(2X) X1950XTX Crossfire@ 695 core

2048 OCZ PC 3200 Platinum (2-3-2-5)

Antec TP3 650

Samsung 19" LCD (8ms)

Saitek X-45 HOTAS

Track IR 4

CH Pro Pedals

:pilotfly:

I just installed Cat's 7.2. These seems to be bit different from the past Cat's... in Windows Task Manager there are no longer 2x instances of CLI.exe to be seen... but now there is a CCC.exe and MOM.exe I've nefer seen before. I am pretty sure CCC.exe are ATI drivers, but what the heck is MOM.exe????

Anyone else got this?

No longer active in DCS...

I just installed Cat's 7.2. These seems to be bit different from the past Cat's... in Windows Task Manager there are no longer 2x instances of CLI.exe to be seen... but now there is a CCC.exe and MOM.exe I've nefer seen before. I am pretty sure CCC.exe are ATI drivers, but what the heck is MOM.exe????

Anyone else got this?

Well, judging from the release notes, the reason why theres less CLI.exe is because of these new enhancements, not sure what MOM.exe is though...

New Features

Catalyst™ 7.2 introduces a brand new version of the Catalyst™ Control Center for Windows XP. The new Catalyst™ Control Center delivers a number of significant enhancements:

* Significant performance gains; Catalyst™ Control Center start-up time has been substantially reduced, and overall responsiveness has improved.

* Reduced system resource usage

* New 3D preview which significantly improves the ability for users to understand the benefits of enabling the many Catalyst™ features of their ATI Radeon™ graphics accelerator

* Increased stability

* Native 32 and 64-bit support

Performance Improvements

Open GL performance improves for all ATI Radeon™ X1000 series products. Gains of up to 25% in Doom 3, 48% in Quake 4 and 21% in Prey can be seen on a variety of ATI Radeon™ X1000 cards. These performance gains are noticed under the Windows Vista operating system. "

yeah, it's all cool :D MOM.exe is indeed some ATI driver or something. It's in ATI folder. Also I think image quality is really good with these drivers... everything looks just very clear... I think these drivers are really good.

Man, I finally found out why I was constantly having micro pauses while playing lockon... after trying all kinds of BIOS settings, graphics settings, AA and AF on and off, different lockon settings, CPU affinity etc... tonight I turned off V-sync and damn... there were no stutters at all! The crap thing is without V-sync there is image tearing which is noticeable, but if I enable it I get these damn stutters... now the question is, how the heck do I get to enable V-sync and get rid of these damn micro stutters???

Has anyone ever got this sorted out?

AA works fine here (x1950xtx on Cat's 7.2).

And by the way, seems that setting PCI latency in BIOS to higher value helped with my stutters. I have it set to 248 and have V-sync ON and the game runs smoother.

Guest IguanaKing

No problems with AA here either with 7.2. Johnny, can you try restoring XP to before you installed 7.1 and go from there? Do you have the ATI Cat removal tool?

I loaded the 7.2 from 7.1 and 7.2 did not work properly. Did not see any improvement over 7.1. The new graphics view when you change setting like aa, af etc. did not move. No avivo motion. unless now it is a seperate download. Always was with the full download. Anyway back to 7.1 and everthing is fine. I use windows xp home sp2 gui is x1600pro 256mb. First time I ever had a problem with an ATI download. Maybe someone could fill me in. I could have done something wrong. Followed same procedure as I always do when downloading and installing ATI drivers. I get the full download all the time. Hope someone can help, as it seems most people are seeing improvements. Cheers.