Super Bug....

EricJ

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ohh, yep, sorry i can see it :P

I guess hes using 3dsm to make the model?

AFAIK yes. But there are some pics that I need to get, been moving around a little bit so I've been offline for a day so when I get them I'll post them on the progress.

LOMAC Section| | Gaming Resume (PDF) | Gallery | Flanker2.51 Storage Site |

Also known as Flanker562 back in the day...

Steam ID EricJ562 | DCS: A-10A/C Pilot | DCS: Su-25T Pilot | Texture Artist

"...parade ground soldiers always felt that way (contempt) about killers in uniform." -Counting The Cost, Hammer's Slammers

New nose render. Yes it's jumbled but my modeller also added some picture to it to give it depth, and the image is from a model, to show the accuracy. And currently it's jumbled because the intent was to show the the nosework:

NewNose.jpg

Currently at this time, it's at 15,000 polys. I expect it to end up around 60,000, but that's my own guesstimate...

"...parade ground soldiers always felt that way (contempt) about killers in uniform." -Counting The Cost, Hammer's Slammers

Minor update, the canopy is being worked on (yeah not real much but better than nothing.. I guess).

After seeing how many problems the model had it is definitely going to take a while..

Sunny and i have been discussing what needs done and by the looks of it "most" of the model will need to be redone..

Obviously that means time..

Ive seen Sundevil make a fighter from scratch that was nothing less than amazing..Well worth the wait :thumbup:

AEF JetwasH | 161 SQN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Like that's any difficulty :)

I found some really close in shots for SunDevil on http://www.alert5.com so he should have some more questions solved as far as intricate details and whatnot. Believe me, they're nice and huge so there's no excuse! :D

More updates, it's looking more and more like a plane, (no screenies yet) but all he has to do is map the critical inside parts, put it back together, weld it shut, and then go from there. But it's moving along, just that we have real life to contend with.

No it's going to replace the Su-33. I know what Alfa recommends, and well, I spent 82 bucks for the Super Bug model, so no, it's not for the AI to fly around in. The AI has a good enough model, it'll be okay ;)

More updates, it's looking more and more like a plane, (no screenies yet) but all he has to do is map the critical inside parts, put it back together, weld it shut, and then go from there. But it's moving along, just that we have real life to contend with.

Hope he stays away from his computer with that MIG welder...

From what I've seen yes. Right now it's just in the reworking phase so it'll look as good as it gets really. When we get to more complete looks, then we'll judge but still the regular Bug looks better right now :)

Here's whats going on: The colored bits are of course the newer parts, while grey the old:

air226.jpg

air227.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks, but looks like Sundevil is on vacation till the 15th, and trying to get some kinda idea on progress. Unfortunately my move has sorta put a wrench in the updates..

• 3 months later...