VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

For STEAM try delete export.lua from Saved Games then force lua using Custom Path, not applying the ob flag.

Hey !

I removed the export.lua, replaced by the one in VA/.../export/... But didn't fix the issue.

It made me think of another install issue, so I end up uninstalling the lua code, remove the whole VA folder, letting Steam download it again and download/reinstall Vaicom from scratch.

Then I disabled the "require admin" flag in voiceattack.exe properties... (haven't tested my other bindings yet, wait and see...)

And now it works. :doh:

Thanks a lot !

Before :

Listening suspended
Joystick : 'Transmit TX1 release'
Captured sentence: request takeoff
Recognized : 'request takeoff' (Confidence 95)
Listening resumed
Joystick : 'Transmit TX1 press'

After :

ATC (Batumi): Colt 1-1, Batumi, vous êtes autorisé décollage dès que prêt, montez à 300m QFE 29.50
Listening suspended
Joystick : 'Transmit TX1 release'
Constructing message... 
TX1 | SEL/AUTO: [ ATC ] ,  [ Request Takeoff ]   
Recipient for ATC set by call contents.
Identified unit: Batumi with id 5000022
Getting selected unit for category ATC
Have result, identified as command: Request Takeoff
Captured sentence: request takeoff
Recognized : 'request takeoff' (Confidence 95)
Listening resumed
Joystick : 'Transmit TX1 press'

:pilotfly:

After further investigation (I kept my older VA folder), it seems that some files in the older \VoiceAttack\Apps\VAICOMPRO\Database\ doesn't match the new ones. (size and MD5 are different).

I probably forgot to remove those files during a manual plugin update :music_whistling:

Just to be sure... Is it normal that Vaicom doesn't add anything in "..\DCSWorld\Scripts\UI\gameMessages.lua" ?

Edited by Clorydric

Intel 9900KF @ 5.1GHz / RTX 2080S OC @ 1.93GHz / ASUS Prime Z390-A / 2x16Gb DDR4 @ 3333 CL16 / Corsair TX850M / Samsung NVME 970 EVO+ / TM warthog Thr. / VKB Gunfighter mkIII + MCG / MFG Crosswind mk3 / Valve Index

Well, whenever I clear my throat or make the slightest noise on my table that gets recognized as "Perth" for whatever reason, even after retraining...

I love Vaicom, but currently lots of oddities.

I get that all the time. Even if my headset is resting on my desk. Especially annoying as I’m from Sydney.

i7 10700k @4.8GHz | Aurora GTX 3080 | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Pro 1Tb x 3 | Corsair 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

HP Reverb G2 | Vkb Gunfighter II MCG Pro Stick | Virpil T-50CM Throttle | MFG Crosswind Pedals | Custom built collective | 150 button custom cockpit with 3 x Cougar MFDs

I uninstalled VA and Vaicom Pro, deleted my Export.lua, deleted the VA program directory.

Reinstalled VA and Vaicom Pro, added my custom commands again.

went into DCS, and I'm still havign the same issue.

All commands seem to be working other than the Menu commands.

The command is being recognised in the VA window, but nothing happens, no menus appear.

Have tried on a number of aircraft. Please help.

i7 10700k @4.8GHz | Aurora GTX 3080 | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Pro 1Tb x 3 | Corsair 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

HP Reverb G2 | Vkb Gunfighter II MCG Pro Stick | Virpil T-50CM Throttle | MFG Crosswind Pedals | Custom built collective | 150 button custom cockpit with 3 x Cougar MFDs

I uninstalled VA and Vaicom Pro, deleted my Export.lua, deleted the VA program directory.

Reinstalled VA and Vaicom Pro, added my custom commands again.

went into DCS, and I'm still havign the same issue.

All commands seem to be working other than the Menu commands.

The command is being recognised in the VA window, but nothing happens, no menus appear.

Have tried on a number of aircraft. Please help.

Don't know if this is the cause, But on the "Preferences TAB" make sure you check "Allow Options"

Care to elaborate?

Sure, I was stumped. until i watched this video

...more specifically at about 12:20 into the video.

It seems there is a issue with the export.lua file. I deleted the export.lua (C:\Users\your name\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts) restarted and all was well again.

also, I did not need to reinstall vaicom.

Edited by Shepherd

OK, so I have allow options ticked, and I've deleted my export.lua, but still have the issue.

However....

I'f I give a number of menu commands in a row e.g. Take 8, take 5, take 1 (which I know is prepare DTC in the JF-11) it actually carries out the command.

So the issue is that the menus aren't appearing on the screen

OK, so I have allow options ticked, and I've deleted my export.lua, but still have the issue.

However....

I'f I give a number of menu commands in a row e.g. Take 8, take 5, take 1 (which I know is prepare DTC in the JF-11) it actually carries out the command.

So the issue is that the menus aren't appearing on the screen

Are you saying "Options" first? If you are not then the Menu won't show, and you are still able to say "Take #" but it won't do anything.

If you are saying "options" then the Menu should always appear regardless of other options, like - 'Hide Menus' etc.

In any case I think I may have found an issue with the "options" menu, but I'll need to do further testing.

Request to the Tomcat drivers:

I chewing several weeks on the Navgrid commands - the simply dont work; I can setup Navgrid to bullseye via map marker, but all the other grid voice commands are recognized via Viacom/VA, acknowledged by Jester, but my beloved AI Rio simply doesn't do anything (Grid Enable/Disable, Absolute/Relative Heading, Sectors, etc.)

Running latest version of DCS OB, Voice Attack and Viacom.

Thanks for any pointers in advance!

I have the same problem

So I’m wanting to use this in MP and I want push to talk with SRS integration on A10c as in RL, mic switch fwd,aft,down as PTT. How can I use Viacom to change my radio frequency, say “options” etc without broadcasting to other humans, while letting humans hear my interactions with ai when relevant. IE ATC inbound. I have read the manual, but can’t make sense of the ai/human preferences box’s. Seems like the options just turn Viacom on or off.

Seems like my options are.

Sync VC Tx PTT to SRS and all commands are broadcast to everyone.

Have a separate PTT for VC and SRS. I can then change radio etc without annoying others but I Cannot speak to ATC and have others hear my intentions without repeating myself on the VC PTT.

Asus Z790 PLUS WIFI D4, 13700K RTX 4090 FE, M2. HP Reverb G2.

So I’m wanting to use this in MP and I want push to talk with SRS integration on A10c as in RL, mic switch fwd,aft,down as PTT. How can I use Viacom to change my radio frequency, say “options” etc without broadcasting to other humans, while letting humans hear my interactions with ai when relevant. IE ATC inbound. I have read the manual, but can’t make sense of the ai/human preferences box’s. Seems like the options just turn Viacom on or off.

Seems like my options are.

Sync VC Tx PTT to SRS and all commands are broadcast to everyone.

Have a separate PTT for VC and SRS. I can then change radio etc without annoying others but I Cannot speak to ATC and have others hear my intentions without repeating myself on the VC PTT.

I don't think your perfect solution can be reached. To be honest the new integration options don't seem that useful to me, but they can both inhibit Viacom from transmitting to AI or SRS from transmitting to other players. The two options as far as I can tell are mutually exclusive. Or rather neither AI or players will hear you when both are in the channel. And keeping both options Off seems like neither will if both are in channel. I haven't tested it, but like I said this options don't appeal to me.

So, also because I am now flying with a squadron that has certain radio procedures, my solution was: Turn off Integration all together, use Viacom in "single PTT mode" with TX5 (intercom) selected as my PTT. I still keep my TXs bound the same as in SRS, a bit unnecessary now, but it's easy to switch configuration so everything is a go for several options.

Pros:

- My AI and Human comms are kept absolutely separate, unless I'm flying same plane co-op and I don't see that as a problem at all.

- When talking to AI other players will hear my "pilot voice", they won't hear me double. Turning off pilot voice, only does it for you.

- If I need a backup using options, no one will hear that. And again they will still hear the command with my Pilots Voice.

Cons:

- I "lose" realism when transmitting to AI, using the same button for all radios.

- I can't use the "Radio Tune/Channel" commands from the basic plug in, as they require you to key the radio you want to tune. But I can still use Radio Tuning with Jester, but personally I like to keep it that way (just missing Select Channel for Jester).

In the end it's always a trade off. Kudos to Hollywood and SRS team for joining efforts trying to solve the problem, but I think it's an unsolvable one. At least they offered us options to work with.

as another tip, I keep another backup to talk to AI, I don't use the option to "hide menus", and my PTTs in my HOTAS are programmed to send the DCS radio PTT when I short press them, If I press them longer than 300ms then they talk to SRS/Vaicom, the Menus won't show unless I intentionally short press the PTTs.

I don't think your perfect solution can be reached. To be honest the new integration options don't seem that useful to me, but they can both inhibit Viacom from transmitting to AI or SRS from transmitting to other players. The two options as far as I can tell are mutually exclusive. Or rather neither AI or players will hear you when both are in the channel. And keeping both options Off seems like neither will if both are in channel. I haven't tested it, but like I said this options don't appeal to me.

So, also because I am now flying with a squadron that has certain radio procedures, my solution was: Turn off Integration all together, use Viacom in "single PTT mode" with TX5 (intercom) selected as my PTT. I still keep my TXs bound the same as in SRS, a bit unnecessary now, but it's easy to switch configuration so everything is a go for several options.

Pros:

- My AI and Human comms are kept absolutely separate, unless I'm flying same plane co-op and I don't see that as a problem at all.

- When talking to AI other players will hear my "pilot voice", they won't hear me double. Turning off pilot voice, only does it for you.

- If I need a backup using options, no one will hear that. And again they will still hear the command with my Pilots Voice.

Cons:

- I "lose" realism when transmitting to AI, using the same button for all radios.

- I can't use the "Radio Tune/Channel" commands from the basic plug in, as they require you to key the radio you want to tune. But I can still use Radio Tuning with Jester, but personally I like to keep it that way (just missing Select Channel for Jester).

In the end it's always a trade off. Kudos to Hollywood and SRS team for joining efforts trying to solve the problem, but I think it's an unsolvable one. At least they offered us options to work with.

as another tip, I keep another backup to talk to AI, I don't use the option to "hide menus", and my PTTs in my HOTAS are programmed to send the DCS radio PTT when I short press them, If I press them longer than 300ms then they talk to SRS/Vaicom, the Menus won't show unless I intentionally short press the PTTs.

Thanks for the detailed reply. This is pretty much the conclusion I had come to with some bits added that look very promising, specifically the short press for menus. How did you do this?

Asus Z790 PLUS WIFI D4, 13700K RTX 4090 FE, M2. HP Reverb G2.

Thanks for the detailed reply. This is pretty much the conclusion I had come to with some bits added that look very promising, specifically the short press for menus. How did you do this?

I'm using TM TARGET to do this, but you could do it, with a number of solutions including

Joy2Key and I belive RSmapper should have the function as well. Other Hardware manufacturers like saitek probably have it as well but I'm not sure.

Hollywood, with all due respect (and I mean that because I'm a big fan of VAICOM), the description in the manual implies that VAICOM will switch dynamically between talking to the AI and talking to SRS/VC when "Mic to Human Players" is deselected. For example page 25 of the manual says...

The plugin integration with both VoiceChat and SRS takes the above into account. VAICOM PRO

remote-controls the microphone listening states for SRS and VoiceChat dynamically, based on

behavior preferences set on the MP page.

Behavior settings (applies to both VC and SRS)

When the Integration options are enabled, the settings under header HUMAN/AI CHANNELS

determine behavior.

• Mic to Human Players

DISABLED: Select this if you don’t want your talks to AI units to be heard by fellow players on

the same frequency.

ENABLED: Select this if you’re OK with people listening in on your talks to AI.

But in fact when you disable this option you can't talk to anyone on SRS at all. There is no dynamic switching at all as nearly as I can tell. Before these options were available I would use SRS and VAICOM simultaneously with the same PTT setup. That seemed to work fine, and was essentially the same behavior as enabling "Mic to Human Players" and "Mic to AI Units." However it did have the downside of broadcasting various commands that were for VAICOM itself, and not for units. (Options, or Select, for example, as well as ARIO commands to Jester.)

Not really a complaint since it's possible to use VAICOM just as before. But the manual seems to promise more than is delivered, so I'm writing in the spirit of feedback.

@Chicki No switching, it's explained in the manual.

Enable both Mic to Human Players and Mic to AI Units if you want to address both on mixed channels.

In SRS you need to enable the feature i.e. ON.

Suggest to check the different options to get a feel for it.

Again, this is a new feature and user feedback is appreciated.

Thanks

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

Feature request

Feature request: I like to use TX6 to talk to the AI when I'm also on voice comms and don't want other players to hear certain VAICOM commands I'm giving, for example Select commands, Option commands, or commands to Jester. But I've found that TX6 is not always available. It makes sense that the TX nodes associated with radios would disappear when there is no corresponding radio, but this does not make sense for TX6. And whether it is present varies from module to module. For example, I can use TX6 in the Hornet and the F15 but not in the F5 or P51. Would it be possible to make it always available when PTT is set to NORMAL?

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

Thanks for the feedback, current SRS integration is a first step and

the feature will be further worked on. An update video is in the planning.

TX6 should always be available for all modules: we'll have a look to see

if something can be reproduced with the F5/P51.

EDIT: tested, TX6 available with both.

Edited by Hollywood_315

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

I cannot interrogate or communicate with Crystal palace anymore.

Here are the steps I tried up until now:

- Complete reinstall of Vaicom pro

- Using the profile that came with the latest patch (including the radio tune commands)

- manual check of every file in the DCS folder, where Vaicom appends some code

- Completely cleaning the export.lua in the saved games folder, so that there is only one line vor Voicom left

-Set a default Text-to-Speech voice (Microsoft Zira) in Voice Attack under the profile options

Communicating with the AI (Ground Crew, AWACS, ATC) works fine. The attached screenshot shows , that the interrogate command was understood correctly, but there seems to be no unit tunid in to 284.000 MHz (used the Hornet for the test)

Slect Frequency and Channel works fine, if the command is given without a pause between "select" and the rest of the command.

Tested in SP Mode

Deep Interrogate in Vaicom Pro enabled

DCS current Open Beta Release (nonsteam)

Windows 10 (eng language setting)

Vaicom Version Pro 2.5.15.2

Voice Attack Version 1.8.3

It worked before the latest 2 patches.

Does anyone have an idea how to fix the issues?

Thanks in advance

Capture.JPG.c7af1ae75c77e8a30766b1ef052e554e.JPG

Edited by mcfleck
Adding attachment

Tower reply

Mr Hollywood,can I jump in here with a problem of my own,i have Vaicom Pro installed and i have the HP reverb with the speakers taken off and earbud headphone and mic plugged into it and it works fine,but i call up the tower for inbound and instead of the reply coming through my headphone it comes through my realtec speakers but when I approach the airfield and the tower calls me to contact tower for landing, that call comes through my headphones.Some where along the line I have flicked the wrong switch but I just cant work it out....by the way vaicom is great.

Win 10,MB GA-X79S-UP5 cpu i7-3820 water cooled,GPU 1080ti ,psu corsair HX1200i,,ram Dominator 32GB trackir 5,VKB Gunfighter stick , throttle ,saitek x65f & CH pedals

@Icaro_07 Thanks that's being looked into.

@hawka You may want to check how your DCS audio output routing is configured.

@mcfleck It has to with AM/FM selection (AOCS is on AM, your are on FM).

Some aircraft radios -like the Hornet- do not respond properly to modulation switching and require manual modulation selection atm.

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

Thanks Hollywood. Follow up question: Is TX6 available in the F-5 or P-51 with the PTT rotary switch in the "NORMAL" position? I normally leave it in that position and it works fine except for this issue. If TX6 is available with NORMAL PTT mode, do you have any suggestions for debugging why it isn't available on my rig? In case it matters, TX6 is available in those modules when I set the switch to MULTI on my system so the cause has something to do with the difference between NORMAL and MULTI.

Thanks for the feedback, current SRS integration is a first step and

the feature will be further worked on. An update video is in the planning.

TX6 should always be available for all modules: we'll have a look to see

if something can be reproduced with the F5/P51.

EDIT: tested, TX6 available with both.

Plugin version 2.5.15 is out!

For existing VAICOM PRO users: there’s quite a few changes and additions in this update.

In the User Manual PDF, the changes and additions are marked with a grey sidebar.

https://www.vaicompro.com/uploads/7/5/4/3/75436709/vaicom_pro_user_manual.pdf

Plugin version 2.5.15 represents a major upgrade in several areas, such as extended support for Multiplayer, SRS and VoiceChat VoIP integrations, inclusion of VSPX advanced speech processing, AOCS unit upgrade, and newly added commands for manual radio tuning.

Removing obsolete Listening lines from VA profile

Plugin version 2.5.15 now manages all microphone listening states directly. Existing users are advised to go into their VAICOM PRO for DCS World profile and remove all ‘Start/Stop VoiceAttack listening’ lines from ALL the TX press/release commands for TX1-6 (see screenshot).

Note: The ‘Execute Plugin‘ line must remain in place!

va-profile-listening_orig.png

New Multiplayer tab

A new MP page was added specifically for managing Multiplayer preferences. Multiplayer support is now moving out of beta and MP server compatibility has been greatly improved.

SRS and VoiceChat integrations

This area deals with dynamic AI/human multiplayer communications.

The integrations in this domain are ultimately aiming for a seamless comms experience in a dynamic mixed human/AI environment, and this is a first step.

If you’re into multiplayer comms, make sure to read pages 24-26 of the manual.

Note: The VoiceChat integration is available now, the SRS feature will become available in the SRS Client upcoming release version 1.7.3.

Props to @Ciribob and the SRS team! :thumbup:

srs_orig.png

VSPX processing option

The VAICOM speech processing module has been fully revised to optimise speed and consistency.

A new speech processing mode (VSPX, VAICOM Single Pass eXtraction) has been added as a new option, aimed at faster speech processing primarily for players that like to speak fast!

No pause between recipient and command, etc. when using VSPX. Check out page 18 for details.

AOCS

Crystal Palace has now been fully integrated in both Single Player and Multiplayer and can be tuned and contacted like any other AI unit in the mission.

crystalpalace_orig.png

Contact Crystal Palace on these frequencies:

• AM 071.000 MHz

• AM 142.000 MHz

• AM 284.000 MHz

More on page 21.

Manual Radio Tuning

Last but not least the VAICOM PRO for DCS World profile now has specific commands for hands-free ad-hoc radio tuning for DCS modules/radios that support this.

Use the new profile or -if you prefer- copy the commands over to your current profile:

Press Export on the Config page to find the VAICOM PRO for DCS World.vap file containing the new commands in Radio Control category and copy them over to your existing VA profile.

radiocontrolcmds_orig.png

Voice command usage:

- ‘Select two five zero decimal five’ for 250.500 Mhz,

- ‘Select Channel twenty’ for selecting ch20 on compatible radios, etc.

For details check the reference tables at the end of the manual.

Automatic rollout of the new plugin version will be activated shortly.

Grtz

Hollywood

@Hollywood...the Select Channel command is much appreciated. Is the tomcat rear radio a compatible one? I can see the command in the viacom window accepted, but no channel change from Jester. Am I missing something? I have all Pro version. Thanks

VF-31 Tomcatters

vf31-cat.jpg

http://www.csg-1.com/ | Discord

@Hollywood...the Select Channel command is much appreciated. Is the tomcat rear radio a compatible one? I can see the command in the viacom window accepted, but no channel change from Jester. Am I missing something? I have all Pro version. Thanks

Unfortunately this command is not yet available for jester AI, it's a base vaicom command. It's available for all radios but to use you must TX the radio you want to change channels on.