Cold War 1947 - 1991

Alpenwolf

Server News:

* Operation Bandar 1949 is offline.
* Operation Fulcrums & Tomcats is now part of the daily missions.

Fulcrums & Tomcats change log:
- F-14A's countermeasures set to the following: AN/ALE-39 Loadout: 30 Flares / 30 Chaff
- Should Red destroy the Blue FARP, the first UH-1 slot will still be operational with 2 x UH-1's only! The second UH-1 slot has access to 4 x UH-1's and would be disabled.
- This would weaken Blue's chances of deploying engineer squads, but never render them hopeless.
- Remember! The mission runs for 3 hours, regardless of completing the objectives or not. If you do however, provide CAP and protect your assets until it's over.

• Like 1

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Server News:

Operation Fight Island change log:
- Instead of 4 hours, the mission runs for 3 hours.
- Red and Blue attacking ground units were moved closer to Qeshm Island Airbase (bullseye) and are now mostly hidden in villages.

Note:
The objective remains all the same: The coalition holding Qeshm Island Airbase by the end of the mission wins the battle. Therefore, there's no need for it to run for 4 hours, especially, when one team is clearly dominating which the case sometimes.
Ground units are now mostly hidden to help them survive should one team outnumber the other until maybe the teams are balanced. And even if they remain unbalanced, the change should increase the enemy's ground units' survivability.

Edited by Alpenwolf

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Server News:

Operation When The Mountains Cry change log:

- Added 16 x SA342M's - 2 slots.
- Added 6 x Bradleys and 6 Blue x AAA emplacements (mostly around the Blue lakes).
- Added a Blue single helipad for Gazelles only, just west of the Blue lakes. Callsign: Madrid - ATC: 130 MHz.
- The Gazelles' single helipad is for rearming, refueling and repairing purposes ONLY! Always RTB to the actual FARP, Dallas, to save your helicopter.
- UH-1's can use the single helipad for refueling and repairing purposes only, if they choose to.
- The Gazelles' single helipad should save Gazelles long flights of flying back to the actual FARP, in order to get back to battle in a matter of minutes.
- The Gazelles' single helipad is hidden on the map, MFD and planner and is only marked for Blue on the F10 to see.
- The Gazelles' single helipad is marked with an orange circle for providing details and 4 blue arrows to highlight it for Blue on the F10 map.
- Clouds adjusted.
- Winds adjusted to help landing on road bases.
- Removed more light poles and trees around the road bases.
- MiG-29A's and A-10A's waypoints adjusted.
- Briefing and briefing images adjusted.

• Like 1

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

10 hours ago, Ian Boys UK said:

Mig29 vs F14 crashing again for me

I just restarted the server machine, deleted a few files, etc. Hopefully, this fixes the issue because I really didn't change anything in the settings.

8 hours ago, Ian Boys UK said:

Here an example of NDB in Airfield Control Vehicle on 450KHz. Might be useful for FARPs, road bases (L-39 etc can use this too). Also bases in Syria, Iran etc (Mig-15 and Mig-19 can use them). Contains sound file too. 

NDB in Airfield Control Vehicle on 450KHz.miz 160.73 kB · 2 downloads

NDB's work just fine now after they've been fixed 2-3 months ago. I'll check out your file. Thanks for sharing it!

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

20 hours ago, Alpenwolf said:

Server News:

- Added a Blue single helipad for Gazelles only, just west of the Blue lakes. Callsign: Madrid - ATC: 130 MHz.
- The Gazelles' single helipad is for rearming, refueling and repairing purposes ONLY! Always RTB to the actual FARP, Dallas, to save your helicopter.
- UH-1's can use the single helipad for refueling and repairing purposes only, if they choose to.

Love it!

Server News:

As you may have noticed, there are no events this weekend. The only reason for that is to put regular (daily) missions in the spotlight.
If you check out the missions' roster you should see that operation Into The Desert will kick off today around 1840 zulu.
I will manually rotate the server tomorrow morning, Saturday, so that operation When The Mountains Cry kicks off around 1800-1900 zulu.

Notes:
- Red are yet to win Into The Desert (last time was very close). Blue has won it quite often.
- Blue have won When The Mountains Cry a few times, but it's mostly Red that keep on winning it very often. Hopefully, the latest mission's change log boosts Blue a bit.
- No significant changes in the mission Into The Desert so far, because I do think it's doable as it is.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Here is an equivalent set up for Blue using the TACAN beacon

This beacon provides:
- TACAN at 55X (sound is Morse)
- NDB at 480 Khz AM

TACANs are useful for the Mirage F1, F-5E and others
KHz NDB for the Gazelle, Mi-8, Huey etc

Note that the airbase itself has no radio currently (July 2022) making this a useful method for finding home. Also ideal for FARPs etc.

Multi Nav Beacon for Blue.miz

2 hours ago, Ian Boys UK said:

Here is an equivalent set up for Blue using the TACAN beacon

This beacon provides:
- TACAN at 55X (sound is Morse)
- NDB at 480 Khz AM

TACANs are useful for the Mirage F1, F-5E and others
KHz NDB for the Gazelle, Mi-8, Huey etc

Note that the airbase itself has no radio currently (July 2022) making this a useful method for finding home. Also ideal for FARPs etc.

Multi Nav Beacon for Blue.miz 161.94 kB · 0 downloads

This is already the case in all missions actually. I put TACAN's and NDB's where there's none. Road bases and FARP's always have either and some airbases that lack both.

• Like 1

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Server News:

Upon release, the F1 will have access to all weapons for a few days. This is to help players familiarise themselves with the new module. Just like we had it (if you remember) with the M-2000C and the AJS37 back in the day. Not that I had that many options with the former's air-to-air weapons, but you get the picture.
In addition, viewing oneself on the F10 map will be enabled as well. This should help with navigation until players hopefully and quickly figure it out in the F1.
External views will be enabled too. Surely players want to check out their F1 from the outside and maybe share some screenshots.

Again, all the above will be enabled for a few days only. Maybe just for the weekend.

See you airborne!

Edited by Alpenwolf
  • Like 2

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Server News:

The latest update is 5,8 GB. Unable to install due to lack of space on the server's machine. Despite having 14,9 GB left, it wont let me. I'll contact the server provider ASAP and try to purchase a bigger hard disk. I was planning on doing so by the end of the month after the update and now this. I wouldn't have thought to have such an issue. Sorry for the mishap.

Server is offline.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

The server's down again. This time around it's internal issues, not me. The game's updated and all is good. The server provider has been informed, but I doubt he'll answer me tonight. We'll have to wait until tomorrow. Until then, fly your F1 tutorials/training missions/etc.

Sorry for the mishap, folks.

• Like 1

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Server News:

The current server machine I've been using all this time is not compatible with the latest Windows versions any more. Reinstalling DCS yesterday might've fixed one problem, but introduced a few new ones. Therefore, I'll have to look for a new server provider which I'm already doing. Bear with me, please.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Server News:

I have a new server provider. It's located in Germany and is way faster with a bigger SSD. I'm installing the game right now on the server machine. SRS is already working and other minor things. Standby, please...

• Like 1

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

2 minutes ago, Alpenwolf said:

Server News:

I have a new server provider. It's located in Germany and is way faster with a bigger SSD. I'm installing the game right now on the server machine. SRS is already working and other minor things. Standby, please...

Actively standing by...

EDsignaturefleet.jpg

Operation: MiG-21 vs F1 (Caucasus, PG and Syria)

Note: As you can see it's three missions with the same setup and objective running on three different maps.

Situation:

*** The mission runs for 3 hours, unless the objective is completed ***

- The mission features the MiG-21 and the F1 only.
- 20 slots available per side. 10 slots at each airbase in some missions.
- The objective is simple: Score 50 aerial kills to win the day!

image.jpg

image pg.jpg

image syria.jpg

Edited by Alpenwolf
  • Like 2

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Server News:

The new missions MiG-21 vs F1 (Caucasus, PG and Syria) have been optimised a bit:
- Instead of 4 hours runtime, it's now 3.
- Instead of having to score 100 kills to win, 50 will do.
- Magic 1 missiles removed.
- Juli's remain disabled.
- R-60M's remain disabled.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Red won the Caucasus mission with 11 remaining MiG-21's.
Red won the PG mission with 10 remaining MiG-21's.
Blue won the Syria mission with 1 remaining F1. That was very intense!

The missions are good to help us see what the F1 is capable of. The same type of missions will be always be there when a new CW module is added. The three missions will run for a few more days since everyone seems to enjoy them well.

Operation Two Towns is almost updated completely.

Edited by Alpenwolf
  • Thanks 1

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Server News:

Operation Two Towns change log:
- Instead of 72 x F-5's (10 x slots), it's now 36 x F-5's (6 x slots).
- Added 36 x F1's (6 x slots).
- The AIM-9Juli and the Magic 1 missiles are the only banned air-to-air missiles for the F1.
- After watching tacview files from the first day of the F1 firing the Magic 1 I'll have to keep the missile out. It should be rear-aspect only, but I saw lots of head on kills.
- Once (if) the Magic 1 missile gets fixed I'll add it to the missions.
- Briefing and briefing images updated.
- For F1's comms you can use either of the two TRAP radio systems. This will apply in all missions.
- F1's Radio: Channel 1 (default freq.) is the EWR freq. 251 MHz. Channel 2 is ATC: 256 MHz. Channel 3 is the road base if available: 244 MHz.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Server News:

- Operation Homs (Syria map) and all 4 Caucasus missions (When The Mountains Cry, Two Towns, Open Range and Phone Booth) have been updated.
- 4 missions (PG map) remain to be updated.
- Operation Fulcrums & Tomcats (Caucasus map) requires no updating.

• Thanks 1

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Server News:

- Today (tonight) is the last time the three MiG-21 vs F1 missions are on the server, so if anyone's still in it for dogfighting only, today is the day.
- Starting from tomorrow, 27.07.2022, around 1800 zulu the regular missions will be back online.
- We'll kick things off with operation When The Mountains Cry.
- Always check out the briefing image where available aircraft are listed, especially, with the F1's being added now to all missions (Fulcrums & Tomcats excluded).
- Example from the mission When The Mountains Cry:

important notes BLUE.png

• Like 1

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Server News:

Operation Fight Island change log:
- Added a Gazelle FARP closer to the frontline with 24 x HOT3 missiles available.
- Added 12 x HOT3 missiles at Qeshm Island Airbase, bullseye.
- Mi-24's and Ka-50's will always have to RTB to Havadarya Airbase for rearming.
- Added bombs.
- Note that GBU-12's were there from the beginning and are now available at all F-5/F1 airbases, but in low numbers.
- Added 8 more solo Abrams. Solo means they're not part of a group.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments