SUDDEN SEAT /HEAD HEIGHT MOVEMENTS WITH RIFT

Badger633

I have been using the rift for some time now , the immersion is unbelievable and well worth the lose in clarity.

What I have been getting for some time now is every now and then my eye height or seat height instantly increases by say a foot for a few seconds and then quickly snaps back to normal position.

Its only every now and again and I have learnt to live with it.

I have made sure I am in view of the camera and there is nothing in the way also made sure the room is in darkness also.

Not noticed this action in any oculus title.

Has any body had this and if so is there a solution.

Thanks for any help on this

F/A-18C Campaigns : The Serpent’s Head / The Serpent’s Head 2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

Try to create support ticket.

I had pretty same issue with my Rift. After sending some photos of my play area my headset has been replaced. They do have great support.

Good luck!

HP Reverb, Intel I7 9700K, Zotac GTX 2080Ti, 32GB Ram @4000Mhz Corsair, SDD M.2 500GB Samsung 970 PRO

Yogipol thanks for that but it only appears to happen in DCS also I am well over the year so don't think they will replace it.

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

Hi Oneslip no track ir is not plugged in.

I had small jump issue (2-3 Cm), but only the first second after I put the HMD over my head, like some sort of sensor resetting happens... the rest of the time do not have any small jumps. However I do not understand the reason of those initial "2CM jumps",... any advice, please?

Yogipol thanks for that but it only appears to happen in DCS also I am well over the year so don't think they will replace it.

Be sure They will. The headset I had before was over for a year in my hands as well.

Random vertical movements I experienced were only when I played DCS.

Give it a try.

HP Reverb, Intel I7 9700K, Zotac GTX 2080Ti, 32GB Ram @4000Mhz Corsair, SDD M.2 500GB Samsung 970 PRO

Try to move the USB connector of the sensor into another port.

I had the same issue. It turned out that the sensor interferred with the USB soundcard which was used to feed my buttkicker. Plugging the sensor into another port solved it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

KG13 Control Grip Building

Control Stick and Rudder Design

i7 8700K, Asus Z370-E, 1080 Ti, 32Gb RAM, EVO960 500Gb, Oculus CV1

I have the same thing! Pre-ordered the rift and later bought a second sensor in an attempt to fix it. I also have a horizon that is always tilted about 2 degrees left. I've contacted support about the latter issue without resolution so far. Hopefully I can get a new headset, sounds like that fixed yogipol's problems!

I have the same thing! Pre-ordered the rift and later bought a second sensor in an attempt to fix it. I also have a horizon that is always tilted about 2 degrees left. I've contacted support about the latter issue without resolution so far. Hopefully I can get a new headset, sounds like that fixed yogipol's problems!

Apparently a lot of Rifts have the tilt issue. There's a calibration tool that recalibrates the Rift, after which it should be straight. Worked for me. Use at your own risk though:

https://www.vrheads.com/how-fix-oculus-rift-calibrations-problems

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

Hmm, interesting with temperature and temperature shifts. I suffer from this sudden up/down movement, and it generally disappears after a little while (30 min maybe).

Cant say if this is a late fall, winter, early spring thing, you know, when its cold, cause them the room temp here is just around 19-20c, while in the summer its substantially higher. But Ive had a long period where it didnt happen, and now its back.

Is certainly something I will keep an eye on, room temp, 'cold' headset, and when it does that up/down thing.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

any mirors around?

plus, they have a pretty lengthy thing about camera and USB bandwidth.

https://www.oculus.com/blog/oculus-roomscale-balancing-bandwidth-on-usb/

the way VR HMDs work is that they have a external fix (tracking station/camera). then the HMD tracks your movement with IMU with constant positional updates from the external source.

i.e IMU update every 1ms or so, and external update every 20-50 ms.

if from some reason, the environment is too bright, or there is a massive reflection, the external tracking fails (if not detecting a completely different location). and the position fix is all wrong. causing it to be rejected (and you have drift over time) or locks on the wrong position (i.e on the reflection of the HMD in a mirror for example). then it jumps to some place else...

Edited by uri_ba

Thanks for the comments all.

Uri Ba will look at the USBs and no there is no mirrors to be honest don't like what I see when I look in them.

Ohh.. one more stupid option for all this (I know, I've lived them all).

is TIR still connected and active?

you have the Rift, it's wrapped in IR LEDs,

maybe your TIR software picks up those LEDs as the clip and feeds the wrong position... (DCS does not disable TIR inputs when in VR). if you are using TIR with reflectors, maybe the IR LEDs from the TIR somehow shine into the oculus camera...