Cornerspeed

Hans_Dampf

The Mirage makes speed control in the High G turn really easy:

1. Full afterburner

2. Pull until the velocity markers are level with your FPM.

Now you won't lose any speed. To slow down pull to place the velocity markers below the FPM, and to speed up relax to put the velocity markers above the FPM.

Simple

The Mirage makes speed control in the High G turn really easy:

1. Full afterburner

2. Pull until the velocity markers are level with your FPM.

Now you won't lose any speed. To slow down pull to place the velocity markers below the FPM, and to speed up relax to put the velocity markers above the FPM.

Simple

...And don't climb if in a dogfight.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, i5 6600K, Geforce 980 GTX Ti, 32 GB Ram, Samsung EVO SSD.

LABELED_EM_DIAGRAM_Mirage_2000_at_15k.jpg
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

Please note that this chart is an estimation from an outsider.

It does not originate from the manufacturer nor from a client air force.

So: good doc, to be taken with a pinch of salt ;)

Simple example: the internal fuel load is off by 200kg (2960 on the chart vs 3160 IRL).

If calculations/estimations were made with "wrong" data, the then results may be "off" too.

By how much? It's anyone's guess...

Edited by Azrayen

spacer.png

It does not originate from the manufacturer nor from a client air force.

The person who posted the original link got it from the natops manual, from what I understand.

And no sorry, he only linked the chart for 15,000ft.

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

AFAIK Cornerspeed differs depending on the loadout and weight of the airframe (including the fuel). However there is a really easy way of finding it. Ill just post this great video by Ironhand that any simmer worth his salt needs to watch at least once:

It's filmed in the "old" Flanker, however the theory can be applied to any aircraft.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

The person who posted the original link got it from the natops manual, from what I understand.

And no sorry, he only linked the chart for 15,000ft.

NATOPS manual are US Navy aircraft manuals.

The Falcon 4 Mirage 2000 manuals are called NATOPS too because the author uses the same layout for his manuals.

And the above chart doesn't come from Falcon 4 manual, but as Az said it's an estimation and it doesn't come from actual Mirage 2000 manual either.

However, even if it isn't "spot on", it gives a fair idea for our purpose :smilewink:

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Yup it basically confirms what was said earlier in this thread: that the corner speed is 350-ish knots :)

Spoiler

I think this is as good a place as any to put this. Here are some charts that I did for the DCS Mirage 2000C. It shows the maximum instantaneous and maximum sustained turn rates.

Please note: I only did one configuration ; I did 20kft but haven't made the full E-M chart yet, so attached is the turn rate only ; also these were made in march and therefore obsolete (I should do them all over again with the latest FM changes), but nevertheless I think they are a start.

Everything comes from in-flight testing.

Here we go, I hope you find it useful.

M-2000C_EM_10K.png?dl=1

M-2000C_EM_0K.png?dl=1

M-2000C_Turn_rate_20K.png?dl=1

Edited by Robin_Hood

Wow, big work Robin_Hood, kudos.

For your "next round", I suggest you add the precise DCS version used (not just 1.5 / 2.0) as indeed FM changes do occur regularly.

FWIW, I wouldn't make another round just now, but would wait a bit further down the road.

Regards,

Az'

Edited by Azrayen

spacer.png

Wow, big work Robin_Hood, kudos.

For your "next round", I suggest you add the precise DCS version used (not just 1.5 / 2.0) as indeed FM changes do occur regularly.

FWIW, I wouldn't make another round just now, but would wait a bit further down the road.

Regards,

Az'

Yes, indeed, these were not entirely finished and polished, but I plan to add the version used next time (indeed I did just that on a previous similar undertaking). I may make a quick test for ITR (which is much quicker to do) just to see if it has changed a lot in this regard (although I expect that STR has changed more), but I have halted the tests at the moment. I am waiting for the FM to stablilise a bit (last changelogs had FM changes), although I don't really expect the FM to stay the same after my next series of tests anyway (fine tuning a FM being a long process).