Tryin to trim the gazelle is like hell

Jafferson

Whats wrong with the magnetic trimmer? When i push the stick forward and push the trim, i expect the stick is hold in this positin, but its not. The stick is jumping back to the previous position or even more backward.

The stick is jumping around like a uncontrolabel rabbit! Is this a normal behaveior for the gazzele ?!

Is this a bug, or may be i dont understand how the crazy bird works?

I use a TM warthog stick, FFB option is off...

:helpsmilie:

It is all working just fine with me...

The stick holds position on trim function...

The stick behaviour as described appears to me to suggest either the FFB box is ticked in the MISC section or you have control input issues...

I know you said FBB is off but may be worth double checking in the MISC section... just in case...

SIGBLOCK.png

I did not start up the bird for a Long time, think i forgot to turn on the gyro.

My fault... thanks for tryin to help.

Thats why the bird freaked out... but the magnetic trim is still a bit weird, most time i use the trim hat.

What also bugs me on the Gazelle is to sensitive controles and missing ground effect, translational lift.

I did not start up the bird for a Long time, think i forgot to turn on the gyro.

My fault... thanks for tryin to help.

Thats why the bird freaked out... but the magnetic trim is still a bit weird, most time i use the trim hat.

What also bugs me on the Gazelle is to sensitive controles and missing ground effect, translational lift.

The controls in real life are really sensitive. Also I have ground effect, you can demonstrate it by hovering slowly towards a build and its flat roof. Once you get over the roof there is a noticeable amount of lift generated and I have to lower the collective.

Admittedly it's not as much as the Mi8 but then that birds blades are huge in comparison.

For me the Gazelle flies great with Giro, trim and AP off.

And yes it has ground effect although not as noticeable with normal start u payload and becomes very noticeable when you burn most of the fuel off. :thumbup:

Translational lift is also modelled and comes on around 60klm/h if you slow down through 60k you'll notice a little shaking and you'll need to increase collective to maintain height.

Edited by FragBum
<typpo> pfft spellchecker,..

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

As FragBum mentions, ground effect is there but is nothing like the Huey's 2 blades..... the efficiency of the Huey's blades are superb.

By the time the Huey's second blade occupies the space of the first, almost all turbulence and vortices created by the first blade are pretty much gone. The second blade fundamentally bites clean air on arrival.

Once you depart the two bladed design then purity is lost, but oh my...... the rewards gained!

As stated on release, use the bleeper trim or fine trim for this chopper, initially the magnetic trim was meant for the boys with cyclic sticks us underlings dream off.

A decision they regret no doubt!

Edited by Rogue Trooper

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

:thumbup:

For me the Gazelle flies great with Giro, trim and AP off.

And yes it has ground effect although not as noticeable with normal start u payload and becomes very noticeable when you burn most of the fuel off. :thumbup:

Transitional lift is also modelled and comes on around 60klm/h if you slow down through 60k you'll notice a little shaking and you'll need to increase collective to maintain height.

Translational lift is between 16-24 knots tops. Maybe you don't recognise what it is and how it presents itself. As you accellerate and pass the disc into clean air, the aircraft generates more lift, the pilot compensates by pushing forward on the cyclic to counteract this lift. To understand it fully you need to experience it in a real aircraft, sometimes a bit subtle others a rude awakening. :joystick: Normal climb speed is around 60 kts which might be what you are confusing it with.

Edited by Rotorhead2037

:thumbup:

Translational lift is between 16-24 knots tops. Maybe you don't recognise what it is and how it presents itself. As you accellerate and pass the disc into clean air, the aircraft generates more lift, the pilot compensates by pushing forward on the cyclic to counteract this lift. To understand it fully you need to experience it in a real aircraft, sometimes a bit subtle others a rude awakening. :joystick: Normal climb speed is around 60 kts which might be what you are confusing it with.

Okay the way I took it was that translational lift started in the region 28 to 43Klms/h as you say but in game the shaking of the aircraft and the chatter from the change of load of the rotor seems to occur at or a tad under 60Klm/h IAS well to me it's effect occurs over a region of relative horizontal air speed and giving a noticeable increase in lift at around 60Klm/h IAS for the Gazelle SA 342L in DCS.

<edit>

Okay I get the lower relative air speed lift effects and how they build in a positive feedback loop well at least with power input, IAS like in the Huey is not a good indicator of air speed at low speed. :)

Edited by FragBum
<edit>

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

Okay the way I took it was that translational lift started in the region 28 to 43Klms/h as you say but in game the shaking of the aircraft and the chatter from the change of load of the rotor seems to occur at or a tad under 60Klm/h IAS well to me it's effect occurs over a region of relative horizontal air speed and giving a noticeable increase in lift at around 60Klm/h IAS for the Gazelle SA 342L in DCS.

<edit>

Okay I get the lower relative air speed lift effects and how they build in a positive feedback loop well at least with power input, IAS like in the Huey is not a good indicator of air speed at low speed. :)

Another thing to note is that in the approach in some regimes, the rotor disk is operating at peak efficiency. This presents itself as the aircraft not wanting to descend. Sometimes reducing the approach speed will make it easier to adjust the decent with the collective.

Hell if this stuff was easy anybody could do it :thumbup: It's a never ending learning process :D

There is a very good article by Helen Krasner regarding the Gazelle in her amazon download only (Flying Historic Helicopters, Book 3).

She describes the climb ability of this machine and how it affects landing and the possible dangers whilst bringing this creature in to land or hover and the massive workload required, it is clear from most reviews I have read that this machines ability to climb offers the pilot a hand full of work....this is clear.

She describes nothing like this in all her other machines reviews/books.

Trim the Gazelle through the bleep trim or fine adjust trim.

Edited by Rogue Trooper

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.