Mission IDEAS thread (any are welcome)

The purpose of this thread is to tease out ideas and concepts for missions, without necessarily conducting all the work to create them.

There are many of us that can materialize ideas.

Frequently, but not always, there's a divide. There are those with mega technical skills, and less idea powers, and those with mega-idea powers and near zero technical skill.

I'd like to create a team including both of those.

Precious few walk in both worlds. This thread is for the rest of us.

Coming up with a great idea that either fledgling or skilled mission designers can expand upon is EASY!

Think about what you'd like to do. Fixed wing? Rotorcraft? Combined?

What's a basic story line we can work with? Lay it all out!

No rules, just ideas. I'm sure some have been done, but that's okay, put a new spin on it, and it's reborn. Let's build a library of concepts!

Go!

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

Have fun. Don't suck. Kill bad guys. 👍

https://discord.gg/blacksharkden/

Something inspired by “Flight of the Intruder”, but with a pair of SU-25/25T’s. Navigate over water, low level NOE flight, followed by heavy SAM defenses against a small set of “valuable” targets...then RTB.

Given the -25’s nickname is “rook”, and skillful use of two Rooks are easy to make checkmate against a target, should be fun to develop and fly.

Anything with more Su-25As would be welcome. Something with some replay-ability...no story really needed. Lots of tools out there with MIST and MOOSE (who names these things anyway? ;))...dynadd, random functions, trigger zones. Many possibilities. I'm working on something now, mainly by stealing other people's code (I can't code myself). But it's REALLY messy.

And after having worked on this, I can fully appreciate other's magnificent work. I don't know how you do it, to be honest.

Anything with more Su-25As would be welcome. Something with some replay-ability...no story really needed. Lots of tools out there with MIST and MOOSE (who names these things anyway? ;))...dynadd, random functions, trigger zones. Many possibilities. I'm working on something now, mainly by stealing other people's code (I can't code myself). But it's REALLY messy.

And after having worked on this, I can fully appreciate other's magnificent work. I don't know how you do it, to be honest.

There's no shame at all in this. If it's re-usable, re-use it. I start personally by checking the MOOSE missions to see if the basic concept is already fleshed out. If so, I copy/paste and change the variable names.

Another thing I am doing in my squadron is furnishing pre-built scripts that deliver canned functionality such as unit placement/route randomization.

I really like the drone/awacs thing. That could also be done with helos by naming a ground controller for the drones....

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

Have fun. Don't suck. Kill bad guys. 👍

https://discord.gg/blacksharkden/