Experience with Captoglove?

Red Squirrel

I just got hands on with them at E3, video to come, also got hands on a prototype for feedback including hot and cold, it was wild... anyway, hope to have a video up soon!
Champ!

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

I got the same experience, in fact I was told I was the first to try it which was neat and yes the reaction he had was on point, the amount of feeling is incredible

Twitch2DCS - Bring twitch chat into DCS.

SplashOneGaming.com - Splash One is a community built on combat flight simulation. S1G Discord

twitch / youtube / facebook / twitter / discord

So what's the verdict on the actual glove as a controller this year

3d absolute axis ?

Accuracy for clickable cockpits ?

Turn dials ?

Is the haptic a new variant or update to existing models from date x ?

Sent an email 48hr ago to their support with general query

Surprised I actually got a response given e3 is on ::

Thank you for your email.

We are just showing the first integration provided by a Eagle Dynamics. After E3 we will send the report to E3[sic DCS?] to fix several bugs and by the end of the month we should have a Beta to be delivered.

The hands will be able to interact with the cockpit. After E3 we will produce a video to showcase it.

Thank you.

Kind Regards.

Max

CaptoGlove Team

You know in their video, they show it working in DCS' Huey module. So there is no question whether it works or not. The question is, is just just acting as a mouse button requiring the user to look at the control or not.

I have the LeapMotion. The motion tracking isn't even *close* to what's needed in DCS. You'll look like a heroin addict with the shakes (do they get shakes?) when trying to press a button/switch.

How many takes for it to work as shown? You can’t believe what you see how do you know that a third party wasn’t using a keyboard while the pilot made the motions like he was manipulating the switches

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

Yeah, I hear you. I'm sure they will present the best foot forward. I don't think they would have resorted to cheating with the keyboard though. With the advent of social media, it would be suicide to cheat.

I am encouraged that ED seems to be working well with Captaglove from a B2B standpoint. That can only benefit us as the consumers of both products.

I just need to make sure it doesn't interfere with button boxes. So maybe a hotas key binding to deactivate and activate the glove.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

I got the same experience, in fact I was told I was the first to try it which was neat and yes the reaction he had was on point, the amount of feeling is incredible

I think I did a very similar impression, yet not recorded this time. Very cool technology on the horizon, just need to get the stuff incorporated into the software so it can be fully utilized.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

I think I did a very similar impression, yet not recorded this time. Very cool technology on the horizon, just need to get the stuff incorporated into the software so it can be fully utilized.
Did you try the dcs demo or just the haptic ?

Hanging out for someone review the glove with latest integration

Did you try the dcs demo or just the haptic ?

Hanging out for someone review the glove with latest integration

Yes, I did fly the Hornet with the glove. The demo was with the glove acting as the stick. I had no issues with it in the 5 minute flight around the PG. Glove doesn't require huge movements, to fly the aircraft. Small movements were the key to flying with it.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

No option to use the glove to click in the cockpit mfds etc ?

Yes, I did fly the Hornet with the glove. The demo was with the glove acting as the stick. I had no issues with it in the 5 minute flight around the PG. Glove doesn't require huge movements, to fly the aircraft. Small movements were the key to flying with it.

No option to use the glove to click in the cockpit mfds etc ?

Correct there was no option for this with the demo at E3 but I was talking to Paolo the CEO and he made it sound like it was cause they had just integrated it into the hornet for the show

Twitch2DCS - Bring twitch chat into DCS.

SplashOneGaming.com - Splash One is a community built on combat flight simulation. S1G Discord

twitch / youtube / facebook / twitter / discord

Thanks mate for the in depth on what you discussed with their CEO

Like you my main interest is in their use for the cockpit not the hotas

From all demos so far that hasn't been showcased . They said it was almost in beta as per their email response but without a video example and some real reviews I'm still skeptical and a little confused they didn't show this at e3 ... seems a missed opportunity

Correct there was no option for this with the demo at E3 but I was talking to Paolo the CEO and he made it sound like it was cause they had just integrated it into the hornet for the show

• 5 months later...

Are there any news on the cooperation between CaptoGlove and ED? Has anything improved?

EDIT: No news? No updates? Well, I guess then that is the next interesting project that was abandoned before it even started working properly. Very sad. :(

Edited by iffoif