Sensor select fwd, for IRMV mode, turns off TPOD

jonsky7

I have the same issue, however the description is not entirely accurate. It only happens if the TPod is in HTS mode. If the TPod is in underlined TDC Mode it works as intended. If it's in HTS Mode it quirks.

Jo jonsky7, interim solution is to switch of HTS and click on TDC again to have it underlined, and the TPod will stay active.

Turning TPOD video off when SSS FWD in HTS mode is normal and intended behaviour, according to both DCS pocket guide and TACMAN-000 documentation.

It isn’t said if the TPOD returns to SBY, but it does make sens. In SBY the video head is out in stowage position to protect it.

Edited by jojo

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

I have the same issue, however the description is not entirely accurate. It only happens if the TPod is in HTS mode. If the TPod is in underlined TDC Mode it works as intended. If it's in HTS Mode it quirks.

Jo jonsky7, interim solution is to switch of HTS and click on TDC again to have it underlined, and the TPod will stay active.

OK cool, I hadn't noticed it only happens in HTS mode.

So should or shouldn't it return from HTS mode to TDC if that was selected previously?

Turning TPOD video off when SSS FWD in HTS mode is normal and intended behaviour, according to both DCS pocket guide and TACMAN-000 documentation.

It isn’t said if the TPOD returns to SBY, but it does make sens. In SBY the video head is out in stowage position to protect it.

It also says:

"In HTS mode, the aircraft TDC and Sensor Select Switch are controlled by the TPOD. The TPOD obeys all TDC commands and can be controlled by the SSS HOTAS switch, but any TPOD target designation is not considered an aircraft target designation and thus cannot be used for an attack run."

But I can and do use it in HTS mode to designate a target, the DMT hud diamond still follows the TPOD bug, but I hope they don't fix that!

Edited by jonsky7

It should return to the previously selected mode, but doesn't at present.

I think the real-world workflow when using the TPOD is, generally, to move it in TDC mode, pop into HTS mode to make a change, then go right back. (Not that I have any way of knowing; that just seems like the most sensible way based on the manuals.)

Black Shark, Harrier, and Hornet pilot

Many Words - Serial Fiction | Ka-50 Employment Guide | Ka-50 Avionics Cheat Sheet | Multiplayer Shooting Range Mission

It should return to the previously selected mode, but doesn't at present.

I think the real-world workflow when using the TPOD is, generally, to move it in TDC mode, pop into HTS mode to make a change, then go right back. (Not that I have any way of knowing; that just seems like the most sensible way based on the manuals.)

In fact, it seems they stay in HTS after release.

Anyway, once the bomb/ missile is gone, it will track the laser spot. TDC or HTS won’t make a difference anymore.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3550635&postcount=22

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi