ED listen to this: Idea to promote more people online.

There are two reasons why LockOn is a small online Community. Egos and Laziness.

There's at least one other reason . . . bad experiences with other online games.

I'm a female. And one of two things happen when I have tried to play other online games:

1. I am constantly hit upon
  2. I am shunned . . . and often accused of being a guy (because "girls don't play computer games").

The other reason is that female pilots aren't even in LOMAC (neither graphically or in voice files). Why is that? I really hope that BS fixes this.

Female pilots were neglected in EECH as well, but I have installed a mod that fixes this. Here's my Hokum 50 pilot:

AlligatorFemalePilot.jpg

~ Arwen ~

I guess we could have a female face texture for the pilot in LO. :)

In any case, I suggest hopping on to fly with a squad. I think the 'hey it's a girl!' thing would wear off pretty quick :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

There's at least one other reason . . . bad experiences with other online games.

I'm a female. And one of two things happen when I have tried to play other online games:

1. I am constantly hit upon
  2. I am shunned . . . and often accused of being a guy (because "girls don't play computer games").

The other reason is that female pilots aren't even in LOMAC (neither graphically or in voice files). Why is that? I really hope that BS fixes this.

Female pilots were neglected in EECH as well, but I have installed a mod that fixes this. Here's my Hokum 50 pilot:

AlligatorFemalePilot.jpg

I bet if you hooked up with a mature group/ squad that would be a thing of the past. Its cool to see a female virtual pilot though.

There are plenty of Vpilots that could handle themselves quite well that don't fly HL anymore. And more that don't fly very often. There may be many varied reasons for that, but in my case, it's because there are way too many problems with the modeling. Way too many, "How in the hell did that shot miss?!"

...The other reason is that female pilots aren't even in LOMAC (neither graphically or in voice files)...

First of all, glad to have you with us. Second, female pilots are represented in LOMAC in the voice files. Unfortunately she's Wingman 4 (USA). So you seldom get to hear her. From time to time I've copied those files to the Wingnut 2 folder for variety's sake and just ignored the fact that she's referring to herself as "Four".

Rich

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

First of all, glad to have you with us. Second, female pilots are represented in LOMAC in the voice files. Unfortunately she's Wingman 4 (USA). So you seldom get to hear her. From time to time I've copied those files to the Wingnut 2 folder for variety's sake and just ignored the fact that she's referring to herself as "Four".

Rich

Oh, my error . . . but I was mostly complaining about my pilot's voice. Plus I only really fly the A-10 (closest thing to a helo . . . which I prefer), and I've never had more than a single wingman yet, so maybe that's why I wasn't aware that Wingman 4 was a female.

~ Arwen ~

. . . but I was mostly complaining about my pilot's voice....

:) None of them sound like me either, so I usually fly without the "Self" voice. I never quite understood why Eagle added that. I find it distracting: Who IS that? Uh-oh... I must be hearing voices again.

Rich

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

There are two reasons why IL-2 series are much more popular online compared to LockON.

1. When LockOn came out, it was simply unplayable on good graphics settings even on best PC's.

2. Because WWII aircraft don't have sophisticated avionics etc... which many people don't like, or can't handle, so they preffer close encounters in dogfights, going visual instead of looking at radars etc.

I've been there for over 3 years... and the feeling of playing WWII sim is very different from modern warfare. The two just don't fit together. Yes, they are both flight simulations, but the whole philosophy is very different.

And let's not forget, you have multi crew mombers you can fly in IL-2 series, the aircraft models are not near recent LockOn 3D models such as Su-25T... and so on.

From my personal feeling, I'd preffer to fly WWII sim online over modern combat, simply because of the feeling of flight, personal enagagement when in dogfight and the simplicity of managing weapons or engine which is 1/10 ow what you get on modern fighter.

Anyway... that's my 2c

No longer active in DCS...

I'm a female. And one of two things happen when I have tried to play other online games: [...]

Not trying to be rude at all, but having had these bad experiences, why don't you just do the smart thing and quit giving out hints that you're female while playing?

It's a known fact that as soon as there's a chance that a person is female on the internet, desperate guys will start hitting on him/her because they're hoping to get an e-girlfriend or whatever. Many females know this too and do this intentionally in order to get attention. (Note, I'm not at all saying that that's what you're doing)

Personally both annoy the hell out of me. There's no problem while everyone is anonymous. So why not just stick to being anonymous while you're playing on public servers? Ok, this means that you won't be able to use teamspeak on those but from my limited experience, many people on public servers don't use it anyways.

As the others already said, in a squad you'll likely not have this problem anyways.