F18C multiple JDAM´s

Nickkerkwijk

Hello,

Since yesterday i decided to test the mission editor for the first time after 2 years:music_whistling:. I wanted to see the what kind of loadouts where possible on the F18C. I noticed that you couldn't put 2 Jdams (gbu 38 ) on 1 pylon. But with the mk82 it isn´t a problem.

When i fly the A10C, i usually load 4 Jdams, because you can take out 4 targets in 1 pass if they are somewhat close together.

Is this going to be updated when the JDAM´s are finally released on the F18, or is it just not possible just like with the A10C?

I never understood why it isn't possible to mount multiple JDAMS on 1 pylon.

Greetings

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's a little early to be asking detailed questions like this when we haven't got hold of the Hornet yet. Your best bet is to look at the data available for the real thing right now because ED are making sure it only has prototypical capabilities.

I am guessing, but one possible reason for limiting the number of JDAMs on a pylon may be down to the fact that there has to be data transferred to the weapon prior to release. That could limit the use of TERs due to the lack of suitable wiring?

That makes sense, i never found a picture or a video where the multiple JDAM's where mounted. To bad it isnt possible to load 4 jdams and 2 mavericks.

Australian Hornets with double JDAMs on one the outboard pylons. I think the picture was taken during the recent anti IS operation Okra. Actually I've found a lot images showing such a loadout. For example on the most recent Marine Aviation Plan.

20150911raaf8161446_0050.thumb.jpg.b114f8838e87e029825e525cd59d289f.jpg

US Navy F/A-18s received BRU-55 racks in mid 2000's. So DCS Hornet should be able to hold up to 8 JDAM's in theory.

Assuming ED is Modelling BRU55s, if not, then nope.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Pretty sure there was already such a discussion, maybe in the armament thread

it was never confirmed regarding BRU-55/A, only that we could load Dual GBU-12s on BRU-33 since they'd be the non-gps versions.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Australian Hornets with double JDAMs on one the outboard pylons. I think the picture was taken during the recent anti IS operation Okra. Actually I've found a lot images showing such a loadout. For example on the most recent Marine Aviation Plan.

are you sure those are Aussie Hornets? or are those just Canadian Hornets with Aussie marking being flown to new home bases.:megalol:

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

are you sure those are Aussie Hornets? or are those just Canadian Hornets with Aussie marking being flown to new home bases.:megalol:

Stock photos from MoD, you don't ferry jets with live JDAM's except in special circumstances. For example, in my former life as a maintenance officer we did sent jets down ranges with green bombs, but that was a bomber and that was a deployment from home to a potential war zone.

Those Bugs from Oz are just as likely to ride an An-124 to Canada.