them working before the update?

Regards

David

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]i7 Haswell @ 4.6Ghz, Z97p, GTX1080, 32GB DDR3, x3SSD, Win7/64, professional. 32" BenQ, TIR 5, Saitek x55 HOTAS.

Search User Files for "herky" for my uploaded missions. My flight sim videos on You Tube. https://www.youtube.com/user/David Herky

What version? I was messing around 2.0 last night online, flares and chaff worked for me. Was the system loaded on the plane? Was the Sprd drop cover open?

Its the latest patch for 1.5.6 = 1.5.6330.

I have double checked and no flares/chaff, even with the SPS141-100 Pod attached.

The flares/chaff are greyed out in weapons??

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]i7 Haswell @ 4.6Ghz, Z97p, GTX1080, 32GB DDR3, x3SSD, Win7/64, professional. 32" BenQ, TIR 5, Saitek x55 HOTAS.

Search User Files for "herky" for my uploaded missions. My flight sim videos on You Tube. https://www.youtube.com/user/David Herky

What version? I was messing around 2.0 last night online, flares and chaff worked for me. Was the system loaded on the plane? Was the Sprd drop cover open?

Just tried NTTR 2.0. Same result! Chaff/Flares are greyed out in weapons load out.

Yes drop cover was open.

I have the new patch for the Mig 21, in both versions, I think something broke the countermeasures?

Is this just me, or have the ASo-2 Chaff and Flares gone from the weapons load out?

I had them working before the update?

Regards

David

Bad displays the counter chaff and flares. Otherwise I had chaff and flares Random worked in the mission that I created in the Mission Editor. Otherwise, in the manual writes from ASO-2 is powered through a switch for SRPD.

SRPD switch on. :thumbup:

<White Tiger>

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

did you try a repair?

I did a repair with the Starforce protection key problem. Spent Sunday evening messing with the darn thing. Even posted a ticket to support. Eventually following posts on the forum got the Mig back to a running state.

Apart from the missing chaff and flares I think the updates are on. I did notice the roll rate has altered from before. Its now faster than BMS Falcon, I mean it's silly fast, more like an arcade game than a simulator??? Very annoying!

I am really dubious now about updating anything in future, if it ain't broke for me I won't fix it!

Looks like its only me who has lost the chaff and flares? Btw, the ECM pod still doesn't seem to work either. I just tested that against a SA8 and got toasted!

Regards

David

The sliders are grayed out in my version too. Maybe that is intentional to have no options as to the chaff/flare ratio but it should still dispense.

I just tried it and that's what it seems to do. No user option for C/F mix but it works well. I did notice that in the rearm dialog you can fiddle with the C/F mix sliders. I wonder if those change anything (didn't test).

The sliders are grayed out in my version too. Maybe that is intentional to have no options as to the chaff/flare ratio but it should still dispense.

I just tried it and that's what it seems to do. No user option for C/F mix but it works well. I did notice that in the rearm dialog you can fiddle with the C/F mix sliders. I wonder if those change anything (didn't test).

The strange thing is, before the patch I am pretty sure I could use the sliders to adjust the chaff flare mix. Now its just greyed out and inoperable.

If the dispensers are fitted in the weapons load out screen, that part of the menu should be active, shouldn't it?

Once in the aircraft, the two CB's for electrically arming the dispensers (also shared with the JATO rockets) are closed.

I will experiment some more tomorrow. But with neither the dispensers or the ECM pod able to work, the Mig 21 is as vulnerable as the L39. At least in my install for now.:cry:

Cheers.

Must be a weird bug like the last issue where only certain people experienced it. Working for me on 2.0 and open beta, but I don't have release version installed. When you look at the plane in F2 view, are the dispensers visible on the plane?

Yes, dispensers are visible in external view.

The beta patch was supposed to be the same as 1.5.6 release and 2.0, so I havnt a clue what happened.

Pity, my Mig's a sitting duck now!

Like you say, everyone can get different results from these patches.

Cheers

David

The strange thing is, before the patch I am pretty sure I could use the sliders to adjust the chaff flare mix. Now its just greyed out and inoperable.

If the dispensers are fitted in the weapons load out screen, that part of the menu should be active, shouldn't it?

Once in the aircraft, the two CB's for electrically arming the dispensers (also shared with the JATO rockets) are closed.

I will experiment some more tomorrow. But with neither the dispensers or the ECM pod able to work, the Mig 21 is as vulnerable as the L39. At least in my install for now.:cry:

Cheers.

I believe it's intentional that there is no customization possible for the dispensers. It comes with some preset count of chaff and flare and that's the only configuration. No choice, no option.

The C/Bs which handle the RATO units are not associated with countermeasures in any way.

Please make a brand new mission and test with that. I had no problem dispensing countermeasures (ASO-2, didn't try SPS-141) in the current version.

• 2 weeks later...

A friend told me that not putting the Gear handle to neutral will make CM not responding. Possibly a bug since I don't get why a hydraulic system can affect a electronic, but he said he tested it and works that way. Maybe try that.

Also try to hit the button a couple of times. Occurred to me sometimes a single press and hold action will not fire CM.

"These are not the bugs you are looking for..":pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My YouTube channel

SPECS

-AMD FX8370 8 Core Processor 4.2 ghz

-GIGABYTE 970A-UD3P

-GTX 1050 TI Windforce 4g

-16 GB RAM

-Saitek X 52

-FaceNOIRtrack - 3 point clip Red Led