Bindings gone in this update 2.5.4 - again?

imacken

it's a beta version you're using... you know what you've signed up for...

It's been said many times, if you don't want to deal with these potential issue you should stick to the stable version

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 F-GAMING | i7-10700K | RTX3090 TUF OC | 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz | Windows 10 64bit | Acer Predator X34P | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog | TM T.Flight Rudder Pedals

A-10C | A-10C II | F/A-18C | F-16C | FC3 | PG | Syria | SC

Home made F-16C simulator
Forum Thread: DCS World forum - The Viper Project - Home Cockpits Instagram: 1583142 copia.jpg The Viper Project YouTube youtube-icon-512x512-874lspju.png The Viper Project - Youtube channel

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's been said many times, if you don't want to deal with these potential issue you should stick to the stable version

Did the same to me as well. I'm not running the beta version either.

System 1:

Windows 10 Pro 22H2 Build 19045.4123 - Core i7 3770K/Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3 (BIOS F-10)/32GB G-Skill Trident X DDR3 CL7-8-8-24/Asus RTX 2070 OC 8GB - drivers 551.61/LG Blue Ray DL Burner/1TB Crucial MX 500 SSD/(x2)1TBMushkinRAWSSDs/2TB PNY CS900 SSD/Corsair RM750w PSU/Rosewill Mid Challenger Tower/34" LG LED Ultrawide 2560x1080p/Saitek X56 HOTAS/TrackIR 5 Pro/Thermaltake Tt esports Commander Gear Combo/Oculus Quest 2/TM 2xMFD Cougar/InateckPCIeUSB3.2KU5211-R

System 2:

Windows 11 Home 23H2 22631.3527 - MSI Codex Series R2 B14NUC7-095US - i7 14700F/MSI Pro B760 VC Wifi/32GB DDR5 5600mhz RAM/RTX 4060/2TB nVME SSD/4TB 2.5in SSD/650w Gold PSU

This is a nonsense statement. The stable version regularly continues the issues that are present in the OB, as it is the OB just a week or so later!

The ‘stable’ version is not bug free, it just doesn’t (theoretically) have any show stopping errors, and clearly this kind of controller issue is not deemed important enough to stop the OB moving to stable. Hence why this issue is now in the current ‘stable’ version.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Destruction of key bindings after updates are not specific only with DCS. It happens in a lot of programs and it's even worse in programs like Star Citizen. It simply comes with the territory. It's analogous to the proverbial "S, S and S(have)" in morning preps for the day.

Win 10 64 bit

Intel I-7 7700K

32GB Ram

Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 6gig

I’m experiencing this same issue and it is *very* frustrating. I don’t understand why several of you in this thread just shrug your shoulders and say it comes with the territory. This is literally not a hard problem for ED to solve/prevent. This isn’t like implementing ATC or adding FLIR pods.

releases are labeled “beta” for a reason....

Why do people keep posting this? The stable release is usually the previous beta. It is not bug free, it is the beta without any show stopping bugs.

The bindings issue here is in the stable release as well, as it was carried over from when the stable release was the beta. If you see what I mean! Obviously, ED did not consider this issue important enough to fix before releasing the latest ‘stable’ version.

I did not update my stable install for that reason.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Seems some people suffer from this while others do not. I've had this happen exactly once when they changed the underlying system a while ago, but other than that, no problems whatsoever. Now the question is why only a part of the player base sees this happening while the rest are unaffected...

Edited by msalama

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

The bindings issue here is in the stable release as well, as it was carried over from when the stable release was the beta

that’s unfortunate. it isn’t supposed to work that way.

perhaps the bug wasn’t found by members using the beta?

or for whatever reason, it wasn’t considered widespread enough to fix before release?

i don’t like either scenario, but there isn’t much we can do now, other than file a support request.

that’s unfortunate. it isn’t supposed to work that way.

perhaps the bug wasn’t found by members using the beta?

or for whatever reason, it wasn’t considered widespread enough to fix before release?

i don’t like either scenario, but there isn’t much we can do now, other than file a support request.

It works that way all the time, unfortunately. Bugs can go on for a very long time. It's only if ED consider them to be show stoppers that they hold on allowing them into the stable release.

To be honest, we are in a constant beta state with DCS due to its ever evolving nature.

If, I had saved my bindings somewhere, where would I find them? If I found them, how would I go about getting them back in the game? Would I still be able to even put them back in?

TWC_SLAG

Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, ASUS Prime Z390 MB, Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 3.1mhz CPU, ASUS 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram, Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte curved monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, hp Reverb G2.

If, I had saved my bindings somewhere, where would I find them? If I found them, how would I go about getting them back in the game? Would I still be able to even put them back in?

Your bindings are “saved’” in C:/Users/your name/Saved Games\DCS\Config\Input. Where they are “backed up” is up to you. If your bindings got lost or corrupted then the Saved Games files won’t help ya. If you have indeed “backed up” your bindings, copy/paste them into the appropriate Saved Games folder to restore them.

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

This isn't about losing any files, it's something that happens in some updates that causes conflicts and 'lost' bindings.