VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

Never too early/late for beer!

Anyway. I think it's behaving correctly, as you do disable the TXs when you click the mic icon in VCP control panel.

Now, I don't remember if the commands you say then are displayed in Voice Attack log. I don't thinks so, and this is what made me believe that I actually trained MSSR.

Pressing the mic icon in VCP control panel is the only time VCP interacts with MSSR. That's what you ment right? Apart from that it doesn't. So when you click the icon again, it's actually activated both in VA and MSSR. That might lead to strange behavior. I've had MSSR understand me completely, but VA says not. So just don't do that!

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

I went through it last night and produced screenshots (see post a few back from this). I do have to press my PTT button to get the commands listened to in training mode but they will not be passed through to DCS as far as I can tell.

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Hey guys just to chime in again.

Great if other methods work for you, but per the manual in keywords training mode you do not press PTT at all.

First confirm in Windows Control Panel that the correct speech recognition engine as is selected e.g. US English 8.0 and that it uses the same mic device you are using with VA.

Then push the square mic icon, switch on the blue round mic icon in the recognizer window and start talking.

Use the keyboard up/down arrows to step through the keywords. For each reconized keyword confidence is displayed in the log.

Pages 38-39.

Hope it helps, grtz

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

Hey guys just to chime in again.

Great if other methods work for you, but per the manual in keywords training mode you do not press PTT at all.

First confirm in Windows Control Panel that the correct speech recognition engine as is selected e.g. US English 8.0 and that it uses the same mic device you are using with VA.

Then push the square mic icon, switch on the blue round mic icon in the recognizer window and start talking.

Use the keyboard up/down arrows to step through the keywords. For each reconized keyword confidence is displayed in the log.

Pages 38-39.

Hope it helps, grtz

@Hollywood_315 thanks for chiming in and I tuink this has cleared up some confusion I have had and i think it comes down to the arbitrary way in which MS speech recognition appears to start up and behave. Definitely not a Vaicom issue, but on my PC at least it sometimes starts in listening mode, sometimes in sleeping mode and then randomly seems to change its mode.

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

@Hollywood_315 thanks for chiming in and I tuink this has cleared up some confusion I have had and i think it comes down to the arbitrary way in which MS speech recognition appears to start up and behave. Definitely not a Vaicom issue, but on my PC at least it sometimes starts in listening mode, sometimes in sleeping mode and then randomly seems to change its mode.

Hi all,

Finally got it! It was your screenshots that did it Hornblower... For some reason Vaicom was not listening in training mode, even though MSSR was. I went and pressed every button on every part of every app I could find to do with the microphone, uninstalled and reinstalled drivers etc, and now when I enter training mode I get exactly as I was expecting - no PTT buttons needed and confidence ratings. :) No idea which it was, but glad it's working!

On the plus side, I have spent so much time talking to the damn thing nearly all my confidence levels are well into the 90s!! (With the exception of the airports which is now todays 'to-do'.

Thankyou all for taking so much time out of your lives to help, and sorry for being such a noob!

Stay safe,

Mike

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous...

Mike,

Really glad you have it sorted

No need to apologise - we were all noobs not too long ago and know it is worth the time and effort to help others get up and running with @Hollywood_315's fantastic piece of software

I still have the "Stuck at 10% while loading" freeze. Cant get into DCS. It`s such a pity. Done all the updates. Cant beliebe its still not working.

7700k@5.0, 2080Ti OC, 960Pro M2, 32GB 3600 RAM, Virpil T-50CM stick, Virpil T-50 throttle, Trustmaster TPR rudder, HP Reverb consumer

Is Vocie Attack still broken?????

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=263636

No - I have it up and running quite happily with the latest standalone OB build.

Which version of DCS are you trying to run and is it standalone or Steam?

Sorry guys, but its the same fu***sh*** as month ago:

Only when i did a DCS repair and start DCS without vaicom it works.

:helpsmilie::helpsmilie::helpsmilie:

7700k@5.0, 2080Ti OC, 960Pro M2, 32GB 3600 RAM, Virpil T-50CM stick, Virpil T-50 throttle, Trustmaster TPR rudder, HP Reverb consumer

No - I have it up and running quite happily with the latest standalone OB build.

Which version of DCS are you trying to run and is it standalone or Steam?

Thanks, i ve the open beta as standalone - the newest one.

It worked for me since DCS come out. Everything changed with 2.5.6. Befor i was happy having voice attack and vaicom... ;-(

Did it as you described. Deleted every lua.

It seems to work!

Thank you very much for your patience!

:pilotfly::pilotfly::pilotfly:

I got Voice Attack and Vaicom working but can not get speech to text to work in Scrachapd.

I put the "Scratchpad and Playback v1.3-Profile.vap" from #50 into Program Files(86)/VoiceAttack/Apps/VAICOMPRO/Profiles Folder also created the scratch pad Profile and enabled import in Voice Attack. but can not get them to work but Voice Attack works?

13700K, MSI Z690 D4 Edge wifi, Swiftech H360X3 Cooling with Corsair Water Block, Gigabyte 4090 OC, 64gb Trident Z 3600 CL16, Evga 850W G2 power supply, TM Warthog,  MFG Crosswinds Rudder, TrackIR 5, HP Reverb 2, Pimax Crystal

Hornblower and MAXstenna - "I'm Back". Got VCP working with DCS for a few seconds before it ceased taking commands. No recognition whatsoever, with the exception of the audio cues upon Hotas PTT Hat switching. Also, note that, similar to Lt. Spoon, I've haven't been able to get the Config window to show my A/C (F18) while in game or, out. Something is wrong, somewhere - probably DCS. Again, I'm running DCS's Stable V 2.5.5.41371. I've been going back and forth all day in the VA and VCP manuals, as well as, YT vids, VA and Vaicom forums and Acord sites. No joy. I'm feeling like I need a compass, map, Boy Scout and, a seeing eye dog to lead me out of this maze. HELP - would, again, be appreciated. BTW Hornblower thanks for Scratchpad link and your profile. I plan on moving forward on that project as soon as I get this glitch fixed. Thanks for your continued support.

Something I've noticed, and although it may not be your issue, it is worth mentioning.

I always use the mic in my Oculus Rift for VoiceAttack, but I still have to unplug my Logitech gaming headset, which also has a mic, to avoid what you might be experiencing.

I am sure that there are settings that i could change somewhere, to avoid having to physically unplug the gaming headset, but that works and there isn't much chance that i would ever need 2 headsets at once.

I got Voice Attack and Vaicom working but can not get speech to text to work in Scrachapd.

I put the "Scratchpad and Playback v1.3-Profile.vap" from #50 into Program Files(86)/VoiceAttack/Apps/VAICOMPRO/Profiles Folder also created the scratch pad Profile and enabled import in Voice Attack. but can not get them to work but Voice Attack works?

Have you added the "scratchpad and playback..." profile to the list of daisy chained profiles, in the profile options for VAICOM Pro?

Hornblower and MAXstenna - "I'm Back". Got VCP working with DCS for a few seconds before it ceased taking commands. No recognition whatsoever, with the exception of the audio cues upon Hotas PTT Hat switching. Also, note that, similar to Lt. Spoon, I've haven't been able to get the Config window to show my A/C (F18) while in game or, out. Something is wrong, somewhere - probably DCS. Again, I'm running DCS's Stable V 2.5.5.41371. I've been going back and forth all day in the VA and VCP manuals, as well as, YT vids, VA and Vaicom forums and Acord sites. No joy. I'm feeling like I need a compass, map, Boy Scout and, a seeing eye dog to lead me out of this maze. HELP - would, again, be appreciated. BTW Hornblower thanks for Scratchpad link and your profile. I plan on moving forward on that project as soon as I get this glitch fixed. Thanks for your continued support.
Does VA / Vaicom work as expected when DCS isn't running?

Have you used the custom setting for the DCS path and do you have the OB box ticked - if so untick this and then restart VA before loading DCS again.

I think the issue might be with Export.lua. ED changed file locations and structures in the change from 2.5.5 to 2.5.6. If the above doesn't work try closing both DCS and VA, delete the Vaicom Export.lua file in your saved games, repair DCS (really recommend SkateZilla's utility for this if you don't already use) and then restart VA (ensuring it is run as administrator) followed by DCS.

Let us know how you get on.

On a separate note, Vaicom now has its own section in Input and Output rather than a single thread of 500+ pages. This means we can now have multiple threads so should make finding answers / getting support easier.

Something I've noticed, and although it may not be your issue, it is worth mentioning.

I always use the mic in my Oculus Rift for VoiceAttack, but I still have to unplug my Logitech gaming headset, which also has a mic, to avoid what you might be experiencing.

I am sure that there are settings that i could change somewhere, to avoid having to physically unplug the gaming headset, but that works and there isn't much chance that i would ever need 2 headsets at once.

If they are USB headsets.

Go to NirSoft.net search for usbdview or something. It will let you disable and enable USB devices without unplugging.

If they are USB headsets.

Go to NirSoft.net search for usbdview or something. It will let you disable and enable USB devices without unplugging.

Thanks for that, I'll check it out

However, it has only been necessary a couple of times, as i normally leave the gaming headset unplugged anyway, with most of my time spent in VR. I only plug it occasionally and spotted the VA issue, when my ageing memory led to me forgetting to unplug it again.

Yes added scratchpad and playback... profile to the list of daisy chained profiles, in the profile options for VAICOM Pro.

It would be nice if someone could post all the files needed and in which directories and folders they should be placed in, then we can double check that they are in the correct folders and if any are missing.:book:

13700K, MSI Z690 D4 Edge wifi, Swiftech H360X3 Cooling with Corsair Water Block, Gigabyte 4090 OC, 64gb Trident Z 3600 CL16, Evga 850W G2 power supply, TM Warthog,  MFG Crosswinds Rudder, TrackIR 5, HP Reverb 2, Pimax Crystal

If you're planning on using it to record grid coordinates, from JTAC for example, maybe check out the Radio Messages Copy/Paste function in the mod in this thread https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=242134 by @lefuneste01

I've added a daisy-chained and very simple profile of my own to allow me to say "text copy" (LShift f3) and any messages on the screen are effectively left there. I can also say "text off" to hide the saved text and "text on" to display it again (LShift F5 toggles). "text delete" (LWin F5) gets rid of it.

The advantage it has over scratchpad is that the full 9-line, including coordinates, just stays on the screen and you don't have to type them out, or write them on a piece of paper.

Oh, I always play in VR and hate taking off my headset

Edited by Greyman

If you're planning on using it to record grid coordinates, from JTAC for example, maybe check out the Radio Messages Copy/Paste function in the mod in this thread https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=242134 by @lefuneste01

I've added a daisy-chained and very simple profile of my own to allow me to say "text copy" (LShift f3) and any messages on the screen are effectively left there. I can also say "text off" to hide the saved text and "text on" to display it again (LShift F5 toggles). "text delete" (LWin F5) gets rid of it.

The advantage it has over scratchpad is that the full 9-line, including coordinates, just stays on the screen and you don't have to type them out, or write them on a piece of paper.

Oh, I always play in VR and hate taking off my headset

Thanks! Nice tip!