Cartridges, how to manage them?

Quip

So maybe I'm daft, but there is something about them cartridges I don't get. And yes I have been searching.

The way I understand how they work, you add a ini-files to the Saved Games AJS37 folder. You can have up to 5 different cartridges.

So my questions are:

1. Is this a single ini-file or 5 different files? What happens if I add more than 5 files?
  2. How can I have multiple cartridges that go with different missions?

2 is really what this post is about: I'd like to be able to have "Green" flight to load Cartridge X (number, name?) and flight "Blue" to load Y. And I'd need different cartridges for different missions.

So:

How do I manage cartridges?

In newest Open Beta patch the .ini-file in Saved Games folder doesnt work :(

There is however an older system with up to 5 cartridges in your C:\Program files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\mods\aircraft\AJS37\Cockpit\scripts\NavigationPanel\Device\init.lua. You'll find the cartridges towards the bottom. The drawback with this system is that you needed to respawn Viggen if you made any changes to the cartridge, therefore the other system with the ini-file in saved games was developed.

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.

OK, so the way I see it, there's a limitation to the system(s) (old as well as new) that work against what I'm trying to achieve, and I'm not asking for a fix, but for confirmation that I've understood the fnctionality right:

I can have 5 cartridges, full stop.

I can't have 5 cartridges per .miz (mission) or somehow reditribute cartridges with the mission.

I can't make sure all players in my mission have the exact same 5 cartridges.

Right?

Trying to understand.

Stuff

I just wanted to say of late I've been playing more with the generated cartridges, specifically on Georgia at War, and have been enjoying myself a lot. Been running in on some of the pre generated target groups and having more and more success. (If I don't run into trees on my way in because I wasn't minding my surroundings.)

Had some good moments such as this, which was an awesome target, that had me sweating the last 10km of the ingress:

M71 strike on S-300 site

You are limited a bit if you don't plan the mission yourself. It's very difficult to use BK-90's with the auto cartridges, mainly because you don't really do a nav fix en route when using the auto mission plan. I've found in almost every case, the target point to not be over the target area, due to INS drift, most probably. That is my only complaint.

It's great to see where this work has come thus far, and I am really enjoying it picking a target, starting up and taking it out. (It would rather be very nice if there was a kneeboard page that would update with the route, so we can have better SA. In the case of Georgia at War, I am fortunately familiar with the AO.)

Great work, keep it up! :thumbup:

I like this idea too. My original plan was to have it displayed in the kneeboard but it has been difficult to implement, and CombatFlite is a lot better in usability. I’ll have to think about when the cartridge would be exported, one idea I have is it happens when the user pulls out the cartridge? Like you make a plan in CK37 and pull the cartridge and then the file is written to Saved Games folder and for either sharing with others or inspection in CombatFlite (if that feature is implemented)? How about ELINT export also happens then, instead of when setting BER?

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.

OH! That would be pretty cool.

So what you're thinking about is you flip through the kneedboard where you find the autogen cartridges. Pick the one you want to fly, then... pull the cartridge?

Then import it to CombatFlite, have a peek at the plan, then flip back to DCS start the engine and go drop the hammer? Is that your thought process? Would that allow us to remain in the jet, and tab out of DCS to checkout the plan in CombatFlite? If so, that would be pretty cool.

It would be a massive quality of life change for me, and I think others, flying the Viggen in MP, and if you combine that with Elint data... Would be pretty ninja.

guys read this!

Viper from CombatFlite said he can do this.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3649697&postcount=493

Awesome! Just getting into CombatFlite and loving the Viggen synergy. Seeing the flightplan - whether it be custom or autogenerated cartridge - on CombatFlite would be great.

A-10C Warthog | AJS-37 Viggen | F-5E Tiger II | Mig-15bis | MiG-19P Farmer

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

Where does DCS store all the waypoints? I have a few sandbox missions on different maps for training and I want to go back to a clean slate with cartridge data? Some of the mission cartridge data shows waypoints I put down a year ago. Is ther a file I need to delete?

[edit] already answered in another thread - saved games/dcs_ajs37 - delete the contents of this folder

Edited by Sprool
updated info