Still taking a ridiculous amount of tiime to load

I think, most having loading issues are due to half-wisdom and PageFile (mal-)tuning.

Set it to AT LEAST the size of your RAM, better 30GB for now and check again.

It's not my system, I can load the same missions in a breeze with everything default and non-raided SSD's. It#s NOT the 5G and NOT the 32GB to my best knowledge.

Many in here with lesser systems than moine have zero issues. by logic, it cannot be my specs, it's the config one forces onto his machine, knowingly or unknowingly.

Tbh, I have fixed hindreds and hundreds of PC's...I seldomly see one that doesnt need me, is properly configured, all drivers proper, no dust, no stupid software, PLAIN WORKING.

I guess you need to be a full hearted PC-Hardeware Enthuisiast, I admit I am and I understand that 99% of the people I meet tilt away after 5min PC-talk, they cannot follow and have no chance to get their machines working themselves, no chance. I learned to live with that and dont try to tilt people, I try to help them...and many many of them dont have to pay me.

None in my greater family knows how PC's actually work. They all have a PC and the myriad of kids have PC's and tablets and what not else. 99% of those devices are badly configured.

That's how it is in real life and I do understand why many many people have PC problems.

If you don't game, by all means GET A MAC and get happy, for thos ewho need a PC for gaming...well..it's your hobby...they need to invest time and brains into their toolset to do their hobby. You just cannot pay somebody at 11pm Saturday night to fix your Geforce issue or DCS bugging..etc.. even the most expensive Dell service for Alienware won't help those lost guys.

I have Seen most of that drama, not all, I know I do not know it all, hell no, I am no programmer and no developer, I am an admin, selfmade.

For many there is no rescue unless they jump the fence and dig into PC's and their little problems. it will take YEARS until you see the light, don't give up, JUST DO IT.

As a teaser for those reading this and thinking..yeah..he might be right, I need to take care myself and get more PC educated in all aspects, Hardware to Software, periphery, networks.

MANY of my fellow comrades in here are by definition no paid admins and they know their shit pretty good, often I had to learn from them, pick up this and pick up that, completing my mosaic how it currently works ( yeah, timeflow is a critical issue with PC knowledge ).

It's not that you have to study it on an university or go to school, I have done neither of that, so havent the other guys mostly. It's the will to do it, or not. Given you have the time as it really really eats your time readingt and reading on the net, then trying it out, messing it up, fixi ng it, again...UNTIL you know how it works. Never give up, format C: and AGAIN

Edited by BitMaster

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Well said BitMaster. I fully agree.

Steve (Slick)

ThrustMaster T.Flight Hotas X | TrackIR5 Pro | EVGA GTX 1070 | Win10 64-bit Professional | Dell Precision 7920 Workstation | 1 TB SSD | 128 GB Memory | Dual Intel Xeon Platinum 2.0 GHz 16 Core Processors (64 Total w/HT ON) | 24" Dell Monitor

04667bccce3ebec24b03fde929e2aa0f.jpg

Multiplayer just sits and doesn’t load plane ... was decent before this last update ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you are lucky that you can enter in a server... my DCS just freeze after loaded the plane's list and I can do nothing... just need to kill the DCS.exe process..

Multiplayer just sits and doesn’t load plane ... was decent before this last update ..

If you let it sit like that you will eventually get in.

Yesterday, I fired up DCS, drove out to get a couple of pizzas for the family, came back home and ate a couple of slices, took the trash out, made a head call and sat down in front of my computer for about the last five minutes of loading with my tablet which I spent looking on Amazon for a new book. All in all it took about 40 minutes to load in.

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

I don’t mind posting some of the issues I am having .. And S frustrating as it is , I am posting them so they can be looked into.

I barely have time to fly an hour a night. More or less spend time posting logs and reloading drivers. To help trouble shoot ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you let it sit like that you will eventually get in.

Yesterday, I fired up DCS, drove out to get a couple of pizzas for the family, came back home and ate a couple of slices, took the trash out, made a head call and sat down in front of my computer for about the last five minutes of loading with my tablet which I spent looking on Amazon for a new book. All in all it took about 40 minutes to load in.

FORTY MINUTES ???

Oh man, that is beyond acceptable, i fully agree.

The longest it may take for my machinje to load any server, regardless the player numbers, is roughly 3-5 minutes.

I watch the FPS counter, it will show "1" FPS....i wait....I wait..and wait...UNTIL the FPS climb towards 70-90fps stable in rooster/Gui, then I can scroll the rooster and select a slot, enter the cockpit in less than 15 seconds and take off.

From the time ENTERING the server until the FPS go back up, yeah..BE PATIENT.

with 40 minutes....either you have a very slow/bugged I/O or memory/pagefile config or something else is wrong. As I said 3-5 minutes, enough to roll your own and light it up but not for a Pizza run to town and back + a few slices....oh man !

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

• 2 weeks later...

Well. I had the exact same problem. and I had no mods, only a version I've been updating with ED official updates.

Nothing helped.

last week, I decide to leave windows 7 and move to windows 10. So I did it all from scratch, installing stable 2.5 version. and the problem gone.

not saying you should format your computers, but it has to do with a clean installation in some way. probably register entries, saved directories, god knows what.

What I Would do now that I see it did the trick ?

Uninstall

find every single directory or file on my disks with DCS word in them and delete them.

find every single registry key or value with the word DCS World and delete them.

Then a clean installation.