Cold War 1947 - 1991

Alpenwolf

8 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

Not sure if anything was changed, but just use LShft-Enter for a new line "in the same paragraph". 

Thanks for the tip! Must be on my end then. I never had to use the combination though. Maybe I enabled something without knowing.

7 hours ago, Miccara said:

Well, I'll whine a little...

I like the night mission... but... I found the sling loading to be an erroneous and frustrating task in the dark.

With self-imposed pressure to deliver in a timely fashion, sling loading and delivering in the dark, really upped the frustration and took some of the fun out of the game. Between trying to control the Huey, the sling load, the navigation, real slow and gentle landings, avoidance of enemy contact ('cause the Huey isn't shooting down shit!), it was all a bit too much. Made the 10 mile trip seem like 30. Unfortunately, I only got about 45 minutes to play before I got called away on a family matter, but did get back in just a bit before it ended. I'd rather have to deliver double the number of crates, at least that would relieve some of the flight pressure. Could be my screen settings are too dark, 'cause it was a real bitch to do.

I'll do better next time, I'm sure. The danger though is in taking the fun out of the assigned task, completely.

I thought an avid helicopter pilot like yourself would appreciate the actual sling loading and the challenge that comes along with it?

Overall, helicopter pilots and strikers too were very pleased wit the mission and even asked for removing the moon! Why? Because we didn't at any time need to use NVG's. It was really that bright flying over a barren desert under the moonlight. Must be your game settings then?

I don't recall any Red helicopter or striker going after Huey's on their way to the Abrams. I'm almost certain you guys were not attacked flying that route same as us Mi-8's. Also, I did emphasise the importance of the transport role of the two helicopters in this mission. First, the sling loading to rearm the 10 tanks (we lost 3 crates by the way), and second, deploying troops. That's a lot to do in 3 hours.

Was the ammo crate too heavy? the least weight I could give it was 1000 kg. Other crates (such as the Huey crate - last cargo unit on the list) can have a lesser weight and probably make things easier. Therefore, please run a quick test with the Huey flying that specific Huey crate at a lesser weight and tell me if it's better that way. It probably is, and I'd happily change that. I don't own the Huey, so, anyone who does is kindly asked to run quick tests in that regard.

The reds, and even some Blue players, urged me after the mission to remove the moon, so that using NVG's become a thing and strikers stop hunting helicopters as it was the case. Again, it was really that bright.

Hope to see you again in round 2 which will probably kick off in 2 weeks.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Server News:

* Operation Battle Over Sukhumi Unleashed:

- MiG-29A's at Maykop and F-14A's at Nalchik were removed.
   - 10 x Su-27's (2 slots) were added at Sochi (available at mission's start).
   - 10 x F-14A's (2 slots) were added at Batumi (available at mission's start).
   - Mi-8's and UH-1's can carry infantry squads.
   - Each infantry squad consists of 1 x MANPAD, 2 x MG's, and 2 x RPG's.

Su-27's Restrictions:

R-27R's and R-73's only (note that Su-27's don't carry R-60M's). Normally, the Su-27 can carry up to 10 x air-to-air missiles. In this mission, they're restricted to 8 x missiles.
   The most outer pylons are for ECM pods only.

• Like 1

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

@Alpenwolf

A few requests.

1. Please turn off the dust on the desert maps. I know that this is a VR only issue but it really is terrible and unrealistic. It is especially terrible when the sun is low in the sky. If dust cannot be turned off, please set the mission time so that the sun is high in the sky.

2. Please fix the auto JTAC starting laser code to something usable by the GBU-12.

3. Please alter the request for donation message to display in 2 or 3 parts instead of one big message. I am not exaggerating when I say this message blocks 40% of the exterior view in VR and it is present for a long time when you are in a fight. Again, a VR only issue but a serious one.

As an aside, we fly Cold War because it is rear aspect only. I have noticed a trend away from this ideal. Please avoid the temptation to continue in this direction. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

EDsignaturefleet.jpg

6 hours ago, Alpenwolf said:

Thanks for the tip! Must be on my end then. I never had to use the combination though. Maybe I enabled something without knowing.

I thought an avid helicopter pilot like yourself would appreciate the actual sling loading and the challenge that comes along with it?

Overall, helicopter pilots and strikers too were very pleased wit the mission and even asked for removing the moon! Why? Because we didn't at any time need to use NVG's. It was really that bright flying over a barren desert under the moonlight. Must be your game settings then?

I don't recall any Red helicopter or striker going after Huey's on their way to the Abrams. I'm almost certain you guys were not attacked flying that route same as us Mi-8's. Also, I did emphasise the importance of the transport role of the two helicopters in this mission. First, the sling loading to rearm the 10 tanks (we lost 3 crates by the way), and second, deploying troops. That's a lot to do in 3 hours.

Was the ammo crate too heavy? the least weight I could give it was 1000 kg. Other crates (such as the Huey crate - last cargo unit on the list) can have a lesser weight and probably make things easier. Therefore, please run a quick test with the Huey flying that specific Huey crate at a lesser weight and tell me if it's better that way. It probably is, and I'd happily change that. I don't own the Huey, so, anyone who does is kindly asked to run quick tests in that regard.

The reds, and even some Blue players, urged me after the mission to remove the moon, so that using NVG's become a thing and strikers stop hunting helicopters as it was the case. Again, it was really that bright.

Hope to see you again in round 2 which will probably kick off in 2 weeks.

I will certainly be looking at my settings for the next mission. I do like the sling load challenge. I wasn't attacked during the process, I was just saying that being watchful for attack (being an unfamiliar mission), added to my stress! I really think my screen settings were a problem.

5 hours ago, =475FG= Dawger said:

@Alpenwolf

A few requests.

1. Please turn off the dust on the desert maps. I know that this is a VR only issue but it really is terrible and unrealistic. It is especially terrible when the sun is low in the sky. If dust cannot be turned off, please set the mission time so that the sun is high in the sky.

2. Please fix the auto JTAC starting laser code to something usable by the GBU-12.

3. Please alter the request for donation message to display in 2 or 3 parts instead of one big message. I am not exaggerating when I say this message blocks 40% of the exterior view in VR and it is present for a long time when you are in a fight. Again, a VR only issue but a serious one.

As an aside, we fly Cold War because it is rear aspect only. I have noticed a trend away from this ideal. Please avoid the temptation to continue in this direction. 

1. I disabled that in some maps after you have requested that a while ago. Maybe I overlooked a map or two, so if you know what maps specifically, that'd help.

2. I did that in some missions, but not all.

3. I'll see to it.

Note:

While these are, in general, major problems to you (and maybe others, mainly VR players regarding 1 and 3), please understand that these, and to me, rather "minor" changes (as I have by comparison more pressing matters) would require me to change the CTLD scripts in all missions and alter the triggers and donation messages in all missions as well. Don't get me wrong, please, a problem is a problem regardless of how big it is, and I for sure always try to push towards perfection (obviously far from it). Nevertheless, the issues you have addressed would require a lot of work when bigger problems way less. And that's what I meant by "by comparision". Not to fail to mention that I'd have to upload all mission files back into the server's machine, which always results in having missions missing assets when running again, or basically, for the first time after changes have been made. So, it's not just a click of a button, although it might seem like it. And while we're at it, take this one example and apply it to all the seemingly tiny little problems out there to get the picture of how much work there is for me as an admin. And I'm not saying that to be commiserated or applauded. I don't need that. In fact, I despise self-pitying and self-praising. I only told you that to help you understand the situation and give your patience with me a gentle boost.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

7 hours ago, =475FG= Dawger said:

@Alpenwolf

I forgot to address this issue in the previous post.

It's rear-aspect only. I don't see myself going back to all-aspect any time soon or EVER! The only all-aspect aircraft are the MiG-29A and the F-14A. And as you know, they're very limited in numbers, slots, and missions.

• Like 1

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

2 hours ago, Alpenwolf said:

1. I disabled that in some maps after you have requested that a while ago. Maybe I overlooked a map or two, so if you know what maps specifically, that'd help.

2. I did that in some missions, but not all.

3. I'll see to it.

Note:

While these are, in general, major problems to you (and maybe others, mainly VR players regarding 1 and 3), please understand that these, and to me, rather "minor" changes (as I have by comparison more pressing matters) would require me to change the CTLD scripts in all missions and alter the triggers and donation messages in all missions as well. Don't get me wrong, please, a problem is a problem regardless of how big it is, and I for sure always try to push towards perfection (obviously far from it). Nevertheless, the issues you have addressed would require a lot of work when bigger problems way less. And that's what I meant by "by comparision". Not to fail to mention that I'd have to upload all mission files back into the server's machine, which always results in having missions missing assets when running again, or basically, for the first time after changes have been made. So, it's not just a click of a button, although it might seem like it. And while we're at it, take this one example and apply it to all the seemingly tiny little problems out there to get the picture of how much work there is for me as an admin. And I'm not saying that to be commiserated or applauded. I don't need that. In fact, I despise self-pitying and self-praising. I only told you that to help you understand the situation and give your patience with me a gentle boost.

I understand totally. I am extremely familiar with both the CTLD script and dedicated server management. I would assume you would be making these changes as part of other necessary edits to the existing missions in due course. My post is meant to be a reminder for both you and me.

As to rear aspect, every “special” mission seems to heavily feature radar and all-aspect IR missiles.(Except Close Air Support) When I say all-aspect I mean ALL radar missiles and all-aspect IR. Also, the normal mission rotation seems to have a heavy percentage of missions with all aspect.  At least three of them. With special missions happening nearly weekly and 1/3 to 1/4 of the normal rotation including all-aspect, it appears to a daily flyer to be a heavy presence. 

I very much appreciate the server. Its the best PvP server in DCS. 

EDsignaturefleet.jpg

Recently I had a look at some of the Tacviews of recent CW missions and it's amazing what I find out. So often things happened that I had no idea about. 

In the recent night mission where I thought I was either shot down or clashed my own blades in the KA-50, it transpired that I'd crashed into a Gazelle in the dark. We both died.

In another mission I flew into my own falling bombs (Viggen). The enemy never fired.

In the same mission I thought I'd been shot down by a pursuing Mig-21. Actually I was hit by a SA-13 I never even noticed.

Going to start looking at my Tacviews more often!

9 hours ago, Miccara said:

I really think my screen settings were a problem.

A few of us had very odd experiences in that mission. In my case I was in a position to compare because my game crashed and when I rejoined everything looked COMPLETELY different. I'm not technical enough to understand it but basically if the ground looked very dark, that wasn't what everyone else was seeing.

• Like 2

On 10/14/2021 at 12:14 PM, Tavo89 said:

Yesterday on the mission "when the mountains cry", there was a really good GCI, the best I've heard in RED. Thanks to this I was able to shoot down 4 enemies plus a damaged A10.

Question: The server is running on the stable version of DCS 2.7.6.13436 ?, I thought it was only on the Open Beta.

Red generally has some really solid GCI by the usual suspects. But every now and then, there are some GCI who seems to optimize for orchestrating air quake and ignores the needs of attack helos / strikers in Su25s. Will load up tacview after some of these and see multiple Mig's all chasing after one F5 tens of km's away from the objective while the strikers are left on their own and get gangbang'd by F5s and Viggens. Unless you need to defend - you should be pushing your CAP to defend your attack a/c. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, =475FG= Dawger said:

I understand totally. I am extremely familiar with both the CTLD script and dedicated server management. I would assume you would be making these changes as part of other necessary edits to the existing missions in due course. My post is meant to be a reminder for both you and me.

As to rear aspect, every “special” mission seems to heavily feature radar and all-aspect IR missiles.(Except Close Air Support) When I say all-aspect I mean ALL radar missiles and all-aspect IR. Also, the normal mission rotation seems to have a heavy percentage of missions with all aspect.  At least three of them. With special missions happening nearly weekly and 1/3 to 1/4 of the normal rotation including all-aspect, it appears to a daily flyer to be a heavy presence. 

I very much appreciate the server. Its the best PvP server in DCS. 

And it is a good reminder. And it's a good thing that you have mentioned the all-aspect issue that has been going on as of late. The special events with advanced aircraft being included seem to be rather very popular. It's a welcome challenge for many and a way to get away from all the standard stuff that takes place on a daily basis.

The two helicopters/Combined Arms specials are there to give helicopters a rather "safer" environment to work in. You know, no fast movers, no concerns flying higher than the usual, etc. They were really fun and allowed us all to enjoy our modules form a different approach. Some players even started asking for hosting these events every weekend! While it sounds good (not to you though 😉), it'd be a lot of work and organisation on my side. Can't do it. Life cuts in between often enough.

There are 3 Limited Editions, as I call them, and two helicopters/Combined Arms missions. That's 5. And that's it. Working on something else to include the Apache and the Kiowa one day, but that's probably it. Work on a new mission (regular/normal mission) has started a few days ago.

What happens when the MiG-23 arrives one day? The F-1? The F-4, hopefully? They all carry radar guided missiles. I can't not include them in the missions. At least most missions, not all. And they will be in limited numbers. Maybe even replace the MiG-29A and the F-14A in some missions, but not all. I do think think about that and the impact these aircraft might have on the server. Only time will tell...

• Like 2

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

4 hours ago, Alpenwolf said:

What happens when the MiG-23 arrives one day? The F-1? The F-4, hopefully? They all carry radar guided missiles. I can't not include them in the missions. At least most missions, not all. And they will be in limited numbers. Maybe even replace the MiG-29A and the F-14A in some missions, but not all. I do think think about that and the impact these aircraft might have on the server. Only time will tell...

If the early radar guided missiles are modelled properly their p(k) will be pretty bad, so hopefully the effect won't be too great if people use the right tactics to counter. The earlier aim7 variants are still pretty flaky on the f14.

Ryzen 5800x@5Ghz | 96gb DDR4 3200Mhz | Asus Rx6800xt TUF OC | 500Gb OS SSD + 1TB Gaming SSD | Asus VG27AQ | Trackhat clip | VPC WarBRD base | Thrustmaster stick and throttle (Deltasim minijoystick mod).

F14 | F16 | AJS37 | F5 | Av8b | FC3 | Mig21 | FW190D9 | Huey

Been playing DCS from Flanker 2.0 to present 😄

Just now, Sideburns said:

If the early radar guided missiles are modelled properly their p(k) will be pretty bad, so hopefully the effect won't be too great if people use the right tactics to counter. The earlier aim7 variants are still pretty flaky on the f14.

That, and hopefully some fixing for the MiG-21's radar. Also, let's hope the MiG-23 and the F-1 don't have an over performing radar like the miG-21's. So, it's not just the missiles I'm worried about.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

5 hours ago, Alpenwolf said:

And it is a good reminder. And it's a good thing that you have mentioned the all-aspect issue that has been going on as of late. The special events with advanced aircraft being included seem to be rather very popular. It's a welcome challenge for many and a way to get away from all the standard stuff that takes place on a daily basis.

The two helicopters/Combined Arms specials are there to give helicopters a rather "safer" environment to work in. You know, no fast movers, no concerns flying higher than the usual, etc. They were really fun and allowed us all to enjoy our modules form a different approach. Some players even started asking for hosting these events every weekend! While it sounds good (not to you though 😉), it'd be a lot of work and organisation on my side. Can't do it. Life cuts in between often enough.

There are 3 Limited Editions, as I call them, and two helicopters/Combined Arms missions. That's 5. And that's it. Working on something else to include the Apache and the Kiowa one day, but that's probably it. Work on a new mission (regular/normal mission) has started a few days ago.

Well, I see the future holds a steady diet of all aspect. How about replacing  F-14 slots with the F-15 in at least one of the daily missions? I am not going to ask my guys to drop $80 to occasionally fight enemy FC3 aircraft. 

EDsignaturefleet.jpg

1 minute ago, =475FG= Dawger said:

Well, I see the future holds a steady diet of all aspect. How about replacing  F-14 slots with the F-15 in at least one of the daily missions? I am not going to ask my guys to drop $80 to occasionally fight enemy FC3 aircraft. 

The MiG-29A will be a full fidelity module by the end of next year. Replacing a full fidelity module like the F-14A with a FC3 airplane is certainly a step backwards, unless you meant that in a sarcastic way. Probably you did. F-14A's are quite often shot down by MiG's because their radar is apparently as "good/bad" as it's supposed to be, unlike FC3 planes. Players can live with that and they do.

If you're referring to the Su-27 addition in the mission Battle Over Sukhumi Unleashed, then you should know that this mission goes online only once in a while (same as Prince of Persia and Search & Destroy, although these two go online more often). They're not part of the daily rotation.

Last time Battle Over Sukhumi Unleashed went online was on 02.10.2021. So, there you go. That's once in a while.

No one should feel compelled to donate. It's your and others free choice. At least it should be that way. Now, if you don't feel like donating because some missions are not to your liking or any of that, then please, don't. Most players don't and they do like the missions. Is that me being unappreciative? No, man, never. So, if you feel like regretting any donation then let me know, please, and I'll send the money back. I don't want anyone to regret anything or feel betrayed or conned into doing something. That's not me. Never me.

Anyways, I actually dropped by to announce the following:

- Dust has been disabled in all PG missions.
- I don't think I've ever had dust in any Caucasus or Syria mission, but if I do, let me know and I'll disable it.
- The laser code in the CTLD script has been changed to 1511 in some missions, as suggested by you in one of the pm's. More missions to follow.

• Thanks 1

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

10 hours ago, Alpenwolf said:

The MiG-29A will be a full fidelity module by the end of next year. Replacing a full fidelity module like the F-14A with a FC3 airplane is certainly a step backwards, unless you meant that in a sarcastic way. Probably you did. F-14A's are quite often shot down by MiG's because their radar is apparently as "good/bad" as it's supposed to be, unlike FC3 planes. Players can live with that and they do.

If you're referring to the Su-27 addition in the mission Battle Over Sukhumi Unleashed, then you should know that this mission goes online only once in a while (same as Prince of Persia and Search & Destroy, although these two go online more often). They're not part of the daily rotation.

Last time Battle Over Sukhumi Unleashed went online was on 02.10.2021. So, there you go. That's once in a while.

No one should feel compelled to donate. It's your and others free choice. At least it should be that way. Now, if you don't feel like donating because some missions are not to your liking or any of that, then please, don't. Most players don't and they do like the missions. Is that me being unappreciative? No, man, never. So, if you feel like regretting any donation then let me know, please, and I'll send the money back. I don't want anyone to regret anything or feel betrayed or conned into doing something. That's not me. Never me.

- I don't think I've ever had dust in any Caucasus or Syria mission, but if I do, let me know and I'll disable it.
- The laser code in the CTLD script has been changed to 1511 in some missions, as suggested by you in one of the pm's. More missions to follow.

Are you sure about the mig 29?

!Friendly fire incident! Just to remind pilots of the dangers.

This is an AI incident, but none the less still friendly fire.  
Please note that since the last update, I’ve seen this happen twice. The fire came from a CHAP launcher, and you can see that it hits both friendly fighters. Granted they are in line of the enemy so yes they would of been hit in real life.  However in real life, the operator would of held their fire until a safe release could be achieved. 

This was the first of two separate Friendly fire incidents in this mission.

https://clips.twitch.tv/BlindingKathishHamSeemsGood-asaWDLXENsaESDdZ

Upon deeper investigation, I see that the enemy plane was destroyed and off screen prior to the second release of the missile.  The AI, may still have eyes on the destroyed mig due to the aircraft still being in the air at time of the second launch.

Cheers,

Mike-Delta

Edited by MarkMD
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MarkMD said:

Please note that since the last update, I’ve seen this happen twice. The fire came from a CHAP launcher, and you can see that it hits both friendly fighters. Granted they are in line of the enemy so yes they would of been hit in real life.  However in real life, the operator would of held their fire until a safe release could be achieved. 

Upon deeper investigation, I see that the enemy plane was destroyed and off screen prior to the second release of the missile.  The AI, may still have eyes on the destroyed mig due to the aircraft still being in the air at time of the second launch.

Cheers,

Mike-Delta

I wouldn't blame the AI that much. I bet you players (so... Humans) commit way more friendly fire than the AI 😉

I was often enough shot down by friendlies while being on a bandit's six, because they were behind both me and the bandit and couldn't resist not taking the shot. I watch quite enough tacviews to know that (mostly with fast forward and mainly the parts I'm involved in, so it really is a matter of minutes) and I can only recommend players to do so as well.

Nothing has changed since the last update in that regard. It was an extremely unlucky situation that got your F-5's shot down like that. But hey, at least your MANPAD's and Chaparrals track and hit well. Our bloody MANPAD's and Strela-9's are really rubbish 😉

By the way, it was a good session. We (Red) managed to destroy both Lakatamia and Larnaca Airbases, despite being heavily outnumbered for the first 40-50 minutes and the last 30 or so minutes. The Reds were hardly on comms, so if they had been, I think we would've finished the job.

On a side note, it is a tough mission to win and can be very frustrating to some (especially, when being attacked on the taxiway or while taking off/landing), but I think it's a nice change. Hope players can see now why attacking main airbases is not allowed. It results in players of one side leaving the server and the game is instantly over. Used to be allowed in the first years of hosting, then lots of complaints were the result of that and I had to inject this rule, which is understandably annoying to some.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

20 hours ago, Alpenwolf said:

These changes are very appreciated.

Caucasus has missions with sea fog that look pretty awful in VR but it is limited to the water so it doesn't usually directly affect gameplay like the desert dust.

Syria, I think, are all clear. I know Last Man Standing is good.

Thanks again.

EDsignaturefleet.jpg

3 hours ago, MarkMD said:

Cheers,

Mike-Delta

Maybe I should ask you to draw a 10 mile circle around all SAM's and keep us out? 😉

All joking aside, its no big deal.

It is actually very realistic behavior and SAM performance.

Fighting in your own AAA and SAM coverage SHOULD result in occasional friendly fire incidents.

I wish it happened more often.

It would lessen some of the SAM and AAA "hugging" we see.

EDsignaturefleet.jpg

A NEW MISSION HAS ARRIVED!

Operation: Oil & Water

- The mission features the Persian Gulf map
- Both coalitions attack and defend

Situation:

*** The mission lasts for 5 hours, unless the objective is completed ***

RED operates from Kerman Airbase and a FARP
BLUE operates from Jiroft Airbase and a FARP

---------------------
Winning Conditions:
---------------------

RED wins by completing the following objectives:
- Don't lose your own FARP to the enemy.
- Capture the enemy's FARP.
- Destroy vital structures at Baft Dam.
- Destroy the enemy's communication tower and all buildings around it.

* All TA's are marked on the F10 map *

BLUE wins by completing the following objectives:
- Don't lose your own FARP to the enemy.
- Capture the enemy's FARP.
- Destroy the oil factory at Rayen Town.
- Destroy the enemy's communication tower and all buildings around it.

* All TA's are marked on the F10 map *

Red Objectives:

MiG's:
- WP-1 is the Baft Dam. Destroy all structures you find there.
- WP-2 is the enemy's FARP. Watch out for air-defences!
- WP-3 is the enemy's communication tower. Destroy all buildings.

* Mainly, provide CAP around friendly assets marked on the F10 map.
* Feel free to strike the enemy wherever is needed.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ka-50's and Mi-24's:

- Provide CAS around the enemy's FARP.
- Feel free to strike the dam structures or the communication tower's.

Ka-50 ABRIS Waypoints:
1- Friendly FARP
2- Baft Dam
3- Enemy FARP
4- The enemy's communication tower

Mi-24's Waypoints:
1- Baft Dam
2- Enemy FARP
3- The enemy's communication tower
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mi-8's:

- Deploy ground units wherever is needed the most.
- We can deploy up to 2 x KUB sites.
- An infantry squad consists of 3 x MG's and 3 RPG's.

Mi-8's -> Picking up crates:
Bring up your radio menu, select F10 for CTLD and then whatever type of crates you want to pick up.

*** You can only pick up one crate at a time ***

For picking up a crate, maintain hover over it for 5 seconds while keeping an altitude of at least 7.5 meters and a maximum altitude of 15 meters.

To unpack a crate or deploy troops, make sure you're at least 3 km away from the FARP.
Combined Arms:

The 2 cmdr slots are for players controlling ground units while being on SRS with each other and other players to coordinate their attacks.
You MUST be on SRS as a cmdr operator!
The JTAC slots are mainly for players who want to check out the situation quickly, provide GCI for a group of people or preferably everyone. In addition, you can use the JTAC slot to drive a ground unit. However, the latter requires you being on comms with cmdr operators to avoid confusion and/or causing problems to their attacks.
Frequencies:

EWR / GCI: 124 MHz - Channel 0 for MiG-21's - Channel 2 for MiG-19's.

ATC: 126 MHz, channel 5 for MiG-21's and MiG-19's

FARP Kalitka: 136 MHz

Blue Objectives:

F-5's and AJS37's:
- WP-1 is the enemy's FARP. Watch out for air-defences!
- WP-2 is the enemy's oil factory at Rayen Town.
- WP-3 is the enemy's communication tower. Destroy all buildings.

F-5's:
* Mainly, provide CAP around friendly assets marked on the F10 map.
* Feel free to strike the enemy wherever is needed.

AJS37's:
* Mainly, strike the enemy at the TA's.
* Feel free to help wherever is needed.
SA342M's:

- Provide CAS around the enemy's FARP.

SA342Mistral's:

- Provide escort for friendly helicopters.
UH-1's:

- Deploy ground units wherever is needed the most.
- We can deploy up to 2 x Hawk SAM sites.
- An infantry squad consists of 3 x MG's and 3 RPG's.

UH-1's -> Picking up crates:
Bring up your radio menu, select F10 for CTLD and then whatever type of crates you want to pick up.

*** You can only pick up one crate at a time ***

For picking up a crate, maintain hover over it for 5 seconds, while keeping an altitude of at least 25 feet and a maximum altitude of 50 feet.

To unpack a crate or deploy troops, make sure you're at least 2 miles away from the FARP.
Combined Arms:

The 2 cmdr slots are for players controlling ground units while being on SRS with each other and other players to coordinate their attacks.
You MUST be on SRS as a cmdr operator!
The JTAC slots are mainly for players who want to check out the situation quickly, provide GCI for a group of people or preferably everyone. In addition, you can use the JTAC slot to drive a ground unit. However, the latter requires you being on comms with cmdr operators to avoid confusion and/or causing problems to their attacks.
Frequencies:

EWR / GCI: 251 MHz
ATC: 256 MHz
FARP Paris: 259 MHz

aircraft.png

briefing image.png

oil factory.png

red comm.png

baft dam.png

blue comm.png

Edited by Alpenwolf
  • Like 4

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Server News:

The latest OB update brought the warehouses bug back. It's kind of still there to be honest, but didn't affect any Cold War assets. This time around though, it did. Hence the absence of Ataka missiles.
It'll be hours and days before all missions are fixed to include the Ataka. Don't get me wrong, but it's not that urgent like back in the day when the MiG-21 was lacking its countermeasures pod, fuel tanks, and some of its air-to-air missiles. I'll fix the bloody bug, but not very soon. Sorry to disappoint you.

Bug report is here.

• Thanks 1

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

@Alpenwolf
Maybe worth changing to payload restrictions instead? Will take some time adding this to each of the slots you placed in your missions, but in the long run Im guessing it will save a lot of time and frustrations, since the warehouse gets corrupt everytime ED add, remove or change (names I guess) weapons.

You can use it to dissalow given weapons. Simply click the weapon and station, and X'it.:

payload restrictions.jpg

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |