[RESOLVED]Anybody Who Can Understand Logs?

Turbo boost set in the GPU runs at 4.7Ghz. I tried it once and went back to default which appears to be 4.3 right now. I just did another 15 min mission in the P-51. It was running 48-52C for CPU and about 60c for GPU. Granted it's not a high load mission. Just shoot down a plane and I then cruised around buzzing all the towns.

Do you think loading it hard yesterday in the tests did something to the CPU to run normally now? I changed nothing since Bitmaster set everything yesterday.

What cooler do you recommend that won't break my budget and I can install easily? I don't want to take out the MB to install it.

Edited by BuzzU

Buzz

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I think but not sure positively most Air Coolers require a backplate like the Noctua and you would most likely need to take the motherboard out..

If the CPU is a a lower clock and you ran a CPU test and it sayed within specs I think that will be fine..

I was only recommending another cooler if you wanted to keep the OC real high like 4.7 or so..

The cooler you have now should be fine but test to be sure.. you can keep what you have provided it keeps the CPU cool especially during gaming..

If you really want to test the stability try running RealBench Benchmark.. IT is software from Asus and anyone can use it..

IF you can pass that test at 4 hours without any errors I would say your system is stable.. Good to be sure especially when you first put it together or after purchasing it..

It is a more Real world test and if that fails especially when doing the last test there could be some stability problems..

If you score relatively good it could indicate your system is OK.. As for the stutters are you still getting them but from what you said makes me thing they are no longer present after you ran the P51 mission??

There are tons of settings and things that could need to be tweaked I think you went over a lot of them with your buddy and maybe they are fixed or just a placebo with that mission..

Maybe try a more demanding mission and see what happens.. Which setting did you change to run turbo at 4.7 on the CPU?? 4.3 is a good speed to be at..

I am currently running 4.5ghz and DCS Seems fine.. I had an issue with my SSD I made a tweak and DCS is running smooth for me again..

maybe all the tweaking you have done optimised the system but run some more tests in DCS to be sure.. I would definetely run the RealBench benchamrk and see what that shows. try it first for like a half an hour then work up to 4 hour test..

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

Well I think but not sure positively most Air Coolers require a backplate like the Noctua and you would most likely need to take the motherboard out..

If it is a decent mobo the backplate is built in. Noctua coolers do not come with one. You still need access to the back of the mobo to put the bolts in.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

It appears that it does but you should be able to see it if you take the right side of the case off.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Well I only have the Coolermaster one and it has a required backplate that is added to the one already on the the z270H Gaming mobo..

I just checked the Noctua does indeed have a backplate. you can NOT use the one on the motherboard.. the backplate that comes with most aftermarket air coolers come with one..

The motherboard backplate is for the CPU not the Heatsink. if you dont believe me watch the video for intel 1150,1151 CPU's:

http://noctua.at/en/support/installation-videos

Edited by The_Nephilim

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

Hmmm, I take that back, I think. There is an X shaped back piece, IIRC. I have installed enough of them that I don't really think about it when I am doing it.

Either way, most case designs will require the removal of the mobo to install a high end cooler.

Noctua mounting kit. The bit on the upper left goes on the back of the mobo.

noctua%20mounting%20kit_zps6ssd6fja.png

Edited by cichlidfan

I'll have to run a mission that taxes the cooler more. If it stays in the 48c-53c range like it is now. I'll just leave it as is.

The same old problem though. Even running cooler it still stutters. Something else is going on and it can't be cured by playing with the Nvidia and DCS settings.

Edited by BuzzU

Buzz

I'll have to run a mission that taxes the cooler more. If it stays in the 48c-53c range like it is now. I'll just leave it as is.

Yes I would look for a more demanding mission but I doubnt any mission you could find would push it over 80c.. ;)

Which would be a good thing.. Also have you adjusted the Power limit and Temp limit settings in MSI Afterburner??

I'll have to run a mission that taxes the cooler more.

Use the Fast Mission tool, or whatever it is called and max it out.

BitMaster thinks it might be my monitor. I could save up for a better and bigger one. What I have is about 7 years old.

Why just stutter in DCS if it's the monitor? Wouldn't I have a problem in all games?

Buzz

All good help going on here, but have you tried my last suggestions as described in Message #87 of stopping the Windows Search Service and logging the CPU cores work loads with Resource manger and doing the same DCS test.

I would still be interested in results.

I know this is getting into a too many experts senario, and I applaud your patience.

Regards, Ian.

Edited by MadDog-IC

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

Well either the sensor is defective or you are having a barbeque.. I just checked my mainboard it was 28c.. so yes something is really wrong there now I think the sensor is kaput as if it was that hot it would have to be smoking..

Edited by The_Nephilim

Guys, no offence !

This 4.5 IS STOCK INTEL SPEED !!!!!!!!!!

Its a 7700k !

Bios is 100% DEFAULT

AGAIN: NO OVERCLOCKING INVOLVED !

Go Intel and read the specs.

IF xmp was enabled, which isnt, ASUS would ask you in Bios if you want to expand TurboBoost to ALL core.

4.2 all cores

4.5 1core

4.4 2-3 cores ( iirc on this 4.4 step )

Default Intel

There is no STOCK cooler for a 7700k, tray or boxes, its a WOF WITHOUTFAN.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

IM sorry but the stock speed is 4.2 with turbo it is 4.5 no offence but take your own advice read the spec I just did..

Only trying to help no need to worry I am bowing out .. and you don't need to Shout!!

IM sorry but the stock speed is 4.2 with turbo it is 4.5 no offence but take your own advice read the spec I just did..

Only trying to help no need to worry I am bowing out .. and you don't need to Shout!!

No offense from my side either, and the 4.5 is the STOCK speed of this CPU in this specific use...as it TurboBoosts to 4.5GHz..just as it should by Intel.

There is no overclocking involved, no one ever went to Bios, no one turend the dials in Asus Suite yet.

ALl I want to is to point out, OC is not the cause for stutter.

Also this CPU is very strong, I have the same one, I can have 1 VMware open in the back and still play smooth, do a Backup for hours and game...anything almost apart from the heaviest I/O work.

There is no need to try to work on that end where it is most unlikely to be the root cause.

What is strange is as I pointed out, BuzzU's combo WILL NOT PASS any CPU stress test in this config, NONE ! The CPU will shut off due to exceeding 102°C, done it, saw it, NOT GOOD.

Still, in DCS temps stay low enough to make at least me think that is not the cause.

What must be done is check the cooler ( maybe get better one on that occasion as well ), take the cooler OFF, reapply TIM properly and put a good one back on.

The temps he reaches with "stock" settings are higher than mine at 5G with raised Voltages, LLC, PowerPhase etc... I am still lower on temps !!! ok..ok..I have a CWL but that is still to be considered.

Who else has a 7700k on air at stock settings ? How warm/hot do they get ?

My personal suspect is the ol' Dell screen @ 60Hz and Frametime/Hz issue as described earlier.

Would be easy to test if there was a good 2nd screen in BuzzU's reach so he could test, there just is NONE close to him, not even a shop :(

FYI:

Teamviewer and DCS:

I was amazed that I could watch him FLY dcs via teamviewer with an acceptable quality. OK, he got a 60meg pipe, that sure helped a lot...but I could see his stutter as well.

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

SSD?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

SSD?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, all brand new, Kingston V400 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD ( not in use yet, empty 1TB space )

Firmware checked, up-2-date

Why is mainboard so hot?

I was reading about my cooler and noticed it comes with TM applied already. I would think a company like ABS who builds gaming systems would know how to installed cooler correctly. Certainly better than I could do as i've never done it.

btw Bit.....i tried to install IL2 COD and it won't start. I had deleted it with hopes of DCS working and I want to get it working again now. Was anything shut off or setting changed to cause this? I've installed it a couple of times on this system with no problem. Now, I can't.

Buzz

If I go into the program that ABS put on the system. It has three settings I can switch to. Power saving, Normal, and Turbo. On normal it's 4.5. I tried Turbo and it was almost 4.7. Not sure what Power saving would be. I never tried it. I get to this program by hit F2 at startup. It doesn't go into bios. It goes into this program. It has a bunch of setting that can be changed. Fan speed etc.

I don't know if these are stock to Asus or not. They could be ABS settings. What bothers me is ths system was never load tested, or they would have found the heat problem.

I might get more excited if all games had a problem. They don't. This is a DCS terrain problem. I had to laugh last night. I was running iRacing last night and just for laughs I set the fps at no limit. With every graphic setting as high as it will go I was getting over 600fps and it ran cool.

Buzz

Why is mainboard so hot?

I was reading about my cooler and noticed it comes with TM applied already. I would think a company like ABS who builds gaming systems would know how to installed cooler correctly. Certainly better than I could do as i've never done it.

btw Bit.....i tried to install IL2 COD and it won't start. I had deleted it with hopes of DCS working and I want to get it working again now. Was anything shut off or setting changed to cause this? I've installed it a couple of times on this system with no problem. Now, I can't.

Actually yes and no.

I installed the proper Audio driver = System altered

I updated your Bios = System altered

I updated/reinstalled newest NV driver = System altered

Would I thinik that could cause it: imho NO

Anything else we did, did not change your setup, it just added apps that we used for testing.

Not mounting a coole rproperly DOES happen, it doesnt need much to F..it UP, a grain of sand and its done, a tiny piece of dust floating and settling on your die and its done, greasy fingers and touching "the" surfaces = done....etc. many ways to screw up mounting a cooler.

Actually, its pretty easy but things do happen, especially if you build them by the hundreds.

Had a 4k€ Dell Workstation Laptop that died in the Sahara due to heat issues...neve rhad that here in modest climate. Went to Abu Dhabi and BANG..one BSOD and shutdown after the other. Dell tech opened it and said " someone didnt mount the cooler properly", fixed it and it ran...just the owner never used it again, he was fed up with the brand new laptop and gave it to his daughter..one way to loose a customer ( Dell did, not me )

If I go into the program that ABS put on the system. It has three settings I can switch to. Power saving, Normal, and Turbo. On normal it's 4.5. I tried Turbo and it was almost 4.7. Not sure what Power saving would be. I never tried it. I get to this program by hit F2 at startup. It doesn't go into bios. It goes into this program. It has a bunch of setting that can be changed. Fan speed etc.

I don't know if these are stock to Asus or not. They could be ABS settings. What bothers me is ths system was never load tested, or they would have found the heat problem.

I might get more excited if all games had a problem. They don't. This is a DCS terrain problem. I had to laugh last night. I was running iRacing last night and just for laughs I set the fps at no limit. With every graphic setting as high as it will go I was getting over 600fps and it ran cool.

There is no F2 option that comes with the Asus motherboard that I know of.

Asus gives you many ways to OC but not with F2, not that I know of. Must be your vendors specific tool.

The monitor thing is game sensitive. may or may not show in a game, DCS sadly does.

I honestly think the screen is the reason, just my 2 cents.

• Like 1

I don't think the updates did it. Maybe something was clicked that prevents a download. IL2 BOS is installed in two stages. First you download and install the basic game. It's only 160mgs. Then when you click on the game icon it downloads the rest if the game which is 5g. Kind of like what DCS does too. So, I got the basic game installed, but it won't start up to do the big download. It tries. It starts to open and I have to say yes to opening it and then nothing. I tried opening as administrator but no help. Any ideas?

btw I upgrade to the new Nvidia drivers that came out yesterday. 381.89. No help.

Buzz