Tyndall AFB looks like it was attacked

razorseal

Yeah I wanted to make a thread earlier but forgot, not just posting it the Military & Aviation News, this is quite out of the ordinary ...

It's a total loss they say, they evacuated 33 F-22 Raptors, no confirmation but speculation is there could be +20 F-22 Raptor missing ... varied degree of damage.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-10-13/hurricane-cost-may-skyrocket-billions-stealth-fighter-jets-unaccounted-tyndall-afb

kbMHqBnnBL4

At 2:20 it starts showing one damaged hangar, you can see some single-engine jet which seems like F-16 maybe, and some smaller prop planes, no sight of F-22.

Edited by Worrazen

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

All flyable AC were flown out ahead of time, the rest were packed into the hangers.

only grounded AC were left behind, Mainly noncombat and QF-16 Drones.

Any grounded AC were likely already huge repair costs, so it doesnt change anything other than dropping how many airframes they operate, and dropping their operational budget.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

I don't like to speculate, so I'll wait to hear the reports on the F-22s left behind. Curious to see where F-22 training is going to be held for possibly the next couple of years as the base is rebuilt. 40 + F-22 and T-38s aren't exactly easy to place anywhere, nevermind logistics.