VMFA-122 Crusaders

CHSubZero

CHSubZero,

I'm also doing these. We should compare notes.

How far did you make progress? Currently I just have the Crusader shield on the fins done... as said: I started. If you‘ve done more than please go ahead with yours. I‘ll do something else :)

My Mods: DCS User Files

Modules owned: EVERY Module :pilotfly:

I wouldn't mind seeing how you did your shield, though. I ended up taking one and warping it, then doing some tweaks. You may have done better.

Maybe this is useful to you. I made the shield by myself :smartass:

Maybe you can use the patches I found as well for the pilot skin :pilotfly:

Thanks, Sub. Here's what my tail looks like right now. I still haven't added the back end to the barbs (I have to do that by hand) and I want to warp the bottom end of the red cross a bit more. I also have a line bird ready to go. You'll also notice that I updated the base grey colors to the Federal Standard (the ED colors are too blue; probably sampled from a bird under a yellow light).

y4m5duUnOV2zii5bRylU-l73-ifti_3zmUPWZYiQMm7pIa68lAgkeUub2qR7tKtiKibaY2xW6p1PJQhu-bI412-BZlYInGp0f0l8-SNuS8ih59FHPgYL88s3mAhcJlSDZWhsiHCSVjzva5qa4x4LWmByky_Q-9xcqbyaHvof_Qpwv4fyjAjd0nQSjIDpiHXUP_uHJUuQLDDDnYOAOHhZzDJDA

Edited by Home Fries

• 2 weeks later...

It's now available for download!

EDIT: FYI SubZero, that tail turned out to be a challenge because of the rudder gap as well as the parts of the tail that aren't directly attached to the tail texture. Take a look at at the texture file to see what I mean! Not as bad as that fuel tank, though... :eek:

y4m-Z_CIs8fEbMtPPIfzAgiBQHzikFkw0_8KhAqsfQUzR6ID3yzjkD_zf8Nuq6TIzfUd_E43TxIxxWcFO0--IP2UQL5EmkyA2wCemn3p089H_CnZ8xDwxBf5XrAFeBDhr016XJHND4ynnIhFV7MKDKCbo8mKC1q3sWCPBbl8VA2EVA9TivF1SqcagXB1VqGHzP7Qr5tEA94BkmP15-6gXQ2eA

y4my36ZpxtV6eSygeaELS2R6jr9Wm8qQqaspaDLVo9ktGQbuZPFuYdg0kUh-BDwB9_5N5yF1c8HH_FlheTbC1tPxIbThXER4XUetwxxVn6KyOaU5ajYVGuJ7IplrpsHmhTVQIf57WvZf07dRt7u5Pcpqk0X0TP2-BHuu8oOL7vxVrpi0-v_YeyzVCgD_YiTE7uDrrwlVL_GnkF3SwHDbFgeKg

y4mAkOgcgHRqwgBb7XOFI0elsi6Feh5UszCp_dDUS9tYY-TmXy2fUPB9vEXefiw5WJ02LLYMmSbj3yuQm4ufxGZEvx3T-sTRBG2f2KsvBEojvxllc4nhbZVmgJAwkhfXbLJDCcG5cNad-tKp0aBcREBbrFCRRp4xAC6rShoHMUOqKTorhtd_BfR1oUPX5fd7oOQZwTvQ7eawB_vqGXUtT_wXw\

y4mN2aR2JvSAlQPHYRV8nkWbWXbPWLTa-wgH3nr3alkGtgeVrBHrsxYU_gb3IqrruAMIiapDO87pP9hzOguFxg-TaAejRbYM_LwABIF8VhiPSVjAZ1icMPBTqKdnfs9mbL6uVgjiW42FGYons6FitMJVQ6wyrkzbUHHH3PNqpelmqsW-guXFn2CoAmBBsAmx9rqwMrxbIxOTk0uY_qihfAaPA

Edited by Home Fries

EDIT: FYI SubZero, that tail turned out to be a challenge because of the rudder gap as well as the parts of the tail that aren't directly attached to the tail texture. Take a look at at the texture file to see what I mean! Not as bad as that fuel tank, though... :eek:

I know exactly what you mean :smartass: We have the same challenges while doing our Swiss Hornet pack :D

But they look great. I like the dark blue one more then the light blue

• 1 month later...

using this one for sure !

to be flown with this music in the background ! ;)

edit. can you release them without an installer ?

Edited by FZG_Immel

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...