Stable or beta 1.5

Gman109

Where is the official statement on this???

On the DCS website, under the AV8B module, it specifically states that you only need to have the STABLE 1.5 version installed. Yet, I've read in a few threads that you have to install the BETA version. I've checked every pinned thread and no place does it clarify this. Why? Which version do I actually have to use - I'm not installing a 3rd version, and I'm not crazy about converting my 1.5 to beta after all the other problems my system has had.

Anyhow, great job Razbam/DCS team, it looks fantastic in the vids I've seen. Just wish it had more clear instructions regarding this, and that they were posted in a sticky/pinned post, as it's rather important, knowing how to install it.

Systems

Virpil T50x2,T50CM2x2,Warbrd x2, VFX/Delta/CM2/Alpha/Tm Hornet sticks, VKB GF3, Tm Warthog(many), Modded Cougar, VKB Pedals/MFG Pedals/Slaw Viper RX+109Cam Pedals/Virpil T50+T50CM Throttle/CH Fightersticks/CH Throttles/CH peds, Index x1, Reverb x1

I didn't want a third install either so i did this:

DCS_updater.exe update @openbeta

And then, when it comes out on the release version I will do this:

DCS_updater.exe update @release

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114030

--Maulkin

Windows 10 64-bit - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @ 3.7 GHz - 32 GB DDR4 3600MHz RAM - EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 - Asus Crosshair VIII Hero motherboard - Samsung EVO Pro 1 TB SSD - TrackIR 4 Pro - Thrustmaster Warthog - Saitek rudder pedals - Lilliput UM-80/C with TM Cougars

I didn't want a third install either so i did this:

DCS_updater.exe update @openbeta

And then, when it comes out on the release version I will do this:

DCS_updater.exe update @release

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114030

Same here

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

On the DCS main page of their website it does say that the AV-8B has been released to open beta - yes, a bit late, but the solution is quick, as stated above, if you want it now.

Personally, I used Skatezilla's utility to switch to the open beta.

Edit: actually, it doesn't show that post all the time - so even that would easily be missed (it's only when the AV-8 module box is displayed).

Edited by Brixmis

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

Great, thanks for the info. I would have thought though that in the actual "sale" page for the Harrier it would state open beta specifically, instead it still says "stable 1.5", I just checked. It looks like they did add in the beta clause near the top, however the bottom line still states (and this was the only line regarding version until today) -

This product can be downloaded and installed through the DCS World Module Manager. If you do not have DCS World installed, you can download the DCS World web-installer by clicking this link. If the product description does not have information about which DCS World version you should install, you only need to have the "Stable" version DCS World 1.5 installed on your PC.

I know from all the posts I wan't the only one confused by this. All clear now - great initial manual too, 118 pages is a great start. Great new module, DCS is doing great. Really pumped for the Hornet now after some blue water Harrier ops.

Edited by Gman109

Systems

Virpil T50x2,T50CM2x2,Warbrd x2, VFX/Delta/CM2/Alpha/Tm Hornet sticks, VKB GF3, Tm Warthog(many), Modded Cougar, VKB Pedals/MFG Pedals/Slaw Viper RX+109Cam Pedals/Virpil T50+T50CM Throttle/CH Fightersticks/CH Throttles/CH peds, Index x1, Reverb x1