Tacans at airbases

Mr_sukebe

I couldn't help but notice that most of the airfields don't have TACAN. Furthermore, I couldn't get a lock to the Tacan that's supposedly at the airfield in the Oman.

Anyone know if this is deliberate?

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Yes, I was surprised that some large military bases, also used my Western coalition forces in RL don't have a TACAN - Al Minhad for example. Not sure if this is correct or not?

I think you will find the TACAN in Oman at Khsab (84X) is working but but that the signal from it is significantly attenuated by the terrain around that airfield. If you fly higher or to the North of the airfield you do indeed get a signal from it.

I also noted that the TACAN on Tnub Kochak Island (89X) works, but that there is no audible tone (morse signal) from that TACAN.

Edited by Phantom453
correction

• 2 months later...

I noticed there’s no ILS help on the HUD of the mirage when landing at Al Dhafra. Actually the map shows only one VOR beacon for two airstrips. I wonder if this is temporary?

Wishlist: Tornado ADV/IDS, Blackburn Buccaneer, Super Mystère B2, Saab J 35 Draken,

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Well, regarding TACAN it would be nice to have mobile TACAN like AN/TRN-26 which, for example, was deployed by the German Air Force in Mazar-I-Sharif in Afghanistan.

That could be put manually on any airfield the missionbuilder want it to have.

vCVW-17 / VF-74