Newbe to 3d Modeling and like to found the right course

Hi ,

I real new to 3d modeling and like to start learn this great Hobby

i like to start modeling object to DCS .

can some one point me to the best course for this ?

https://www.udemy.com/courses/search/?q=3ds%20max&src=sac&kw=3d

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

IAF Bell205

IAF Anafa

-----------------------

DCS World Modules: A-10C, FC3, MiG-21BiS, F-86, P-51, KA-50, UH-1H Huey, Mi-8, M2000K, Gazal, Bf109, Mig-15, Hawk and NTTR

-----------------------

My System - ASUS Maximus HERO iiiv, CoolMaster 120 Sadion Plus, I7 -6700K @4.0, G.Skill ddr4 16GB ram, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 , PSU Seasonic X-650W, OCZ 150 500Gb ssd drive X2, Seagate 7200 1T X2.

-------------

3D Modelling has a step learning curve, I must say, so be patient, you'll need quite a lot of time before you get something properly done :)

I'd start with YouTube. There're plenty of tutorials available there for free, no matter the 3D program you're going to use (3DS Max and Blender being probably the more extended).

Regards

Agree with the previous poster. YouTube is a great source on how to get things done. If you're using 3DS for modelling (which I'd suggest to use if you want to create content for DCS at some point) look up 'Arrimus3d' on YouTube and view his videos on the basics of 3D modelling. His collection of 3d modelling tips tricks and demos have been invaluable to me. Start with video #1 and work your way up from there. These days he produces mostly advanced techniques which may become relevant as you progress. The man is a natural at explaining stuff and makes it seem so easy. Highly recommended!

"It's not the years, honey. It's the mileage..."

Agree with the previous poster. YouTube is a great source on how to get things done. If you're using 3DS for modelling (which I'd suggest to use if you want to create content for DCS at some point) look up 'Arrimus3d' on YouTube and view his videos on the basics of 3D modelling. His collection of 3d modelling tips tricks and demos have been invaluable to me. Start with video #1 and work your way up from there. These days he produces mostly advanced techniques which may become relevant as you progress. The man is a natural at explaining stuff and makes it seem so easy. Highly recommended!

Chaos is right on, this mans videos are a life saver, i been looking at he svideos from day one and i have come this far thanks to him and other youtube videos and this community.

Hi ,

thank u all

can any one point me to some videos ?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

IAF Bell205

IAF Anafa

-----------------------

DCS World Modules: A-10C, FC3, MiG-21BiS, F-86, P-51, KA-50, UH-1H Huey, Mi-8, M2000K, Gazal, Bf109, Mig-15, Hawk and NTTR

-----------------------

My System - ASUS Maximus HERO iiiv, CoolMaster 120 Sadion Plus, I7 -6700K @4.0, G.Skill ddr4 16GB ram, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 , PSU Seasonic X-650W, OCZ 150 500Gb ssd drive X2, Seagate 7200 1T X2.

-------------

yeah you tube is a good resource. I personally would recommend:

It also depends on what you want to achieve modelling, is this just for games, or jsut DCS? or for something else? this would depend on which softare route you go down:

http://www.simplymaya.com

http://www.pluralsight.com/

The Movie and Film Industry tend to use Maya a lot

for Games its normally 3dsmax

These are what i use when modelling something for DCS:

Maya for modelling

Unfold3D for UV editing

Substance Painter and Photoshop for texturing

3dsmax for setting up the scene and animation and of course the creation of the EDMs

Cheers Specter

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lead Terrain Developer / Texture Artist