Arma 1.08 is out

I used to play OFP for 5 years and still play it sometimes. CTI is like the best map type ever.

Not really into Arma cos it is slower than OFP and doesn't look that good when you turn all the details down in order to get decent FPS. You think Lockon is a hog ? WRONG, try Arma first.

Warning: The following might cause stupidity

http://youtube.com/watch?v=25LceCPO1ys

I played the demo... there was some fun stuff about this game, but its a test of will power to get used to using a trackIR for infantry stuff.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

I never did buy this. The demo sucked so badly. I liked the gameplay, there just wasnt enough people.

There alot of people playing CTI in the full version?

IMO Coop is the best way to play ArmA online, I find adversarial missions like Hold or CTF just too boring but the online community is pretty strong so there's a lot of well populated servers to choose from for either adversarial or coop. It is worth mentioning though that you have to fish around the servers until you find a good room that suites your style of play. But once you find a server with a good admin then as an Online FPS ArmA cant be beat.

@vistrel,

Yeah its a pig alright but even turned right down, as I have to, it still looks pretty good IMO.

snap031sp4.th.jpg snap033bq0.th.jpg snap036yq7.th.jpg

snap127gc8.th.jpg snap130pc0.th.jpg ss28kx8.th.jpg

ss30it5.th.jpg ss38pk2.th.jpg

Cozmo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Minimum effort, maximum satisfaction.

CDDS Tutorial Version 3. | Main Screen Mods.

I played the demo... there was some fun stuff about this game, but its a test of will power to get used to using a trackIR for infantry stuff.

Oh man, I loved the TrackIR in the demo. Once you get used to it, its priceless.

Patch is pretty good for me, no real performance change. But some irritating bugs are fixed, thankfully.

Slightly OT, but I was wondering what you fellow LockOn fliers make of the Yaw/rudder control in all air vehicles, or apparent lack there of.

With the helos and the harrier I didn't really mind, because I have never played a proper harrier/helo sim, but when I took the A10 up for a spin the abysmal rudder control is the same. Now I know, from LockOn, the A10 (even the SU25T with its advanced FM) rely heavily on rudder for lining up targets for the gun/rockets, but in AmrA I just find this impossible as the rudder appears to have little or no affect on the aircraft. Have you guys found this, or is there perhaps something wrong with my controls?

cheers

Sean

Specs: GA-Z87X-UD3H, i7-4770k, 16GB, RTX2060, SB AE-5, 750watt Corsair PSU, X52, Track IR4, Win10x64.

Sim Settings: Textures: ? | Scenes: ? |Water: ? | Visibility Range: ? | Heat Blur: ? | Shadows: ? | Res: 1680x1050 | Aspect: 16:10 | Monitors: 1 Screen | MSAA: ? | Tree Visibility: ? | Vsync: On | Mirrors: ? | Civ Traffic: High | Res Of Cockpit Disp: 512 | Clutter: ? | Fullscreen: On

Patch is pretty good for me, no real performance change. But some irritating bugs are fixed, thankfully.

Slightly OT, but I was wondering what you fellow LockOn fliers make of the Yaw/rudder control in all air vehicles, or apparent lack there of.

With the helos and the harrier I didn't really mind, because I have never played a proper harrier/helo sim, but when I took the A10 up for a spin the abysmal rudder control is the same. Now I know, from LockOn, the A10 (even the SU25T with its advanced FM) rely heavily on rudder for lining up targets for the gun/rockets, but in AmrA I just find this impossible as the rudder appears to have little or no affect on the aircraft. Have you guys found this, or is there perhaps something wrong with my controls?

cheers

Sean

omg dude i cant stand how theres like no rudder control in the choppers (cant remember what its like in the aircraft) its so god dam hard to line up a target. it seems it only allows rudder input when your at very low speeds. drives me insane

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

well... Rogueblade sorry but this isnt BF2 where you hit rudder and the helo spins round and round when your going 150mph!!! you have to much speed and momentum to use the rudder. it has no effect at those high speeds so what your saying is very true! it can only effectively be used at slow speeds.

4w24cLi.png?4

Voice of Jester AI

Death From Above =DFA= Squadron Discord - https://discord.gg/deathfromabove

http://www.twitch.tv/graywo1f

https://www.youtube.com/user/Lonewo1fg

the planes though..what about the A10? :joystick:

Specs: GA-Z87X-UD3H, i7-4770k, 16GB, RTX2060, SB AE-5, 750watt Corsair PSU, X52, Track IR4, Win10x64.

Sim Settings: Textures: ? | Scenes: ? |Water: ? | Visibility Range: ? | Heat Blur: ? | Shadows: ? | Res: 1680x1050 | Aspect: 16:10 | Monitors: 1 Screen | MSAA: ? | Tree Visibility: ? | Vsync: On | Mirrors: ? | Civ Traffic: High | Res Of Cockpit Disp: 512 | Clutter: ? | Fullscreen: On

To Rogue..... they can yaw a little just like you can in Arma but only a little. come on think about it huge main rotor creates a huge gyro and a little tail rotor to counteract the huge gyro... yea only at slow speeds buddy ;)

4w24cLi.png?4

Voice of Jester AI

Death From Above =DFA= Squadron Discord - https://discord.gg/deathfromabove

http://www.twitch.tv/graywo1f

https://www.youtube.com/user/Lonewo1fg

IMO ArmA is terrible. Looks good on some still screenshots, though.

I really tried to like this sim.

If I'm looking for FPS action, I still go for America's Army or BF2142. If I want to fly Lock On is best choice. I tried choppers in ArmA and just did not know if I should laugh or cry. Controls and the way this flying object responded was just so annoying for me. My plan was to ply ArmA mostly just for flying transport choppers for inserting/extracting ppl in serious MP missions, but it was ruined by horrible experience with ArmA in all areas.

It's my opinion of course, I know there are many hardcore gamers that just ignore all that because of blind love or because there's no other replacement for war sim like ArmA is.

Good luck with 1.08! :)

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer