Cold War 1947 - 1991

Alpenwolf

Server News:

- Added more bombs to a few more missions.
- Mission time reduced: Operation When The Mountains Cry runs for 5 hours, instead of 6.

• Thanks 1

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Server News:

Added a few .lua lines to the main script by Apok, so that players can check out the following any time they want:

- Mission Status
- Mission Time
- Balance of Power

Balance of Power shows you quickly how many players are on Red and Blue. It looks like this: Red: 14 vs Blue: 12

The message appears for 10 seconds only, unlike the default/spawn message at the start of your flight that lasts for 60 seconds.

Untitled.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Server News:

Operation Prince of Persia kicks off this Saturday, 13.08.2022, around 1800 zulu. Note that AH-64's are included in this event.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

1 hour ago, Tavo89 said:

Hi I'm back, today I made my first flight with the Mirage F1 on this server and got my first shoot down of a Mig-21.

How can I do IFF?

Oh, I don't fly the F1, I just enjoy shooting it down 😉

Some F1 avid player will probably let you know how to do it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

vor 4 Stunden schrieb Tavo89:

Hi I'm back, today I made my first flight with the Mirage F1 on this server and got my first shoot down of a Mig-21.

How can I do IFF?

You can’t. That’s the fun part

(there should be an AWACS declare function but it’s bugged currently)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Alpenwolf said:

Oh, I don't fly the F1, I just enjoy shooting it down 😉

Some F1 avid player will probably let you know how to do it.

I usually fly the Mig-21Bis or Mig-19, but I got the F1 and it's fun to fly.

1 hour ago, reichenwald said:

You can’t. That’s the fun part

(there should be an AWACS declare function but it’s bugged currently)

Ok I'll keep that in mind, I hope I don't shoot down any allies XD.

18 hours ago, Tavo89 said:

I usually fly the Mig-21Bis or Mig-19, but I got the F1 and it's fun to fly.

Ok I'll keep that in mind, I hope I don't shoot down any allies XD.

Being on SRS with other team players is always good to avoid any teamkilling, especially, when a GCI operator is available.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

6 hours ago, Tavo89 said:

Hello @Alpenwolf, I have noticed that the server lasts many hours without activity and without any user, could you make it go to the next mission after an hour of inactivity?.

Good suggestion. I'll see what I can do.

• Thanks 1

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Server News:

Okay, I'm back at my PC...

Operation Into The Desert:
- The mission's warehouses are heavily bugged at the military bases and FARP's.
- I've tried removing the warehouses' file, removing the FARP's, the helicopters themselves, and still no success.
- This happened once in Two Towns at the Blue FARP and the only way to solve the issue was relocating the FARP completely.
- It's a bug, but can hardly be proven, so developers don't pay attention to it. Flappie knows of it, but nothing he can do for developers to fix.
- The way it works, you report a bug to ED, provide a log file and and .trk one for them to be able to see what's going on, otherwise the report is invalid and they ignore it.
- Nothing I could provide in that case in terms of these files, as this bug happens after a while.
- Relocating the military bases in the mission Into The Desert is nigh impossible. Hundreds of static objects per each and hardly any better locations for them.
- Therefore, I'll have to remove it from the roster.

Operation Search & Destroy:
- After the F1's addition to the game, the mission doesn't work any more.
- Upon selecting a slot the game crashes immediately and you're back at the desktop.
- I've removed .lua files, triggers, multiple units, the warehouses' file, and more, and the issue still persists.
- This happened once in the mission Sail Ahoy! and I had to completely redesign the mission.
- That being said, I'll have to redesign the mission Search & Destroy from scratch at some point.

Operation One Night in Arabia:
- The mission is currently undergoing some adjustments and updating. Lots to do as it's a very old mission.
- Once ready, I'll start putting the mission once or twice a month (depends on popularity) as an event.

New Missions:
- A new mission featuring nuke bombs is in the making. It will be very strict giving each player one life (maybe 2 max.) and signups will be mandatory.
- A new mission featuring the A-4 will also be designed.
- A new regular/daily mission will be designed afterwards.
- 1-2 old missions will be updated and added back to the roster.

Reported Bugs by Users:
- All bugs reported in the bugs section on Discord will be fixed either today or tomorrow.
- After that I'll scan through the latest bug reports on the Cold War 1947 - 1991 thread on the ED forums and tend to them.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Server News:

Operation Phone Booth:
- Bombs and illumination rockets were added.

Operation Open Range:
- Reduced the amount of structures Blue needs to destroy at both the Red Factory and the Red Water Station.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Hey @Alpenwolf, is there any chance you'd be willing/able to share a pair of server-side track files if I give you a date and time? My local copies are useless as always.

Edited by DrRed

Northrop F-5E TIGER II

Intel i7-9700k @ 5.0 GHz | GTX 3070 | 32 GB | HTC VIVE PRO 2
Virpil T50 CM2 base + CM2 grip | CM2 Throttle | VKB T-Rudder Mk.IV

9 hours ago, DrRed said:

Hey @Alpenwolf, is there any chance you'd be willing/able to share a pair of server-side track files if I give you a date and time? My local copies are useless as always.

Can't see why not. What for?

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Server News:

Operation One Night in Arabia change log:

- Su-25T's, AV-8B's and Ka-50's removed.
- Su-25's, A-10's, F1's and Mi-24's added.
- Moonlight disabled.
- Instead of 3 hours mission time, it's now 2 hours.
- Illumination rockets and bombs added.
- Mi-24's restricted to 4 x ATGM's on the outer pylons.
- Petrovich is unable to track aerial targets.
- No R-60M's for Su-25's and Mi-24's.
- No AIM-9's for A-10's.
- Mi-8's and UH-1's can now deploy troops. Each squad consists of 4 x MG's and 4 x RPG's.
- No AA's or AAA's for Mi-8's and UH-1's. Troops, artillery, BTR-80's/M113's and ammo trucks only.
- Helicopters are NOT hidden on the F10 map. No need to hide them when it's difficult to spot anything visually anyway.
- All ground units' skill level is set to average, which is the lowest. This should help helicopters, especially, Mi-8's and UH-1's survive in these conditions.
- Briefing image and briefing adjusted.
- After 2 hours, he who holds Kish Intl Airbase is the winner, otherwise it's a draw and the server rotates.

Note:
The mission used to runs for 3 hours and was part of the daily missions. The hype for a night mission was gone quick enough and I had to remove the mission from the roster. Therefore, the mission will run on the weekends only as an event. Stay tuned for the exact date and time for the upcoming weekend.
On a side note, make sure you use your navigation lights correctly at and around friendly bases when flying the mission.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

6 hours ago, Alpenwolf said:

Can't see why not. What for?

Video editing, potentially. I'd like to collect in-game footage from a couple of decent engagements (TacView GIFs). 

First one is from the Elbrus mission, 05/27/2020.  The timestamp on my Tacview file is 17:45 in my time zone, which would be 20:45 in London

The second one is from Hold The Line 09/13/2020. The timestamp is 16:25 in my time zone, which would be 21:25 in London.

If you could share the trackfiles from those missions I'd really appreciate it - thanks.

Northrop F-5E TIGER II

42 minutes ago, DrRed said:

Video editing, potentially. I'd like to collect in-game footage from a couple of decent engagements (TacView GIFs). 

First one is from the Elbrus mission, 05/27/2020.  The timestamp on my Tacview file is 17:45 in my time zone, which would be 20:45 in London

The second one is from Hold The Line 09/13/2020. The timestamp is 16:25 in my time zone, which would be 21:25 in London.

If you could share the trackfiles from those missions I'd really appreciate it - thanks.

Oh, that's ancient history there, mate. Track files are always deleted after a while to clear the way for new ones. Sorry, I can't help you with those. I hardly think any player could.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

No problem, I figured it might be a challenge.

If any regular player has a track from back then let me know!

Edited by DrRed

Northrop F-5E TIGER II

I'd like to try this server. The number one post has a list of missions, but no info about most of them. I recall looking at the top of the thread at one time in the past and finding descriptions of the missions. But now I can't find that. Is there a central place to get info about the missions and other server info. (In addition to the main post at the start of this thread, of course.)

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

1 hour ago, sthompson said:

I'd like to try this server. The number one post has a list of missions, but no info about most of them. I recall looking at the top of the thread at one time in the past and finding descriptions of the missions. But now I can't find that. Is there a central place to get info about the missions and other server info. (In addition to the main post at the start of this thread, of course.)

Alpenwolf’s signature has the link to the server discird

here it is.  https://discord.gg/cmvxug89eV

There is a server mission channel with links to all current missions. Funnily, they link back to this forum. 

Asking questions on the Discord is a good plan too. 

EDsignaturefleet.jpg

Hi @Alpenwolf, I could see the AV-8BNA in the Two Towns briefing, could you include this bird in some Caucasus mission?.
You can remove armament and other things with the idea of representing the 1983 AV-8B, (Aim-9M 1982).

As a point of reference the Mig-29A entered service in 1982-1983, the AV-8B in 1983 and the AV-8BNA in 1987.