TACAN HUD Indication

Yomo

With a valid TACAN tuned and active on the EHSD, and TCN boxed on the EHSD, I'm not seeing the TACAN navigation info on the HUD. Is there another step that I'm missing to get it up there, or is this functionality not yet implemented?

(JTF-1) Yomo | 55th FS

JTF-1 Discord

Asus Prime Z370 MB // Intel i7 8086k @ 5GHz // 32GB DDR4 3200 // RTX 2080ti // Virpil FSSB3 Lighting, Cougar Throttle with USB mod, T-50 Base + Warthog HOTAS, custom collective // Thrustmaster TPR // Vipergear v2 ICP // 3xCougar MFDs // a bunch of DIY Button Boxes // Oculus Rift

With a valid TACAN tuned and active on the EHSD, and TCN boxed on the EHSD, I'm not seeing the TACAN navigation info on the HUD. Is there another step that I'm missing to get it up there, or is this functionality not yet implemented?

I'm sorry for the problem. We are working on TACAN navigation right now. We will have it ready as soon as possible.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Great. Thanks for the update Zeus67.

(JTF-1) Yomo | 55th FS

JTF-1 Discord

Asus Prime Z370 MB // Intel i7 8086k @ 5GHz // 32GB DDR4 3200 // RTX 2080ti // Virpil FSSB3 Lighting, Cougar Throttle with USB mod, T-50 Base + Warthog HOTAS, custom collective // Thrustmaster TPR // Vipergear v2 ICP // 3xCougar MFDs // a bunch of DIY Button Boxes // Oculus Rift

I'm sorry for the problem. We are working on TACAN navigation right now. We will have it ready as soon as possible.

Hey,

I would like to add that channel Y for air TACAN station gives only bearing to the station without distance and time.

If you choose channel X (even if you set it as Y in misson editor) if WILL give you all the info.

So it looks like only X channel is working properly no matter what you choose in misson editor.

(of course all is set properly on front console and the left ODU console)

ghash

Hey,

I would like to add that channel Y for air TACAN station gives only bearing to the station without distance and time.

If you choose channel X (even if you set it as Y in misson editor) if WILL give you all the info.

So it looks like only X channel is working properly no matter what you choose in misson editor.

(of course all is set properly on front console and the left ODU console)

ghash

Are you sure you had both A/A and T/R selected? I have done quite a bit of AAR the last few days and get all the info shown on Y.

Same here. Both modes were working fine.

(JTF-1) Yomo | 55th FS

JTF-1 Discord

Well there is something about TACAN channels and it changed with an old update.

At the very beginning, my training mission (sporting a 02Y channel for the tanker) was working as advertised.

Then, after an update (don't know which one) we noticed that we had to switch the TACAN receiver to X to get distance.

I checked the mission (which didn't change for this purpose) and the tanker TACN was set correctly.

It still only works when selecting X in the cockpit, even when the channel is set to Y in the mission editor.

So I guess that's a bug...

Zip - VEAF :pilotfly:

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum

If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !

• 2 months later...

Hello!

I bought this great plane last week, and discovered that there's no (useful) TACAN HUD Info, which brought me here.

I can see the "Selected TACAN Heading"-Marker, but it's always aligned with my "Current Heading"-Marker (triangle), no matter in which direction I turn. I am also recieving a valid TACAN signal and everything is working fine on the EHSD page of the MPCD, including boxed TCN option.

Is it still not ready, or must be something wrong on my side?

Can we get any sort of indication from Razbam on the status of course line and general tacan functionality?

Having the Hornet out with nearly full tacan functionality right away while it’s been a long time of waiting for a partially implemented tacan is quite frustrating, especially when there is no communication on when we will see some of these features worked on.

The last communication on this thread is from May.....

Can we get any sort of indication from Razbam on the status of course line and general tacan functionality?

Having the Hornet out with nearly full tacan functionality right away while it’s been a long time of waiting for a partially implemented tacan is quite frustrating, especially when there is no communication on when we will see some of these features worked on.

The last communication on this thread is from May.....

+1

Just to inform you that on next update TACAN/TACAN Offset Steering information on the HUD will be available.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Good news indeed. Thanks Zeus67.

(JTF-1) Yomo | 55th FS

JTF-1 Discord