f-18c launch bar extend /retract shortcut

phil106ci

As of right now there are no keyboard short cuts to extend / retract the launch bar. The "U" key / command simply hooks the launch bar (and hence aircraft) to the shuttle once the launch bar is down and it is located close to the catapult shuttle. You could map the Extend / Retract Launch Bar function to a switch on your controller if you wanted to though.

Edited by Banman

i7-8700K (6 Core, 12MB Cache, 4.6GHz) 32 GB DDR4 XMP @ 2933MHz, GTX 1080Ti w/ 11GB GDDR5X, Windows 10 Pro, 256GB SSD, TM Warthog Stick & Throttle, TM TPR Pedals, TrackIR5

There is a mappable function for the launch bar, I've mapped it to the keyboard. But there is an issue with it. You have to keep the button pressed for a few 100 ms otherwise it will just flip back up as soon as you release the key when just tapping it shortly. Basically the exact opposite behaviour of the ALR-67 on/off switch which has to be tapped in probably less than 50ms to stay pressed. With mouse usage, those problems never occur.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Its a peculiar indeed, no keyboard command, I just also have it bound to a (shifted) button.

I guess most people do this likewise or use the mouse, because else how are you going to hook up?

Edited by majapahit

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |