Unhooking the cable

Lange_666

After a succesfull trap (which i don't have much currently, still need some practice and for that...more time) i noticed that if i'm not fast enough the pull the hook up, the cable is retracted and pulls my aircraft with it.

I already had a few times where i simply forgot to unhook, turned the aircarft only to "feel" it still being hooked up and drawn sideways across the deck.

At that point (or when the cablesystem pulls back the cable) i'm unable to unhook. Any option to call deckservice to give a bang on it with an iron bar to get unhooked and allow me to taxi to my parking space?

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

check if you dont have antiskid on, it would block your wheels and you would be unable to unhook.

the pull back of the cable is normal and you should let it pull you until complete stop, then and only then you can hook up.

Might not be your case, but....

I see from your signature's spec you are using CH Pro Pedals, are you using Toe Breaks for the wheel breaks? I was before and realised the issue you have was the one i had, i had Toe Break set to the keybinding from DCS (U i think), without any deadzone etc.. so as i landedand had my foot on the pedals, i didn'T realised i was slightly pressing the breaks, so the cable was pulling a bit back but not it's entire pull back cuz i was breaking without noticing it, so wasn't able to break out the tension on the cable.... might not be your issue, ut if set as it, simply pump the break when this happens and take your foot out of the pedals... on my side since i set up toe breake to axis and with a curve on the toe break, it doesn't happens anymore.

Edited by Doum76

Like everyone else said, let it pull you back the 5 or so feet. Raise hook and go. Just don't lock the brakes like I do sometimes on landing and the cable forces your nose up and it looks like it'll give you a stationary tail strike lol

I had the same problem,

In my case it was the brakes and they need to be reversed in axis tune because they where activated all the time, i don’t know why but it seems my rudder pedal brake axis are wrongly calibrated.

Intel® Core™ i7-6900K Processor (watercooled) - Asus ROG Rampage V Edition 10 (watercooled) motherbord - 8 x 8Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3333Mhz RAM (watercooled) - 2 x ROG-STRIX-GTX1080TI-11G-GAMING (watercooled)

- Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro - Logitech G910 Orion Spark - Asus PG348 34'' LCD screen - Razor Tiamat 7.1 - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog Replica USAF A-10C - TrackIR 5 - Pro Flight Cessna Rudder Pedals - VAICOM 2.5 PRO

Might not be your case, but....

I see from your signature's spec you are using CH Pro Pedals, are you using Toe Breaks for the wheel breaks? I was before and realised the issue you have was the one i had, i had Toe Break set to the keybinding from DCS (U i think), without any deadzone etc.. so as i landedand had my foot on the pedals, i didn'T realised i was slightly pressing the breaks, so the cable was pulling a bit back but not it's entire pull back cuz i was breaking without noticing it, so wasn't able to break out the tension on the cable.... might not be your issue, ut if set as it, simply pump the break when this happens and take your foot out of the pedals... on my side since i set up toe breake to axis and with a curve on the toe break, it doesn't happens anymore.

Should be using CH on the brake axis not key command.

I9 9900k @ 5ghz water cooled, 32gb ram, GTX 2080ti, 1tb M.2, 2tb hdd, 1000 watt psu TrackIR 5, TM Warthog Stick and Throttle, CH Pedals

Should be using CH on the brake axis not key command.

Yep changed that when Axis came along and how i figured that out in the CH Control Panel. ;) I was mainly flying the Huey since i got the pedals, so i didn'T really paid much attention to Wheel Breaks until i got the Hornet, wish i'd found the Axis while i was flying the Harrier, if it was implemented.

Edited by Doum76

I had the same issue every trap until I added some dead zone (5) to my pedals.

All good now:thumbup:

i9-13900K@5.8Ghz, RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Aorus Elite AX MB, 64GB DDR5 6000, 2x2TB M.2 980pro SSDs, Win11 64 P, TM Warthog, T-IR 2D @ 4K, Quest Pro VR.

sometimes just hold the brakes for a second when the cable pull you back. then release. wait untiol the hook release the cable.

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5