X-52 Pro Profile - anybody got one?

Hi guys

I'm the proud new owner of the X-52 Pro, and am chasing existing profiles. I'm happy to tweak it to fit my preferences, but I'm having issues with getting certain things to work the way I want them to:

Throttle slider - set to zoom on Optical camera

Mouse thumb stick - set to guide Optical/Mav camera

2 x Rotating silver wheel things on Throttle - set to trim roll and pitch

wheel on front of throttle - set to ???

I've got TrackIR, so would prefer profiles set up with that in mind, but I'm really just chasing a profile that does the above. Hope y'all can help!

Intel 11900K/NVIDIA RTX 3090/32GB DDR4 3666/Z590 Asus Maximus motherboard/2TB Samsung EVO Pro/55" LG C9 120Hz @ 4K/Windows 10/Jotunheim Schiit external headphone amp/Virpil HOTAS + MFG Crosswind pedals

My profile is very different from what you requested so it wouldn't be of much use to you. As for the things you wanted to know...

Throttle slider - set to zoom on Optical camera
I don't think that's possible, at least I know of no way to do that. You can set it to zoom the cockpit view but as you're using a TrackIR, I guess you don't need that.

Mouse thumb stick - set to guide Optical/Mav camera

The mini stick acts as a mouse, so all you need to do for that is go to the in game options -> Input -> Mouse -> Axis and set TDS Slew Horizontal to Axis0 and TDS Slew Vertical to Axis1. That should do the trick.

2 x Rotating silver wheel things on Throttle - set to trim roll and pitch
For that go to Options -> Input -> X-52 -> Axis and set Trim Pitch and Trim Roll to Rotator0 and Rotator1. I don't remember which one is which so you'll have to try it out.

I found however that very little change in the rotator changes trim drastically, making it hard to do precice trimming. I use the rotators for radar slewing now and the pinky switch with one of the hats for trim.

wheel on front of throttle - set to ???
Just assign buttons (or combinations) to it in the profile editor. I use it for zoom but that thing is horribly unprecise, jumping back and forth, at least on my set. It's the only thing I don't like about my X-52.

GunSlinger, one thing you may notice from gundelgauk's post (you may already know this, but I'll say it anyway): you can combine your profile settings with in-game input settings. If a key/axis is not mapped in the X52 profile, the map will default to the in-game designated input. Most of what he mentioned here regarding the trim knobs and mouse stick I implemented similarly with my X45, in conjunction with the saitek profile!

To set the throttle slider to zoom do that in the lockon controls panel (lockon, options, Input, X52, ) not the x52 profile Same with the pitch and roll however I found those dials way to sensitive. I had my pitch and trim set to my #1 hat switch and pinkie trigger.

I had that front wheel set to roll down = #7 ground weapons. Roll up #6 close air to air and press for guns. Alas I lost my profiles when my Mother board died so I am having to rebuild mine from scratch

Awesome, thanks guys. Looking forward to spending my Sunday arvo figuring this stuff out.

Intel 11900K/NVIDIA RTX 3090/32GB DDR4 3666/Z590 Asus Maximus motherboard/2TB Samsung EVO Pro/55" LG C9 120Hz @ 4K/Windows 10/Jotunheim Schiit external headphone amp/Virpil HOTAS + MFG Crosswind pedals

Ok, this is proving to be harder than expected. I'm stuck on configuring the mouse thumb stick on the throttle - can somebody please give me step by step instructions on how to do this?

For the thumb stick on the throttle, I've configured mine like this...

lockonprofile.jpg

and for the trims, I configured them like this...

trims.jpg

I use mode 1 for Air to Ground and Mode 2 for Air to Air, but the only difference is the hat switch on the throttle (Hat 3)

I use Saiteck Pedals which have caused some issues with configuration on the forums, so here's how I've set mine up...

pedals.jpg

I also use a Track IR and Logitech G15, so all of my views, navigation and startup proceedures are on those, which let's me keep the joystick simple.

Lockon-G15.rar

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You are an absolute frickin' legend. Thanks so much for taking the time to make that post. I'll try out your settings in a couple of days - can i ask if the profile you've posted is for the X52 or the X52 Pro?

It's for the standard X52, but from what I understand, it should work fine...

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Unfortunately the old profile doesn't work with the pro, but it can be manually converted. It's a good start.

• 2 months later...

Just got my BETA SST with Vista 64bit running and converted my profile to a .pr0 file...

Lock On X52 + pedals.zip

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Careful with that, they arent backwards compatible.

Heres a trick I learned (might not work on xp) but just running the profiler and sst software automatically makes the mousestick work. If you have the TDS slew horiz and vert slaved to your mouse, you can use the mouse to move the TDS.

Thanks for the heads up, but I did it manually and just copied it exactly as I had it set up on my old XP computers .dat file.

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I had just purchased the Saitek X52 Pro and Pedals. I had a Saitek X36USB before this, and was unhappy (pissed-off) I had to make brand new profiles, for all my flight sims for the X52Pro, and even the regular X52 non-pro profiles would not work with the Pro version. Then they brought out the Beta and they made it so the Beta software and drivers made a profile that again would not use the X52 Pro Profiles! I am very unhappy they had changed the damned profiles AGAIN !! and I suggested, a couple months ago, they make a converter for the profiles. I am not going ot spend 2 full days again making new profiles! BS on the at !! I had just made new profiles starting from scratch! it takes a long time to crank out these profiles..

:cry: :joystick:

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR