64GB DDR4 RAM at 2666MHz

GTX 1080Ti with 11GB GDDR5X

Reverb Pro HMD

HOTAS: TM Warthog throttle / TM F18 Grip

Dual H640P Huion tablets used with VRK (Virtual Kneeboard ) software

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

DOF Reality P6, 6 axis Motion Platform

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just a note on the distortion... He was viewing premade content designed specifically for the demo... Games on the other hand do very poorly with high FOV... which is the biggest criticisms of pimax, and anyone who has an ultra wide or triple screen monitors knows all to well. Almost every game just fisheye's your FOV.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.csg-2.net/

Just a note on the distortion... He was viewing premade content designed specifically for the demo... Games on the other hand do very poorly with high FOV... which is the biggest criticisms of pimax, and anyone who has an ultra wide or triple screen monitors knows all to well. Almost every game just fisheye's your FOV.

Good point..and ANY distortion in a simulation like DCS will be a game breaker.

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz. Asus-Z170-PRO MB

CORSAIR H105 HYDRO CPU COOLER.

EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 Elite.

16GB DDR4 2666MHZ HYPERX SAVAGE.

SAMSUNG M.2 SSD 128GB SM951 Boot Drive.

SAMSUNG SSD 500GB EVO Working Drive.

Windows 10 Professional

Great Point - did not know that.

Intel i9 7980XE @4.4Hz

64GB DDR4 RAM at 2666MHz

Reverb Pro HMD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What are the odds this thing comes out at anything less than $2000?

I want to be very, very excited about this HMD...but I am being intentionally cautious about doing so, simply because the price (based on a target market of commercial usage) might be out of reach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

If we assume the worst (very expensive) can only get better.

The key point is probably not the StarVR unit, rather that it’s the first device to be released that has the specs that I’d consider to be enough to call VR generation 2 (if we take say the Vive and CV1 as gen 1).

So now we have a device with better resolution and eye tracking (thus foveated rendering), we just need a group to bring that to market at a consumer level price.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Until it's testet in a real enviroment, like DCS, I would not spend any money on it.

Hopefully it is as good as it seems. And what kinda pc spec is needed to run it?

Win 10 64. GTX1080 ti 11 Gb, Intel i-5, 16 Gb ram, SSD 1,5 Tb, 2 Terrabyte HD, Monitor ASUS XG32V 144Hz, Slaw Milans Rudder Pedals BF109F :thumbup:, Joystick - HOTAS Warthog, Throttle - HOTAS Warthog, TrackIR V5. Pimax 5.

If the price of this HMD is out of range of most of the consumer market, they'll only be hurting themselves, especially with market place competition from rivals.

Edited by Shack

Intel i9 7980XE @4.4Hz

64GB DDR4 RAM at 2666MHz

Reverb Pro HMD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Until it's testet in a real enviroment, like DCS, I would not spend any money on it.

Hopefully it is as good as it seems. And what kinda pc spec is needed to run it?

Exactly. There is no doubt great potential but right now Noone knows how this is a function in real gaming environment compared to Pimax8K.

StarVR One have lower specs in PPD than Pimax8K but Optics is much better who compensate for it. But we don't know anything before real user testing.

I'm expecting StarVR One will reach consumer version but not before 2020.

• 1 month later...
Anything new with StarVR? Do we know if it will be a consumer available product? Extremely curious about the potential of this one.

I believe that it's aimed at business, with a suitably high price to reflect that.

The key USP that it introduces is eye tracking, which is a pre-requisite for foveated rendering, which will supposedly reduce workload on the GPU by a significant margin.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

I will be watching this one closely! Looks like it will be available to consumers at some point... hopefully release and price info soon!

If it’s as good as they say, and works well with DCS you bet there will be plenty of people with a few extra bills tucked under their mattress for this!

Edited by rjetster1

I guess it will be in the same price range as the XTAL HMD, which is 4900 Euros + VAT.

I7 6700K, Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, EVGA GTX1080Ti SC, 32GB DDR4 @ 3000, Win10 64, BenQ EW3270ZL 2560x1440, VPC WarBRD Base + TM Warthog Grip, TM Warthog Throttle, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals, Oculus Rift S

• 3 weeks later...

Well, cheaper than I expected.:D

Anyone? Wags maybe?;)

I7 6700K, Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, EVGA GTX1080Ti SC, 32GB DDR4 @ 3000, Win10 64, BenQ EW3270ZL 2560x1440, VPC WarBRD Base + TM Warthog Grip, TM Warthog Throttle, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals, Oculus Rift S