Jtac lasing problems

Aries101

Hello.

I was about to make mission (watched some guide on youtube) with couple of enemy tanks and one friendly jtac.

I set my mirage in mission editor laser code as 1688. Jtac was invisible, weapons hold. invunerable and using laser (guided bombs selected on menue).

Now after I started to fly I get stuck on 9 line confirmation...Also, I noticed that when i double check my code in kneeboard it was changed to 1168 or some other like 1116 in one case.

I also noticed that I could not find box where I could set up friendly jtac laser code. I know what is order of talking and how it should go , but insted I just dont wanna do 9 line confirmation reply... :cry:

Is it a bug or did I missed something in my mission editor.

Hmm, not sure on that last point...

I just set up a mission last night for jtac with m2kc. I did basically the same thing, only setting the radio frequency to 135mhz and I did NOT set a laser code.

After learning to follow the conversation through to 'IN' and targeting the bomb ahead of the target to the sensor was finding the lase during the descent, I reran the mission at least 5 times with perfect hits each time...

This was on 2.5 main (not beta)

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

i7-7700K 4.2 GHz, Gigabyte GTX 980 4Gb, Asus Prime z270k, 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600MHz, Plextor PCIe SSD 256Gb, Samsung EVO 750 SSD 500Gb, 9.5TB SATA incl 4TB Mirrored. Saitek X52-Pro

Well, thats funny "big" selection of AG weaponery and bombs of wich only snakeeyes works if you have suicidal tendencies and that only if you drop min as pair of bombs. Same for rockets but only you nees whole damn salvo. Boy did I bought wrong plane. Anyway as you can see by my rage wich I am trying to control my last attempt on lasing failed. THis time code was fine but in flight it still failed at same spot.. 9 line readback. Guys (this goes to devs) this plane of yours costs waay to much money to be failing like this. CCRp sucks, laser guided are dead, snakes are for suicial people. I can only acknowledge my faulf of being bad air to air pailot so i fail cos of my poor skills. Or rage over, but this was my last cent on this game. Sorry for raging all (players) but this was too much for me from this game..I am off to play something else...less frustrating.

Well, thats funny "big" selection of AG weaponery and bombs of wich only snakeeyes works if you have suicidal tendencies and that only if you drop min as pair of bombs. Same for rockets but only you nees whole damn salvo. Boy did I bought wrong plane. Anyway as you can see by my rage wich I am trying to control my last attempt on lasing failed. THis time code was fine but in flight it still failed at same spot.. 9 line readback. Guys (this goes to devs) this plane of yours costs waay to much money to be failing like this. CCRp sucks, laser guided are dead, snakes are for suicial people. I can only acknowledge my faulf of being bad air to air pailot so i fail cos of my poor skills. Or rage over, but this was my last cent on this game. Sorry for raging all (players) but this was too much for me from this game..I am off to play something else...less frustrating.

I don't see any problem using A-G ordinance, even the laser guided ones.

The CCRP is not precise enough but works.

CCIP is for fine, and not suicidal.

The plane does not fail as I and others can use it correctly, I think you are making a mistake some where.

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

Well. i am guessing that it does work if i do it for next months to come, but I am way to impatient man to do that lol. So yea, when I coole d down I still dislike M2k but I switched to something that I have much more sucsess, KA-50 and will perfect it. Who knows maybe I decide to try in in future but not now and not any time soon. If real world pilots have to do it like that in mirages...Well I am sorry for them lol.

Well. i am guessing that it does work if i do it for next months to come, but I am way to impatient man to do that lol. So yea, when I coole d down I still dislike M2k but I switched to something that I have much more sucsess, KA-50 and will perfect it. Who knows maybe I decide to try in in future but not now and not any time soon. If real world pilots have to do it like that in mirages...Well I am sorry for them lol.

It's not the devs fault if the plane systems are complicated...

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

That is also true. I will have to be much more carefull next time I plan to buy some module I think. As for CCRP I just can't belive that they use such inprecise targeting systems.

Okay, the current DCS implementation of CCRP in the mirage is somewhat imprecise, the bombs always fall a bit long. (already known by the devs). But they fall long by only a few meters, and that is close enough for the guided bombs to acquire the laser.

IRL a Mk82 bomb within 5 or 10 meters of and APC(BTR) or IFV(BMP) is a kill and it's combat or mobility kill on a tank(damaged gun/tracks/optics/engine, crew kill...).

DCS does not simulate shrapnel damage so you need a direct hit to kill a tank.

If you bought the 2000 for AG you have made a mistake, the plane only has secondary AG capabilities while its main mission is interception.

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

JTAC works perfectly with GBU12 and lasing on 2.5 release.

But, be careful when update to 2.5.0 release from 1.5.8, I had the problem. In 1.5.8 there was a bug on JTAC which did not works as defined ! When I updated directly from 1.5.8, the bug was still present... So the best way is to delete 1.5.8 before a new 2.5 install from scratch, then all is ok like in 2.5 beta.

It's not the m2000: I had this issue about a week ago and I posted here about the 9line not working. From what I understand it's only in 2.5.1. So u made the same mistake as me. Trying to learn a new jet and downloading a new beta update at the same time. I learnt my lesson the next time I want to learn a new module Ima do it on the release version. blaming anyone but myself for this mistake is pointless, sorry.

Rly? Ill go and check right away!

Edit: Failed. Jtac did not respond. It also got destroyed despite it was set as invisible and immortal. Frequencies were ok. On one attempt I did managed to send 15 request but after that jtac were gone from conversation list. Tried with France veichle and USA one. My client was in mean time also totally reinstalled and updated.

Edit2: Also just to make totally sure, can someone send me simple mission with couple of tanks and M2k armed with gbu 12's (working one), so I can test it and see how did you set it up?

Thank you

Edited by Aries101

Ok I made completely fresh mission and ran onto same problems..until i set enemy tanks to weapons hold. Apparently invisible and immortal commands do not work. So after I set that all worked good..i think. First bomb did get guidance, but rest of them did not. It maybe that I was a bit off target area dunno. I got message "Cleared hot" after each ingress but it failed.

Ofc, tips for more precise hits helps...I am guessing that marking needs to be done in last minute, otherwise it might be hard to put precise mark.

Edit: did one more run of same file and I noticed that I need to be dead on with mark and even with active guidance it likes to miss tanks often. Anyway it works but it requires practise. That is better than last try I guess. I also got one hit on target of some 6-8 attempts.

Edited by Aries101

I got 4 out of 4 hits last night with the jtac. I had to press F2 for Terminate after each kill then turn around and just before I started to line it up again I pressed F1 for laser on. Not sure if that's how it's always been but that worked for me. The only issue I had was with the GBU24s they don't seem to see the laser and the rocket pods on the end pylons I couldn't get to shoot. I just put my rockets on the 2nd from the wing mounts and those ones worked.

let me know if u still need help and tonight and when I get out I will make something up for u quickly. U have version 2.5.1 right? Also what map are you trying this on? I've been using NTTR so I haven't checked it on the others yet.

I got 4 out of 4 hits last night with the jtac. I had to press F2 for Terminate after each kill then turn around and just before I started to line it up again I pressed F1 for laser on. Not sure if that's how it's always been but that worked for me. The only issue I had was with the GBU24s they don't seem to see the laser and the rocket pods on the end pylons I couldn't get to shoot. I just put my rockets on the 2nd from the wing mounts and those ones worked.

GBU-24 is bugged, and that’s on ED’s side :music_whistling:

Down on this link you can find a mod which affect GBU-10 properties to GBU-24, it seems to work. Click the green button to download

http://www.checksix-forums.com/viewtopic.php?p=1655960#p1655960

However IRL, GBU-24 has a more complicated guidance with Paveway III kit compared to GBU-10.

It is more gliding.

Edited by jojo

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi