Help me hook up to the catapult

Mutantos

• ED Team

make sure your launch bar is down

MP. Carrier Auto Launch Sequence. A client should have to be within 3 meters of the start of the CAT, with angles in not more 10 degrees to CAT line error and extended launch bar for the shortcut key U to work and connect the launch bar.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3529290#post3529290

Edited by BIGNEWY

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Make sure you match the parameters: "Carrier Auto Launch Sequence. A client should have to be within 3 meters of the start of the CAT, with angles in not more 10 degrees to CAT line error and extended launch bar for the shortcut key U to work and connect the launch bar."

Is there any way to know if I'm in tension without looking outside in the F2 view?

You should sense a slight jolt as you are connected to the shuttle (after pressing the "U" key). Also, I don't think the jet blast deflector will raise from the carrier deck unless you are connected (look over your shoulder).

I hope my following question is relevant to this thread: But does anybody else have quite serious problems lining up due to the weird ground handling on the CV's deck? The plane jitters a bit when coming to a stop until the sim decides you've actually stopped, and the 'weathercocking' effect when turning throught the wind is pretty extreme and a bit weird and counter-intuitive; for example, I find when the wind should be helping the aircraft to turn, it stops turning and NWS LO doesn't have enough authority to turn it. Even HI struggles, and the aircraft gets 'pushed' sideways a bit. Often, when viewed in the F2 external view you can see the aircraft sliding sideways and doing strange things.

Thankfully there's some leeway allowed in the lineup. But to me, the deck handling needs some work.