Oculus Touch controller profile

Fri13

First of all, thank you ED for implementing the touch controllers!

It is now a very nice to move hands inside a cockpit as entering codes and pressing buttons is now far nicer!

To really get them work nice, just enable "use mouse" and don't use the VR HMD. Now the controllers work as mouse pointer!

Where is these settings located?

The controllers buttons, hats and triggers are little odd by default.

• Both sticks works as mouse cursor single tick or continuous roll
  • Right controllers one of two buttons work as "VR Zoom"
  • Left controller other button works as ESC button
  • Left controller other button works as Reset VR View

You can start pointing by holding a grip button, and then trigger works only as "Left Mouse Button" only, so you can't flip switches back to other direction.

What I would like to do is to re-profile these controllers so that buttons works as Left/Right buttons on left hand, make the trigger as a multiplier shift so I can get Reset and Esc to it by holding a trigger down.

I am not going to need a right hand controller as much because that hand is on stick, so only when cruising with autopilot or when landed.

Shouldn't there be in controls a new option for "VR controller" or something so we could bind the axis of mini-stick, touch buttons and tactile buttons to our liking?

• Like 1

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Shouldn't there be in controls a new option for "VR controller" or something so we could bind the axis of mini-stick, touch buttons and tactile buttons to our liking?

+1 on this - that would be really useful.

And thanks for the implementation ED!

Oh, and it wouldn't even need to be in the DCS controls settings, would be even enough if there would be a profile file (lua or something) that simply allows to set the config for the keyboard emulation or something.

As long the profile would work for all modules, it would be enough as after all it is mainly used for pointing and adjusting knobs.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

I am going to have to play around with the Touch controllers some tomorrow to check it out, been spending too much time just flying around admiring the gorgeous scenery. And some dogfighting in my Spit of course.

Great that ED is making some use of the controllers!

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

• 1 year later...

Guys, is the joystick working? Amazing that all the rest are working and well implemented, as VR was to visual immersion Touch is to VR physical immersion.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Rig: W10 PRO 64 bit, Intel 7700K, Asus Maximus IX Code, 32GB G-Skill Ripjaw DDR4, EVGA RTX 2080 TI, Samsung 1TB M.2 970PRO SSD Primary HDD, 4TB Storage, TH Warthog, Oculus Rift, 27" Samsung 4k Display. 2x Wheel Stand Pro v2 (Hotas & Stick) + Warthog Stick Adaptor

• 3 months later...

I think this was the post I had been looking for, but not the answer I hoped to see :)

I've been AWOL for years and recently returned. Not being able to 'right click' the switches (and the switches themselves not cycling through just left clicks) has made things a bit tricky.

So what are people preferring to use for in-cockpit switching (not hotas or keybinds) whilst in VR with (say) a Rift so that the switches can be right clicked? Use the mouse instead?

[ i7 2600k 4.6GHz :: 16GB Mushkin Blackline LV :: EVGA GTX 1080ti 11GB ]

[ TM Warthog / Saitek Rudder :: Oculus Rift :: Obutto cockpit :: Acer HN274H 27" 120Hz :: 3D Vision Ready ]

• 3 weeks later...

I will try out this sorcery soon - thank you!

[ i7 2600k 4.6GHz :: 16GB Mushkin Blackline LV :: EVGA GTX 1080ti 11GB ]

[ TM Warthog / Saitek Rudder :: Oculus Rift :: Obutto cockpit :: Acer HN274H 27" 120Hz :: 3D Vision Ready ]