Air Refueling not Working

Bonz

OK... Not sure what I'm missing but I'm attempting to set up a practice Air Refueling mission and for some reason the tanker doesn't answer my call and doesn't deploy the drogue. I've set up the KC-130 with five waypoints... 0-4

0 - Airborne spawn

1 - Begin Tanker Track (Rectangle with about 35 mile leg.

2 - End Tanker Track

3 - Descent waypoint towards the tankers destination

4 - Land at Destination

I setup the players AV-8B aircraft a few miles behind the tanker... heading towards the tanker track. On the set frequency (131.0) for the tanker I ask the tanker if I can rejoin... I get no answer. When I come along side, the Tanker aircraft continues along as if nothing has happened. The drogue stays tucked away. I must be missing something

Bonz :smilewink:

For the time being, it only works with easy coms. You Have to check that in the mission settings.

You can also use your presets if you set them up in the mission editor, and then you don't have to use easy comms. Seems they are backwards though - in the ME you need to set the secondary (comms 2) preset channels, and in the cockpit those are shown in the primary (left) comms on your front panel. Don't have the cockpit right in front of me so I can't remember the actual terms for the panels/knobs.

• Like 1

The radios are a little funky at the moment the presets in the mission editor are swapped around so the best method is to use Easy Comms or to set the Tanker on one of the swapped preset channels on the Harrier.

So all the frequencies you see in the Mission editor for Comm1 are actually the frequencies for Comm2 and vice-versa.

TZElzLf.jpg

The frequency you used 131.0 is channel 13 on the Harrier currently, if you tune that you should get in touch with him as long as you have set the tanker channel to 131.0

LZ8iDlB.jpg

I've attached this training mission in the Caucasus map that also starts in the air from behind the tanker.

The tanker callsign is SHELL and is on frequency 133.0, channel 1 in the Harrier.

Cross check this mission with the one you have set up and you should hopefully be able to find out where the problem was.

Labels are on (Lshift+F10 to turn off)

Tanker starts in the air

4 Client slots

Mission downloadable HERE

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

I managed to call a Tanker on the 104th servrr when i've turned the volume for the radio to full power. With radio volume beeing smaller the Tanker didn't answer. So maybe try this, too: Set the correct frequency and then turn on the radio volume to full Power. The left radio, btw.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=197618

I went through the same thing recently, OP.

Use the #1 radio (the one on the left) to contact the tanker.

Make sure the tanker is on one of those freqs, preferably the first one (which I believe is 133mhz)

Make sure the volume knob is all the way up, just nudging the radio on, he will not respond to calls

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2